Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   New Mexico Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum208/)
-   -   INTRO's (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/735957-intros.html)

RDJ184 04-26-2008 07:40 PM

INTRO's

Hey... I will start I am a firefighter with Santa fe co.... I have a small saw shop on the side..... I live in Edgewood... dont miss ALBQ at all..... I like fire, mud, snow, women, fast trucks and (cars)...look forward to the first g2g and look forward to seeing this chapter grow:-drink

DAFBFD58 04-27-2008 12:28 PM

Is that it no one else???? Want to see if you get any one from Alamogordo or the base. Spent 5 years down there. I loved it. If I had the chance and things were right I would move back in a heart beat!!!

bobbytnm 04-28-2008 08:36 AM

I live over in Rio Rancho, pretty much grew up in Albuquerque.
My current project is a 1949 Ford F1 with Cadillac power. The truck is pretty much a morphodite with parts on it ranging from the 40's up through the 2000's and from all the major manufacturers. I'm currently in the process of building the MegaSquirt computer and changing the truck over to port fuel injection.

Bobby

rbloodhound 04-28-2008 09:48 AM

I'll jump in here. I am from Louisiana. Work in the oil field in west Texas. Almost in New Mexico Probably 10 min away. I am spreading the word about the New Mexico chapter. I have a few people that work for me from New Mexico. I am trying to get them to join Fte And the new mexico chapter.

I have a 51 F1 all original that I cant wait to start a resto on. If there are any good places to wheel in South West New Mexico I may be interested.

kens64 04-28-2008 10:21 AM

Im from Rio Rancho, but have lived all over New Mexico.

I have a 1964 F100 with a 292 V8 that Im working on turbocharging/intercooling and mabye some fuel injection. IFS up front and hopefully it will be sitting pretty low when Im done. My DD is a Ford Contour with a fully modified suspension and stiffened chassis.

helifixer 04-28-2008 10:56 AM

well I am an honorary member of the New Mexico chapter, I have never live in NM but my wife was born on Socorro, her father was stationed on the white sands missle range.
Helicopter mechanic for PHI Airmedical we have bases in Santa Fe, Albq. Grants and starting one in Socorro
Bart

rjent 04-28-2008 11:22 AM

Hi guys!

I am down in Truth or Consequences. Been here about 29 years now. Born in Las Cruces, and grew up on a cattle ranch and apple orchard near Lake Valley (Hillsboro) New Mexico. I was a professional mechanic from the mid/late sixties up until about 1983. I changed professions into Information Technology and now own and run a small national ISP. I have always had Fords, but love all Detriot iron. My car passion, other than my PU's is mid year (C2) and Generation three (C3) Corvettes. I own two Stingrays a coupe and a convertible. As my sig shows I have a coupe of "Classics" (I vividly remember when they were new :-X04) Pickups. My 77 will be rolling soon.

Nice to have a NM group. Albuquerque is a bit far for me, but doable periodically.

When you said the Owl Cafe, I was hoping you were talking about the one in San Antionio ..... :-jammin

Anyway:-blah looking forward to meeting you all! :-X22

bobbytnm 04-28-2008 11:51 AM

Ryan,
I go to Alamogordo about once a month, I was just there last week.

Robert,
Down in the oil patch huh? cool, I used to work the SE part of the state and spent alot of time in that area; Hobbs, Lovington, Carlsbad, and all the little spots in between. Not sure about "wheelin" around that area, probably some great spots along the caprock. Over in the SW part of the state they do some crazy wheelin. Las Cruces has the annual Chili Challenge (you missed it for this year, I think it was early April)

Ken,
Sounds like a cool project!

rjent,
I pass through TorC every couple of weeks (in fact I'll be rolling through this afternoon) I work all over the SW part of the state and spend alot of time down in Cruces. I typically stop at the Butte on my way home to play with my jetski. I too was a professional mechanic for awhile (83-96). I started about the time you were getting out of it. Now I get to keep my hands clean...LOL (except for my stuff)

Bobby

reeves_mck 04-29-2008 11:00 AM

im here to alamogordo NM

RDJ184 04-29-2008 01:48 PM

WE are doing good lets keep them coming tell all your ford owning friends:-X25:-drink

powrstrkr 04-29-2008 02:37 PM

I've been in Rio Rancho 16 years. VA before that. I graduated from NMTech in Socorro and work at Sandia Labs in communications. I drive the junk listed below. Looking forward to a M&G one of these days!

sealboy84 04-29-2008 06:54 PM

I've been in Santa Fe for about 15 yearsI moved here after I got out of the Navy. I just bought my first Ford Truck, a '99 F250 extra cab 4x4. I have fallen in love with my power stroke.

I am an avid paintballer, and try to play at least every other Sunday. I am looking forward to talking to a bunch of you guys and gals.

rjent, I have a '75 Stingray sitting in my carport waiting on me to put a new engine in it.

rjent 04-29-2008 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by sealboy84 (Post 6098734)
I've been in Santa Fe for about 15 yearsI moved here after I got out of the Navy. I just bought my first Ford Truck, a '99 F250 extra cab 4x4. I have fallen in love with my power stroke.

I am an avid paintballer, and try to play at least every other Sunday. I am looking forward to talking to a bunch of you guys and gals.

rjent, I have a '75 Stingray sitting in my carport waiting on me to put a new engine in it.

Very cool! :-X0A6

If you need any help with the Stingray let me know. Lots of neat stuff available for the old "sharks" now! }>

I used to paintball every weekend! I am getting a little old now. Depends on what kind of paintball(in') you do! :D

I still have a manual feed gas fed gun around somewhere still. Just shows you how long it's been for me! :-X05

kens64 04-29-2008 09:07 PM

Same here. Used to paintball every weekend. Still have all my equipment, but its so old and outdated now.

Fun times.

RDJ184 04-29-2008 09:25 PM

HEY guys i am so glad to see this wake up... I just want to say welcome to NM chapter this is going to be fun