New Mexico Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

INTRO's

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 09:28 AM
dyrtbyrd
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Born in NM grew up in Magdalena served 4.5 years in the Marines(snuck in 1/2 year on me) have lived in Oregon, Wyoming and Arizona and found my way back here in Albuquerque since about 99 or so.
I have been doing construction and am currently eligible to get my GB-98(General Contractor) license studying for that now....
I have a 93 IDI that is out of comission right now and due to the lack of work no $$ to start work on it to get him back on the road, hopin to find some local help - recommended shops etc.

Old 04-30-2008, 09:54 AM
RDJ184
Postmaster
Originally Posted by dyrtbyrd
Born in NM grew up in Magdalena served 4.5 years in the Marines(snuck in 1/2 year on me) have lived in Oregon, Wyoming and Arizona and found my way back here in Albuquerque since about 99 or so.
I have been doing construction and am currently eligible to get my GB-98(General Contractor) license studying for that now....
I have a 93 IDI that is out of comission right now and due to the lack of work no $$ to start work on it to get him back on the road, hopin to find some local help - recommended shops etc.
welcome to the chapter this a great place for advice tips and all the good stuff its also a great place for a laugh feel free to post your opinions and ideas in our chapter

Old 04-30-2008, 05:42 PM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
Received 3,841 Likes on 1,840 Posts
Originally Posted by powrstrkr
I graduated from NMTech in Socorro and work at Sandia Labs in communications. !
I'm also a graduate from NM Tech......twice

Bobby

Old 05-01-2008, 07:31 AM
powrstrkr
Fleet Mechanic
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
[quote=bobbytnm;6102515]
Originally Posted by powrstrkr
I graduated from NMTech in Socorro and work at Sandia Labs in communications. !/quote]

I'm also a graduate from NM Tech......twice

Bobby
Yeah? Glutton for punishment are ya? What are your degrees? Mine is Environmental Engineering - 1998.

Old 05-01-2008, 08:45 AM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
Cool, we were there at the same time.

I graduated in 99 twice. I kinda got screwed over by a gal at the burea of mines who wouldn't accept my senior thesis so I ended up changing my major at the laslt minute so I could graduate. I graduated in spring of 99 with a Bachelors in Basic Sciences then went back for the fall semester to finish up my original degree. I graduated in December 99 with a Bachelors in Geology.

I'm not sure how it all worked out but now I'm a safety guy

Bobby

Old 05-01-2008, 10:54 AM
RDJ184
Postmaster
Hey guys we are 16 members strong keep passing on the word

Old 05-05-2008, 02:41 AM
RubberDuck
Logistics Pro

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts
Just saw the new chapter. FINALLY! I grew up in Moriarty. Loved it, never wanted to leave. But couldn't make money and or get out of my rut of doing bad things so I had to leave. I was born in TX, but moved to ALB. when I was like 5. Then moved to Moriarty when I was in 2nd grade. Graduated from Moriarty HS in 93. Went off to college in Levelland TX at South Plains. Then back to Moriarty for a short stent of being a loser. Then moved back to Austin, TX and started my career in Semiconductors. And dabbling in Diesel Performance.

But make no mistake, I love NM and it will be in my blood till the day I die. And I finally get to go back to Ruidoso for a family reunion in June. I can't wait.

My favorite memory of NM.........Cruzing main st. Moriarty on a Saturday night, pounding 4 15's with a couple grand of power feeling like I was on top of the world. God I miss cruzing.

Old 05-05-2008, 09:12 AM
BChance
Elder User
Intro..well.. Born in Phoenix, moved to Dallas when I was 2 or so, moved to Los Alamos in November, 1971.. graduated up here twice..once with a GED once with the gold seal on the diploma. Military turned me down because of the damage I did to my back while in diesel school at TVI, Alb.. Lived in Arizona (way southern, Tubac, Tumacacori and Rio Rico) a couple of times, Rio Rancho for a couple years..but always back to Los Alamos.. Now I work in Facility Operations at the lab, no plans to go anywhere until I retire..

Old 05-05-2008, 09:15 AM
BChance
Elder User
My favorite memory of NM.........Cruzing main st. Moriarty on a Saturday night

Who from Alb remembers Eubank on a Saturday night? That park by the Sonic? Good times...

Old 05-05-2008, 11:31 AM
micklskot
Junior User
Smile Intros

Hi Folks,

I'm in Las Cruces and have been in New Mexico for about two years now. I like the state a lot and the people here are friendly. I'm an IT guy by trade. I've got a 71 F100 Sport Custom with a recently rebuilt 351W and tranny. It's in pretty good shape, but I believe the bed has a little rust in the back. Overall, I need a good paint job and replace the front windshield and the truck would look pretty good.

Even with the gas prices, it would be hard for me to sell it.

Old 05-05-2008, 11:39 AM
RDJ184
Postmaster
Originally Posted by BChance
My favorite memory of NM.........Cruzing main st. Moriarty on a Saturday night

Who from Alb remembers Eubank on a Saturday night? That park by the Sonic? Good times...
oh!!! i remember many good times at sonic

Originally Posted by micklskot
Hi Folks,

I'm in Las Cruces and have been in New Mexico for about two years now. I like the state a lot and the people here are friendly. I'm an IT guy by trade. I've got a 71 F100 Sport Custom with a recently rebuilt 351W and tranny. It's in pretty good shape, but I believe the bed has a little rust in the back. Overall, I need a good paint job and replace the front windshield and the truck would look pretty good.

Even with the gas prices, it would be hard for me to sell it.
why would you want to sell it and welcome to the NM chapter

Old 05-06-2008, 11:48 AM
micklskot
Junior User
Intros

Thanks for the welcome.

I wouldn't sell it. I just wish I had the experience, time, and more money to improve it. Maybe in time, I'll have more resources to make it better. At least the engine and tranny are good to go for a while.

Old 05-06-2008, 01:07 PM
Gorilla1
Senior User
Howdy from Alamogordo!

Grew up in Connecticut, Air Force brought me to Holloman AFB in '83 and back again in
'01 Retired in '05 and have been in school in Cruces for about ayear and a half trying to get some learnin in Building Construction Technology. Will be done with that this week but the school felt sorry for me and hired me on so I'll be hanging out for a while.

Absolutely love New Mexico and have no plans of moving away. Glad to see the Chapter up and running! Not sure I'll make the first G2G but will try for the next. Truck won't make it. Danged motor is about to come loose on me but cheaper to replace it than the whole truck. Plus it's actually a pretty sweat old girl for an '86.
Stay in touch!

Rich

Old 05-06-2008, 01:10 PM
RDJ184
Postmaster
Hey Rich from Alamogordo there is no date as of yet drop some dates for the g2g were flexible

Old 05-06-2008, 01:21 PM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
Originally Posted by BChance

I spent alot of time on Eubank in the late 70's early 80's. I can't tell you how many miles I put on the old car going between South Eubank and Eastdale. Stopping at Sonic and even Princess Jeanne.

Bobby

Quick Reply: INTRO's