Pennsylvania Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: liftnw8z

soondg down but not out!

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 04:34 PM
oldfart
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jaysus Mary and Joseph!! I get tied up with hunting season and I'm gone for 2 months and Soondg turns to crap! WTH is that all about?? Joe..I ain't got time to read all this! (6 pages fer crissakes!) Gimme all the details short and sweet...I've still got Flintlock Season and late Small Game Season to deal with!! I got the part about "having yer plural-cavity" cleaned out. No worries mate..had that done myself!! My Doc told me to stop letting my girlfriend...uhhhh....well....just never you mind! Found out I was allergic to latex...go figger?? A&D Ointment helps a lot..and stop doin' that!! Now..what was the rest of the problem? Ahhh.."the nicotine patch" farce. Joe..most smokers die trying to quit. I feel it's my doody to keep American workers employed so I just "roll-my-own." I kin roll a carton of smokes fer $8 -vs- the $45 they want to gig us for Marlboros. I feel better (being the frugal man I am) and they still sell tobacco. Problem solved. No risky additives and none of that "cigerettes-going-out-when-you-fall-asleep" crap. I can burn up a set of sheets every week...haven't burnt the house down yet!! Now..if yer chloresteral is high..blood-pressure is high..have kidney stones...??? Consider taking up drinking beer! Yes my friend..beer. It cleanses the blood...makes missing all those deer easier to swallow and ensures that all those tiny passages that must pass kidney-stones are capable of doing so with minimal effort. I (personally) have passed kidney-stones the size of grapefruits..with no ill effect. Harrumph! JMHO of course. Audie..the Oldfart...

Old 12-13-2008, 06:56 PM
78workhorse
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Holy crap its old fart!!!! Where ya been ol timer? Dont think we've seen you on the board much lately. I'm sure you got plenty of stories to tell. Let'em rip!!!

Old 01-23-2009, 08:42 PM
soondg
Postmaster
Phase two;

Last summer at Carlisle I had an infection that took me out of circulation for awhile. I couldn't tell how bad it was because of an existing condition that is extremely painful, even with shots of morphine and dilaudid the pain wouldn't go away. I tried various methods to get relief but to no avail. Over the last couple of months it has progressed to the point of losing all strength in my left arm, the triceps wouldn't work at all and the pain has increased tremendously. The best description for the pain; Imagine a charlie horse that starts at the top of your neck goes to the shoulder into the bicep and triceps down the forearm into the hand and fingers. Now imagine you hit your funny bone, except it travels the same route and doesn't go away, just stays there 24/7. During this you feel as though someone is pounding your fingers with a hammer. This all started about 3-1/2 years ago when I took a fall. They had performed emergency surgery to prevent permanent paralysis. The orthopedic surgeon thought we should leave the rest of it alone and see if we could improve it with other forms of treatment. There was a period when it was some what bearable ( I don't really take many meds, especially narcotic), but recently it just exploded. I can't lift my head up , the pain has migrated to my upper back, ribs and the left side of my chest. If some one shot me or I had a major coronary I couldn't tell because of the existing pain. Well today I went to the ortho doctor and they set me up for surgery this Wednesday. Their going to open the spinal column and graft new bone in to take the pressure off the spinal cord. they believe this may be enough to give me relief from the pain. Instead of putting a halo on as a brace their going to hold it all together with titanium plates until the bone grafts take. I requested the sterilized cadaver bones, I figure who ever their getting it from wouldn't be needing it anymore. Over the last 4 years I have had so many bone transplants from different cadavers that I believe I'm developing multiple personality's. My wife thinks it's cool, she gets to go to bed with a different guy every night. I still have a request in for titanium to be installed in another part of my anatomy, but, so far they seem reluctant to oblige me. I'll keep asking though, if they get upset I'll blame it on one of the other personality's. I also asked if they could give me a two for one, since they already have my neck sliced open, could they give me a little neck and chin tuck. It never hurts to ask for a discount.

Old 01-23-2009, 09:13 PM
c00nhunterjoe
Post Fiend
wow, i hope it all goes well,

Old 01-24-2009, 01:46 AM
78workhorse
Senior User
Hey Joe. You keep nickle and dime'n the wife and shes gonna trade you in for a newer model. All kiddin aside, get well my man, get well.

Old 01-24-2009, 06:24 AM
glruff
Super Moderator
Received 157 Likes on 93 Posts
WOW Joe, hope you get on the road to recovery real soon.

Old 01-24-2009, 08:51 AM
big poppa
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Wow Joe, hope things go your way this time around, praying for yaa brother. I still didn't forget about the RHN for PA, as soon as i get a chance.

Old 01-24-2009, 08:44 PM
soondg
Postmaster
Thanks for the well wishes guys, I'm really looking forward to getting some relief.

78(yo dude put your real name in your sig), she doesn't need a new model, she's getting a concourse level classic rebuilt, that has all the kinks out of it.

If I where as old as George I'd have been categorized as a vintage model.

Mike, when I get done with this surgery stuff I'll contact you in real time and we can discuss and put it up for the other chapter members to think about and see who would like to get involved. It's as great idea.

Old 01-24-2009, 08:52 PM
2003u45
Senior User
We havent met yet, as I ma new to the fords site, but get well so I can meet you in Carlisle! Hang in there and recooperate!

Old 01-24-2009, 09:12 PM
soondg
Postmaster
Another Joe, I like that.

Did you put your name on the list yet and pre-register for the discount.

Old 01-24-2009, 10:23 PM
2003u45
Senior User
Ummm. No, I dont think I have. Ill do the click thing in yer signature and find out...

Old 01-24-2009, 10:33 PM
2003u45
Senior User
Wife just reminded me that we need to check our camping schedule. Hopefully we can work this in...the campgound look nice too. We may drive the 1 hr up to carlisle to check it out.

She & I will hash it out tomorrow.

Old 01-24-2009, 11:42 PM
F2504x4
Lead Driver
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Dang nabbit Joe you better quite this crap, this is not the way to keep in touch with those sexy nurses you know..., man i hope you get back on your feet and put this stuff behind you, I am looking forward to another meet, this time I will drive my truck.

Old 01-26-2009, 10:06 AM
soondg
Postmaster
Ray, I'm like an old horse, creaky, cranky, stubborn, battered, broke and no matter what you do I'm just going to plod along.

Old 01-28-2009, 09:58 PM
soondg
Postmaster
Had the surgery this afternoon and I still have some pain in the arm. The doctor said it should subside as the swelling goes down. I didn't want to stay in the hospital so I got them to release me about 7:30 this evening. As we where headed to the turnpike I got really nauseous, I was still feeling the effects of the anesthesia and the pain medicine, I wound up leaving the last couple of days meals in the parking lot of the Enterprise Rent a Car on 611. Maybe I should have stayed a couple more hours. I just wanted to check in an say hello, I'm headed to bed now that I've got my daily FTE., Mid-Atlantic Region, Pennsylvania Chapter fix.

GO STEELERS!

Quick Reply: soondg down but not out!