Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-Atlantic Region > West Virginia Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

West Virginia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Archion

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-08-2008, 09:53 PM
Posting Guru

5_labsownus has a good reputation on FTE.5_labsownus has a good reputation on FTE.5_labsownus has a good reputation on FTE.
Moving up?

We have moved up?
About 20:00 hrs this forum was where it has been for a few years, in the Southern Region.
Now tonight it is up the ladder to the Mid Atlantic Region!

Rod

This is my RCA dog look!
Old 08-09-2008, 07:33 AM
WV Chapter LDR

Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.
Archion.Uberpimp PartsGuyMatt mvose OVC Archion
There go the property taxes...lol
JOIN THE WEST VIRGINIA CHAPTER CLICK HERE
#22needsaface
Old 08-09-2008, 12:34 PM
Elder User

Paul T is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
We were always for the North. Who knows why they put us in the south. If you watch the weather channel and they show the map sections, West Virginia is alway on the border in the northeast, mid atlantic, south eastern, and mid west and usually you have to watch all the areas to get the weather forcast. It is like they do not know where to put us. As long as they do not think we are still part of Virginia.
1988 F150 4x4 Short Bed 300-6
Old 08-09-2008, 01:07 PM
Posting Guru

5_labsownus has a good reputation on FTE.5_labsownus has a good reputation on FTE.5_labsownus has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archion View Post
There go the property taxes...lol
What? The IQ went up in both regions? LOL

I know about the south thing! I thought myself as part of the north. The gGov calls us "Mid-West" and I don't see that!

Rod

This is my RCA dog look!
Old 08-09-2008, 09:49 PM
Postmaster

1975StroppeBaja is a splendid one to behold1975StroppeBaja is a splendid one to behold1975StroppeBaja is a splendid one to behold1975StroppeBaja is a splendid one to behold1975StroppeBaja is a splendid one to behold1975StroppeBaja is a splendid one to behold
I was looking for the WV chapter and what like, what the hell? Did they lump us in with VA?

Finally found us though.

Click - My Super Duty Tech Articles
1975 Baja Bronco Project
1984 Ranger 4x4 R.I.P Nov 2007
Old 08-09-2008, 09:49 PM
Senior User

dieselguy2008 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul T View Post
We were always for the North. Who knows why they put us in the south. If you watch the weather channel and they show the map sections, West Virginia is alway on the border in the northeast, mid atlantic, south eastern, and mid west and usually you have to watch all the areas to get the weather forcast. It is like they do not know where to put us. As long as they do not think we are still part of Virginia.
We were always for the north????? Where did you learn your history? I guess thats why the mason dixon line is there! And if WV was still part of VA maybe WV's unemployment wouldnt be so high. Oh yeah! For that matter everything else there also. WV is a rip off of a state. Yeah Im from there but Im glad I got out when I did. I just got gas today for 3.40 a gallon. WV hasnt saw that in how long? To each their own. You must be a confused YANKEE
Old 08-10-2008, 09:41 AM
Posting Guru

As I remember from WV history we seceded from Virginia in 1863 to be part of the Union. As I recall the Union was the north.

“Although the Mason-Dixon line is most commonly associated with the division between the northern and southern (free and slave, respectively) states during the 1800s and American Civil War-era, the line was delineated in the mid-1700s to settle a property dispute. The two surveyors who mapped the line, Charles Mason and Jeremiah Dixon, will always be known for their famous boundary.”

About.Com:Geography

As for pricing, we are paying more for fuel than other states and alot less than some. But we pay a lot less for other things than most of the country.

Fresh corn on the cob: 6-12 ears $2-$4 here.
Mid west in season 6 for $6-$8

Pet spay $35-$45 here
Arizona $100+

Sales tax 6% or 0.06c on the dollar
Some other states do have lower tax
Other are 6%or higher

Home purchase prices
Examples here for a 1500 sq ft and 1 acre 68-100K
Other states the same is >125K to 250K
Look at large states like WY for land/home prices

I think we are doing very good here in WV!

