6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis

Got my SPARTAN DPF Delete and tunes hooked up!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 11:43 PM
GM243
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got my SPARTAN DPF Delete and tunes hooked up!!!!!!!

So i got my spartan dpf delete pipe and 210hp tune installed on my truck today thanks to MICK1955. I must say "OH MY GOD" this thing is awsome. I am glad that i did it. Black smoke, incredible sound, smoke my 35X12.5 toyo m/t, and my wife is scared. Thanks for all the help Paul.

Old 08-14-2008, 11:55 PM
mick1955
Senior User
Glad you got it going! Now when you are not out burning the tires off the truck, you will need to install the config file on your sd card. That way you will have the gauges already setup, with the high warning from Matt... If you think it's bad now, get the 250 race tune!!!!

Old 08-15-2008, 04:44 PM
boulderbronco
Tuned
Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by GM243
I am glad that i did it. Black smoke, incredible sound, smoke my 35X12.5 toyo m/t, and my wife is scared. Thanks for all the help Paul.
So let me get this straight. You think the black smoke is cool? You can't be serious. No doubt having that power is sweet, I would do it exept I like my warranty. But to gloat on the black smoke thing... I just don't get it.
Sorry I'm not trying to be an ***. It's just strange that someone would enjoy pumping black smoke into the air. Have you had a chance to run some mileage numbers?

Old 08-15-2008, 05:11 PM
dzldude
Senior User
nice.i dont ya love it when you see some smoke comin outa the exhaust pipe.

Old 08-15-2008, 07:51 PM
captain_trucks
Senior User
Originally Posted by dzldude
nice.i dont ya love it when you see some smoke comin outa the exhaust pipe.
Smokem if you got em

Old 08-15-2008, 11:31 PM
GM243
Freshman User
Havent even fillied up the tank since i got it goin. I will let you all know when calc some milage. It doesn't smoke unless i just stomp the gas. But yeah its cool to see. I am 26 and this is my first truck that isn't a 1500 Chevy. I have had 5 halt ton gas chevys in my life and i am just loving the power that this thing has. Gonna pull my boat up to a mountain lake this sunday and i can't wait to see how it handles. As far as my warrenty goes on my truck its not all that important. I didnt get the extended and this is just my "Play" truck. I drive it only on the weekends for my hobbies. So i guess im just havin fun with it for now.

Old 08-16-2008, 08:14 PM
dzldude
Senior User
dude,you should put up a vid of you rollin coal.

Old 08-17-2008, 07:26 PM
case_7010
Junior User
ya roll some coal for us. screw al gore and them tree huggers

Old 08-17-2008, 08:41 PM
LAJones
Freshman User
I would definitely like to read some updates on how your truck is doing after you have had it for awhile, regarding mpg, power and any motor issues.

Old 08-17-2008, 11:11 PM
GM243
Freshman User
Not so good on my first weekend run

I just got home from going to the lake. I filled up my truck completely full before i left. I drove 202.3 Mi today and just filled up again when i got home. 23.5 gallons of diesel. Got a whoping 8.6 mi to the gallon. Not sure what the problem is. I have the delete pipe and thought it would double that. I ran the 210 RWHP tune and could tell a difference in power. Had tons and it was always there when i wanted it. Maybe i shouldn't be towing my boat with the 210 but i heard it was still best. Gonna have to calc out some Mi without the boat to see whats up. Maybe im not doing something right. I just changed out the pipe and tuned the 210 tune. Anyone have any advice?

Old 08-17-2008, 11:52 PM
jasfaa
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Keep your foot out of it. When I first chipped my truck I had the same issue but I was also constantly flooring it and watching the black smoke (Yes I love seeing the smoke and can't stand these new diesel guzzlers that blow clear but burn twice as much to do this freak of nature) If you did keep your foot out of it then it sounds like something is wrong based on other peoples posts.

Old 08-18-2008, 09:20 PM
Jay2008
Freshman User
Are you using a GPS for the miles driven? The 35's are going to make your distance traveled off a bit unless you've had the speedo corrected. I know the AVG. MPG on the truck is way off compared to hand calculated when it's tuned.

Old 08-18-2008, 09:57 PM
GM243
Freshman User
i didnt use the gps. I had a gear change and tire size change since i got the truck. I sent the changes to spartan when i sent them all my info. 4.10 gears, 35x12.5 tires, afe stage 2, rbp exaust. I thought that the tunes may have fixed my MPH. I could be mistaken i suppose. I called spartans number today and left a message to call me back about theese questions. Like, should i be running the 210 tune while towing? Should i have the tow haul on? Is my speedo correct? My speedo says 65 MPH, running 2000 RPM, 19 lbs. of boost. Seems like a lot of boost but i have to have that to maintain 65 MPH. So if my speedo is off then im goin about 76 mph or so which isn't too good of gas milage i suppose. I just thought that the DPF Delete would have given my a noticable difference in mpg. I have made this same lake trip with the same boat about 20 times this summer. Always running 65mph on the truck and was getting 9.8 to 10.2 mpg consistant. I would rather have the power than the mpg. Didn't really buy the 3/4 ton truck for mpg. I am just worried that i am doing somthing wrong with the tuning, or maybe the tunes were mislabled. Not sure. I will let you all know what i find out from spartan when i hear back. If anyone has any info for me it would be cool. thanks

Old 08-24-2008, 09:53 PM
SpartanDieselTech
Former Vendor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GM243, try a different selection of tunes. As a general rule, most trucks respond the best in economy to the 210 horsepower tune, but it does vary truck-to-truck.

Depending on driving style, an upgrade to the 250 may help. Some report it gets better economy than the 210; others report its about the same. However, obviously with the step up in power, more caution will need to be taken when towing.

If nothing seems to help, just let us know, and we will see what we can do to help. The full datalogging features of the Phalanx help alot in that department- if it continues to have no improvement, we can have you set up a list of specific PID's to monitor and send us the log. Being able to view the datalogs gives us a way to view what is going on with your individual vehicle and make some custom tailored changes if that is what is required

Old 08-25-2008, 07:41 AM
Mallie
Freshman User
Spartan Guy,,,
I have more HP and torque than I need. Do you all have a program that just targets mpg and does not try to change the power. I just need better economy and I would be fine. I have finally give up on Ford every giving a rats *** about screwing us.
I have a service truck that goes a max of 20 miles at a time and I think that is the biggest problem. I am going to have to do something. A couple of hundred in fuel saving every month would probably pay for your equipment pretty quickly.

Quick Reply: Got my SPARTAN DPF Delete and tunes hooked up!!!!!!!