6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis

Edge Programmer???

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 12:06 AM
JCHH
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bonerfortuna are you talking about a DPF delete pipe? I guess I should have specified but really I was talking about a DPF back system. I'd like to keep the emissions equipment unless someone figures out the Low Sulfur Diesel conversion.

Really if you think about it, the exhaust pipe size is going to be the same up until the DPF; Is it really going to make difference if you add a 4" or 5" system from the DPF to the end of the tail pipe????? The back pressure is pretty much already set by then....

As for the intake systems, I heard the AFE dry filter system was throwing codes and white smoke, I haven't really heard too much about the others. Although I did hear that the S&B was supposed to be pretty good.

Old 06-02-2008, 05:57 AM
bonerfortuna
Junior User
JCHH , yes I was referring to a DPF pipe removal with regen delete. Not in the cards from the Edge people.

Old 06-02-2008, 08:57 AM
JCHH
Freshman User
Originally Posted by bonerfortuna
JCHH , yes I was referring to a DPF pipe removal with regen delete. Not in the cards from the Edge people.
Again, my fault I should have been more specific. I know that Edge doesn't offer anything other that electronics.
What I was wanting to know is if anyone is using aftermarket DPF back exhaust & intake or just running stock intake and exhaust with the Edge/Juice or EVO.

Old 06-02-2008, 09:41 AM
B-52
Freshman User
jhess when you put the SCT you said once you set the tire size you can't change it?? What do mean yo can't change it back to stock, can't change the tire sized again? What can't you change I am thinking about one of these systems?? I like the Edge because of the nice monitor and you can change on the fly however I know the DPF delete is the way to go. I hate to buy two different ones?? Can you combo them?

Thanks for the help!!!

Old 06-02-2008, 05:42 PM
jhess
Freshman User
edge juice

B-52
Yes, they can be “stacked” I think that is what your calling combo (two electric performance enhancers) The SCT version 1.20 will let you set the tire size once for each performance level, stock goes back to before you put the unit on the truck. But, going back to stock with out replacing the DPF will Cause you truck to go into a never ending regen.
I also noticed that the SCT didn’t change the Speedo it sets the SCT unit. I hope some of this helps

Old 06-02-2008, 06:52 PM
B-52
Freshman User
Got it thanks for the clarification!!!

Old 06-03-2008, 04:37 AM
iridesand06
Freshman User
Finally back from my trip! Towing a heavy 32ft toyhauler with full freshwater tank (100 gal) and half cord of fire wood in the bed I got 9.0 MPG hand calculated and 9.1 on lie-o-meter with the Edge on level 2 on the first 800 miles of the trip. That includes a 15-20 mile mountain pass at 6% grade. On the way back the truck and trailer were much lighter (no water in holding tanks and no firewood) and I got 9.6 MPG hand calculated and that included 300 miles of driving against a strong headwind. I am happy with the mileage considering I have 35'' tires. The truck felt like a freight train when climbing even a 6% grade, I was gaining speed all the way up the hill. I notice the best mpg gains from the Edge unloaded though. I run it on level 4 with the low end responsiveness setting on lowest and City mpg is now 14-15 highway is 17-20 depending on how fast you drive. I am still pleased with this product.

Old 06-03-2008, 06:34 AM
bonerfortuna
Junior User
Thanks iridesand06, can you refresh my memory as to what you were getting on average before the Edge?

Old 06-03-2008, 09:03 AM
iridesand06
Freshman User
Originally Posted by bonerfortuna
Thanks iridesand06, can you refresh my memory as to what you were getting on average before the Edge?
Before the Edge I got 7 mpg towing similar trailer over shorter distances and I was getting 10-12 around town.

Old 06-04-2008, 10:00 AM
JCHH
Freshman User
iridesand - Are you running stock intake and exhaust? -thanks

Old 06-04-2008, 10:08 AM
JCHH
Freshman User
One more question; How often did you regen while towing & running the Edge?

Old 06-09-2008, 06:44 AM
iridesand06
Freshman User
Originally Posted by JCHH
One more question; How often did you regen while towing & running the Edge?
I am running stock intake and exhaust. I just got an AFE cold air intake for it but have not put it in yet. With Edge on level 2 while towing, truck seemed to regen about once every 100-150 miles. Regens seemed short though, maybe 10-15 minutes at most at highway speeds. Also noticed that Regens almost always happened when fuel gauge got to 1/4 tank or just under. Seems like PCM has some logic that ensures regen starts before fuel level gets too low to complete. The bad thing about that is the last quarter tank of fuel goes pretty fast in regen... Also noticed that when trip computer miles to empty get to 0 the pcm limits engine output and sets a code but no check engine light. Truck feels like you are running out of fuel by surging but I was still able to maintain 55 for a mile or so and pull off to fuel station.

Old 10-20-2008, 12:50 AM
Raul B
Senior User
Originally Posted by iridesand06
I am running stock intake and exhaust. I just got an AFE cold air intake for it but have not put it in yet. With Edge on level 2 while towing, truck seemed to regen about once every 100-150 miles. Regens seemed short though, maybe 10-15 minutes at most at highway speeds. Also noticed that Regens almost always happened when fuel gauge got to 1/4 tank or just under. Seems like PCM has some logic that ensures regen starts before fuel level gets too low to complete. The bad thing about that is the last quarter tank of fuel goes pretty fast in regen... Also noticed that when trip computer miles to empty get to 0 the pcm limits engine output and sets a code but no check engine light. Truck feels like you are running out of fuel by surging but I was still able to maintain 55 for a mile or so and pull off to fuel station.
just a lil info but more than likely you will throw a code with the AFE.... i have not seen 1 guy have the AFE that has not thrown a code with the DPF on....

-Raul

Old 10-20-2008, 12:23 PM
Hollywood2005
Senior User
the techs cant tell anything from what I hear as long as your truck is turned back to stock. My truck was just hooked so I asked them, they told me that they could tell the PCM was accessed recently and other than that it looked normal. THey also said that most of what tehy see they dont really know what it means so if something goes wrong and they have to send in your sheets FoMoCo could most likely tell, what I don't know maybe just the number of times its been accessed ??

Be careful with the edge, it does increase power and economy but DOES NOT do anything to your tranny for the extra power

Old 10-20-2008, 06:15 PM
powerstrokin03
Freshman User
I have an Edge Juice sitting in a box if anyone wants to try it. ill let it go cheap. PM ME

Quick Reply: Edge Programmer???