1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

Trans rebuilt, still not right

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 08:01 AM
KiotiLee
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trans rebuilt, still not right

Just had the trans rebuilt, upgraded internal parts. Left shop and OD light starting flashing as soon as I left the parking lot. Took it back and got code for RSS being out. Replaced RSS, trans worked fine for several miles until crossing railroad tracks then same thing happened. Kept the truck for a couple of days and it was an intermittent problem. Sometimes trans worked good other times OD light flashing. Took it back to trans shop and same RSS code. Trans guy said RSS, connector, and wire is okay. Said wire runs to speedometer and then to engine management computer and could be a problem there. Also said may be issue in rear where RSS gets reading. Does this sound correct? Any ideas?

Old 07-02-2008, 08:02 AM
Talyn
Hotshot
Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts
if bumps are causing it and its intermittent, i would say electrical all the way.
Unless you are having pressure problems.

Are you sure that the fluid is to proper level?

Old 07-02-2008, 08:07 AM
KiotiLee
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fluid level is good, not sure if the bump is the issue. Doesn't always happen when hitting bumps. Trans guy said the wire usually goes bad in the shock area from rubbing but mine is in good condition there.

Old 07-02-2008, 09:44 AM
tjbeggs
Post Fiend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The wiring need to be tested with an ohm meter if it hasn't already. Chances are it will look fine but it will have a broken wire there some where