Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150 SVT Ford F150 Lightning, Roush, Saleen and other performance F150's

Another Headlight Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 03:24 PM
bamafordguy97
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another Headlight Question

Ok, I may be in the wrong thread for this but its worth a try. I have a 1997 Ford F150. Ext Cab.. 4x4. The reason im here is because I bought some of the headlights that came off of a lightning and installed them on my truck. A few days ago I noticed there is water getting into my cases. Would there be anyway to maybe take them apart and clean them?
Thanks
Brandon

Old 05-24-2008, 03:43 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by bamafordguy97
Ok, I may be in the wrong thread for this but its worth a try. I have a 1997 Ford F150. Ext Cab.. 4x4. The reason im here is because I bought some of the headlights that came off of a lightning and installed them on my truck. A few days ago I noticed there is water getting into my cases. Would there be anyway to maybe take them apart and clean them?
Thanks
Brandon
Some guys have baked them to make the glue soft enough to pry the lens cover from the back housing.

They do so because they want to tint their headlights by spraying tint on the inside of the lens cover.

They only problem I've read about is either baking them too long or at too high a temp, thereby ruining them. The only complaint I've read about is re-gluing the lens cover back onto the housing.

Stewart

PS - Sorry, I have no clue what temps the guys have found to work best.

Old 05-27-2008, 08:56 AM
TexasGuy001
Hotshot
Received 205 Likes on 165 Posts
Just remove the bulbs and let it dry out, then use clear silicone and run a bead of it around the seam between the lense and the housing. I would think that would take care of it. If that doesn't work, I would just buy new lights.