Texas Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: LibTimothy

How is it possible to run your vehicle on water?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 10:40 PM
rsagetx1
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question How is it possible to run your vehicle on water?

Have any of you guys seen these adds on the internet saying you can run your vehicle on water? My wife found this site and wants to do it. She's researching it but seems convinced that it's the real thing.

This one site claims that their conversion guide will show you how to use electricity from your car's battery to separate water into a gas known as HHO. HHO, also known as Hydroxy burns effectively and supplies significant energy, whilst the end product is just Water. HHO has the atomic power of Hydrogen and maintains the stability of Water.
Run Your Car On Water | Convert Your Car To Use Water As Fuel | Hydrogen Fuel Car

I'm asking if anyone has heard of this or tried it? It sounds too good to be true to me. Appreciate any feedback, thanks!
[***************]How Is It Possible To Run Your Car On Water?[/COLOR]

Old 07-21-2008, 10:34 AM
jdbanks
Elder User
It's not. A quick google search should yield you all the information you need. Here's one link.

Run your car on water? - it's a scam!

Old 07-21-2008, 11:18 AM
maverick1701
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ya...that sounds kinda shady

Old 07-21-2008, 12:24 PM
rsagetx1
New User
Just what I wanted to hear really. Needed someone else to back me up. Told my wife that we're not using my Ford truck as a guinea pig. Yea, my wife said she checked the Internet and found some where scams but thought this one was the real deal. I haven't checked Google myself. Thanks for the info.

Old 07-22-2008, 10:46 AM
Flushie65
Freshman User
I'm sorry, but I was always told that having water where your fuel should be was BAD!! Thats the way its always been, and the way it always will be. Internal combustion engines have been around for a loooooooong time and I think if you could run your vehicle on water, someone would have figured it out a long time ago. This goes right up there with the carb that gives you triple the fuel mileage. If that really existed, the oil companies would do anything possible to shoot it down.

Old 07-22-2008, 11:01 AM
maverick1701
Posting Guru
If you believe that scam I have some great ocean-front property in arizona I am trying to sell.....anyone interested?

Flushie: I agree w/ya on that one, if it was possible chances are it would have been invented by now. Also I like your avatar picture...SA produces some of the finest firearms in the USA

Old 07-22-2008, 02:50 PM
joshc_guitar
Senior User
Ok water CANNOT separate into anything but 2 parts hyrogen and 1 part oxygen hence H20. Yes hydrogen burns at a very efficient rate as can be witnessed by the Hindenburg footage, but the reaction of the atoms separting and be compared to a atom bomb thats why we cannot create water. It is a scam. There are cars that will, in the future, run on water but they don't even have conventional engines.

Old 07-26-2008, 07:49 PM
sjoe
New User
Well, there used to be a car that ran on water -- the Stanley Steamer. Unfortunately, it needed kerosine to heat the water. :-)

Old 07-26-2008, 09:38 PM
joshc_guitar
Senior User
Originally Posted by sjoe
Well, there used to be a car that ran on water -- the Stanley Steamer. Unfortunately, it needed kerosine to heat the water. :-)

HAHA good point.

Old 07-28-2008, 01:10 PM
dfishrmn88
Senior User
My understanding is these systems don't run on water alone. The H part is mixed with gas to burn more efficiently. I haven't tried but know people that have and they swear by it. Wonder how the new mixture would react with the Gryphon. Need to know that before I would try it.

Old 07-28-2008, 02:49 PM
joshc_guitar
Senior User
Who knows. Hydogen is just extremely unstable. Its not safe in a conventional internal combustion engine. You wouldn't get any better gas mileage anyways because the truck is still going to put the same amount of gas into the engine.

Old 07-28-2008, 05:55 PM
JAFO1
Senior User
I saw it on youtube, must be true!

Old 08-21-2008, 08:24 AM
jimbeard
New User
The old Vought Corsair had a water injection system to give short bursts of extra power to out run Zeros. And more than one pilot used it to save his life. One pilot managed to stay just out of range by using it a LOT after his bird had been shot up. After he landed the mechanics junked the engine.
Jim

Old 08-23-2008, 05:58 PM
ckrichard
Elder User
The Corsair did have water injection on the planes. When used it did two things. First, it cooled the engine and the turbocharger, thus allowing it to be run much harder without over heating. Also remember those engines were air cooled. Second when you convert water to steam it expands much more than if you had taken air and raised it to the same temperature. This causes higher pressure inside the cylinder on the power stroke.

While the addition of water would normally reduce the power output because it displaces air and fuel. But if you can run the engine harder, then you can overcome the power loss. Thus giving you more power.

Chris