6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis

Whats the status of the banks products

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 10:36 PM
powerstrokin03
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whats the status of the banks products

Hasn't been talked about in a while so i was jsut curious if any release dates have been confirmed.

Old 08-07-2008, 05:09 AM
SouthTexasDiesel
Elder User
Banks does not have much to show for the 6.4. They want to be emission compliant, which means there is very little they can offer for the truck that will not effect the performance and longevity of the DPF. They're offer a DPF back exhaust system that is basically the stock system minus the "fake" muffler. They also offer an intake system equipped with a K&N filter, which is a big no no for diesels.

If you want power go with SCT or Spartan. Then from there the sky's the limit.

Old 08-07-2008, 09:15 AM
66stang351
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The key thing I want out of Banks is the rumored air to air with new piping. Have you ever looked at the pipe that goes past the radiator on the passenger side of your truck? Its pinched pretty bad.

Old 08-07-2008, 09:46 AM
B-52
Freshman User
I thought Banks said in a few threads ago that come Dec they would have an "Off-Road" DPF delete kit out. Is that still true??

Old 08-07-2008, 10:19 AM
jbarker_bankspower
Junior User
Originally Posted by SouthTexasDiesel
Banks does not have much to show for the 6.4. They want to be emission compliant, which means there is very little they can offer for the truck that will not effect the performance and longevity of the DPF. They're offer a DPF back exhaust system that is basically the stock system minus the "fake" muffler. They also offer an intake system equipped with a K&N filter, which is a big no no for diesels.

If you want power go with SCT or Spartan. Then from there the sky's the limit.

Actually right now we offer single and dual exhaust systems as well as a dual tip single and a quad tip dual exhaust. It's also much more the just a "stock system with no muffler". It actually incorporates our new cooling system that lowers the tip temp under the stock system (and far lower than any other exhaust system out there) while improving the exhaust flow in the replaced area by 73%. As for the air box it most certainly IS NOT a K&N filter. It's a new filter we make in house and is double the thickness of a K&N (K&N only has 4 layers and ours has 8) and it filters slightly better then stock filter can while improving air delivery. The air box and filter has 31% better flow then stock and is fully compatible with the factory sensors so it won't throw any CEL's. Our new Six Gun tuners will be ready in a few weeks and will make and aditional 118hp over stock, will be change on the fly (no reprogramming needed to change power setings) and will work on the max power settings and will be fully compatible with the factory DPF.

Old 08-07-2008, 10:30 AM
jbarker_bankspower
Junior User
Originally Posted by 66stang351
The key thing I want out of Banks is the rumored air to air with new piping. Have you ever looked at the pipe that goes past the radiator on the passenger side of your truck? Its pinched pretty bad.
We are working on a CAC system that should be ready in a few months. The biggest thing is getting the castings made for the end tanks and rearanging the boost tubes. I'll keep you posted on it's development.

Old 08-07-2008, 10:30 AM
jbarker_bankspower
Junior User
Originally Posted by B-52
I thought Banks said in a few threads ago that come Dec they would have an "Off-Road" DPF delete kit out. Is that still true??

That would be our BankSpeed tuning system. The target date is still the end of the year on that product line but I'll keep you posted.

Old 08-07-2008, 12:31 PM
The_Juice
Junior User
[quote=SouthTexasDiesel;6425865]They also offer an intake system equipped with a K&N filter, which is a big no no for diesels.quote]

Why would a K&N type filter be a no no?

Old 08-07-2008, 12:33 PM
powerstrokin03
Freshman User
Originally Posted by jbarker_bankspower
Actually right now we offer single and dual exhaust systems as well as a dual tip single and a quad tip dual exhaust. It's also much more the just a "stock system with no muffler". It actually incorporates our new cooling system that lowers the tip temp under the stock system (and far lower than any other exhaust system out there) while improving the exhaust flow in the replaced area by 73%. As for the air box it most certainly IS NOT a K&N filter. It's a new filter we make in house and is double the thickness of a K&N (K&N only has 4 layers and ours has 8) and it filters slightly better then stock filter can while improving air delivery. The air box and filter has 31% better flow then stock and is fully compatible with the factory sensors so it won't throw any CEL's. Our new Six Gun tuners will be ready in a few weeks and will make and aditional 118hp over stock, will be change on the fly (no reprogramming needed to change power setings) and will work on the max power settings and will be fully compatible with the factory DPF.

What is the efficiency of this product? More soot than stock or less? Any MPG improvement?

Old 08-07-2008, 12:38 PM
jbarker_bankspower
Junior User
[quote=The_Juice;6427004]
Originally Posted by SouthTexasDiesel
They also offer an intake system equipped with a K&N filter, which is a big no no for diesels.quote]

Why would a K&N type filter be a no no?
The K&N filter is a 4 layer cotton gauze filter that uses oil to trap the small particles of dust (I know, duh). On a N/A application these work fine, flow well, and can be used nearly forever. The main problem is that the media (cotton) isn't thick enough to trap small particles of dirt when it's used with a forced induction application (like our turbo charged diesels). When this filter type is subjected to high vacume the filtration rating drops from over 99% down to around 93% (not good). By comparison our 8 layer filter, under the same conditions, has a filtration rating of 99.46% (using the ISO 5011 test).

Old 08-07-2008, 12:42 PM
The_Juice
Junior User
Thanks, can u pm me a price on the intake? I have an 08 f350.

Old 08-07-2008, 12:44 PM
jbarker_bankspower
Junior User
Originally Posted by powerstrokin03
What is the efficiency of this product? More soot than stock or less? Any MPG improvement?
I assume you mean the tuner? All of our tuning systems for all late model trucks equipped with a DPF will produce less soot then stock even at the higher power settings. We're able to verify this by actually taking samples of the exhaust before the DPF and measure the size and denisity of the soot particles. They will not affect the DPF in any way allowing the DPF system to last well over 100,000 miles.

Old 08-07-2008, 12:45 PM
powerstrokin03
Freshman User
As far as MPG?

Old 08-07-2008, 12:49 PM
jbarker_bankspower
Junior User
Originally Posted by powerstrokin03
As far as MPG?

There is an MPG improvment but as the final testing hasn't been completed yet I don't know how much. I'll post up our final numbers when the system is released from our engineering department.

Old 08-07-2008, 12:54 PM
powerstrokin03
Freshman User
Will the 6 gun offer any different transmission shifting strategy?

Quick Reply: Whats the status of the banks products