Aerostar Ford Aerostar

New 'star, new troubles....

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 12:54 AM
DCRB
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New 'star, new troubles....

Well my dad brought home ANNOTHER 'star. it's kinda like my star's brother, in the sense that it's got blue interior, and it's a 93 xlt extended w a 3.0l. but i sit in it, look at it and think... it's like mine, but it's not... but it was purchased back in like jan. of 93 from ford to be used by exec's for canby telecom services to drive to and from albany i think it was. it has the old school 5 star plastic hub caps, two tone paint job in light blue on top/bottom and silver in the center. it also has like 76,xxx miles on it... as well as a class 2, 1 1/4" reciver, and is wired for lights (although we'll see how well it works). dunno how it drives, but i think the alt is bad, the needle points strait down when running, and at like N when off. it also acts like it has a cam (or isn't idling right, like its not firing on all cylinders) when idling after i revved it.

from peeking under the hood it looks like both heater core hoses (yes it has rear air), maybe a rad. hose. it didn't come with any maintenance reccords (lame? it was bought from a business) and the OEM ford oil cap was replaced with a hard to turn aftermarket one

any ways it's got a few problems... the turn signals don't work. at first i thought it was a fuse, but get this - the four way flashers don't work UNLESS the turn signal switch is clicked into either left or right. help w that please?

the second problem is that it had ac when dad bought it today, and on the way home, he said it made a wierd banging noise, then stopped blowing cold air... i turned the car on tonight, and when i turn on the ac when idling i think the compresser seizes up the belt cuz it starts squealing crazy bad, the voltage meter jumps wayyyyyyy down and the amp light comes on.

once the van is insured i will take it schucks and get the codes pulled, if there are any. oh and did i mention that it has aerostar labled floor mats, and the body is MINT inside and out? lol

so yeah, bozz, you have a fellow addict.

here's what my family has so far:

(in order by year)
'89 civic hatch dx - my parts car
'89 civic hatch base model frankesteined w dx, si, prelude, and HF parts
'93 aerostar xlt 3.0l from indianna - mine - 126,xxx
'93 aerostar xlt 3.0l - dad's new "family" van - 76,xxx
'93 aerostar xlt 4.0l awd - dad's workerish van (he does masonry) - 198,xxx
'94 aerostar xlt 4.0l awd - dad's other work van, been in family forever - 130,xxx
'95 aerostar xlt 4.0l 2wd mom's dd/ baby - 104,xxx
'06 suzukie forenza - gf's dd

ugh i gotta put ANOTHER cd player in a 'star. i'm really hating ford right now... lol but lovin them at the same time.