N. California Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Nighteyez

Bronco Parts?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2008, 11:14 AM
Campbell 56
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Bronco Parts?

So my son now has the disease we all have, an 89 full size Bronco. And guess what... he needs some parts to replace a few bent things! Would anyone have a passenger side front swing arm and axle shaft that they would like to sell? The swing arm is bent a bit and rubbing on the shaft. Makes a great bell-like sound going down the road. Also, the axle locks seem like they're in backwards, the axle is free when they show it should be locked. I was thinking some previous owner swapped the hubs or something. So we're probably going to replace all the bushings and ball joints while we're replacing the swing arm and axle shaft.

Old 07-22-2008, 09:28 AM
Campbell 56
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Update

The boy did some research of his own and found out that the old or cheap lift kits didn't take into account the geometry change in the suspension and as the bushings and all wear out they allow the passenger side axle shaft to run up against the swing arm. The best fix is to install a new lift kit to eliminate the problem. I guess he will have to wait until he gets a job and some money of his own to fix it. I get to learn how to let him figure it out and do it cuz I have a tendancy to want to fix it all for him. Results in him not learning things and me getting pissed off for spending my time and money on his stuff instead of mine.