This is my RCA dog look!
Old 08-10-2008, 11:23 AM
Postmaster

1975StroppeBaja is a splendid one to behold1975StroppeBaja is a splendid one to behold1975StroppeBaja is a splendid one to behold1975StroppeBaja is a splendid one to behold1975StroppeBaja is a splendid one to behold1975StroppeBaja is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5_labsownus View Post
I think we are doing very good here in WV!
x2

Click - My Super Duty Tech Articles
1975 Baja Bronco Project
1984 Ranger 4x4 R.I.P Nov 2007
Old 08-10-2008, 05:25 PM
Post Fiend

Dave Sponaugle is a splendid one to beholdDave Sponaugle is a splendid one to beholdDave Sponaugle is a splendid one to beholdDave Sponaugle is a splendid one to beholdDave Sponaugle is a splendid one to beholdDave Sponaugle is a splendid one to beholdDave Sponaugle is a splendid one to behold
WV is the northern most southern state and the southern most northern state.

During the Civil War, the fighting in WV was some of the worst because family members were fighting against family members.

I live about 18 miles from Phillippi WV, which was the first land battle of the Civil War.

Many of the local hills around here still have evidence of the trenches from the Civil War.

And I think the move has a lot to do with the Carlisle Truck show.

"I dig dirt"

FTE Guidelines

FTE Moderator IDI diesel forum

WV Chapter Member
Old 08-10-2008, 07:58 PM
Post Fiend

msgtg is a splendid one to beholdmsgtg is a splendid one to beholdmsgtg is a splendid one to beholdmsgtg is a splendid one to beholdmsgtg is a splendid one to beholdmsgtg is a splendid one to beholdmsgtg is a splendid one to beholdmsgtg is a splendid one to behold
Ok guys, here's the answer....

We are mucho closer to the Mid-Atlantic group than we are to the South. George and I talked about this move ever since I became the Chapter Lead. Adrian heard the two of us and agreed so our Chapter has been moved to the Mid-Atlantic region.

NOW...the other winner for us is that the Mid-Atlantic region is really an active region and with WV rebuilding and being more active than we have been in the past...the Mid-Atlantic region was actively courting us to move.

As a result of the Carlisle All Truck Nationals Show this year....the WV Chapter is continuing to move up!

Thanks for noticing Rod! More to come shortly!!!

Regards,
Joe

We live in the Land Of The Free...BECAUSE of the Brave! My humble thanks to all Veterans, past and present
Old 08-11-2008, 11:38 PM
Post Fiend

Dave Sponaugle is a splendid one to beholdDave Sponaugle is a splendid one to beholdDave Sponaugle is a splendid one to beholdDave Sponaugle is a splendid one to beholdDave Sponaugle is a splendid one to beholdDave Sponaugle is a splendid one to beholdDave Sponaugle is a splendid one to behold
I knew it was Joe and George and the Aussie......Kalifornian all being in Carlisle at the same time.

"I dig dirt"

FTE Guidelines

FTE Moderator IDI diesel forum

WV Chapter Member
Old 08-12-2008, 05:51 AM
Post Fiend

msgtg is a splendid one to beholdmsgtg is a splendid one to beholdmsgtg is a splendid one to beholdmsgtg is a splendid one to beholdmsgtg is a splendid one to beholdmsgtg is a splendid one to beholdmsgtg is a splendid one to beholdmsgtg is a splendid one to behold
Dave, we wuz sorry to hear that you had to stay home and finish your chores....we wuz really hoping you'd bring the Dirt Devil out and play....we could have had SO MUCH FUN!

Next year Pal....next year!!!

Joe

We live in the Land Of The Free...BECAUSE of the Brave! My humble thanks to all Veterans, past and present
Old 08-12-2008, 11:37 AM
Elder User

Paul T is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Joe you got to get them to put West Virginia on the banner.
1988 F150 4x4 Short Bed 300-6
Old 08-12-2008, 11:45 AM
Post Fiend

Yup, I've already hit George with that one....that particular banner was made up prior to the change being made so it's just not up to date...yet!

Next year you gotta drag the TT to Carlisle! It was my first time I've been to the All Truck Nationals...but it isn't going to be the last!

Joe

Old 08-13-2008, 09:07 PM
New User

stroker rus is starting off with a positive reputation.
Click the image to open in full size.

Hey Diesel Guy
With an attitude like yours Me and my buddy here are glad you moved too.
Apparently you belong down there with the rest of those yahoos!

stroker-rus
Old 08-13-2008, 09:07 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-Atlantic Region > West Virginia Chapter