Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Its time..how much could I ask for my F350?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 01:49 PM
FordF350Baby
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its time..how much could I ask for my F350?

I finally, after 3 months finished my frame and suspension restoration on the 95 beast. I got the 35 inch tires on etc and to be honest, I friggen hate it, ALOT. I put over $8,000 into alone just in this last 3 months, and 3 months of disgustingly hard labor...after all my hard work, and finally getting the "35 inch" tires on the truck, I cannot begin to explain to you how bad I hate it...I am not being a baby, but all this truck does is ask for more and more money. Its been a long 3 years from the bottom of restoration since pulling it out of a junk yard. I literally have replaced everything, and I am still not happy. What really pissed me off is how much power the 35 inch tires robbed from my truck. I am not changing gears. Its time to move on and stop spending money on this truck, and start putting money towards a more practical truck that has more room for people, I often feel selfish because my daily driver cannot let anymore than one person in it at a time. Here are the pictures... I was thinking atleast $12,000. It is worth every penny to me, it has everything done to it, new springs, bushings, new cam, waterpump, radiator, radiator support, headlights, roof lights, windshield, rear glass, head liner, tint, new bumpers, tires, wheels, brakes, gas tanks, fuel pumps, ball joints, drag link, pitman arm, pinions, yokes, ubolts..the list goes on and on, let alone the countless amount of hours I have put into this thing keeping it clean and fresh looking. Its got long tube headers, CAI, full brand new exhaust. I know a lot of you would die to have this truck, and I see the absolute beauty in it, but in for my time in life this vehicle cannot serve a purpose for me anymore. What do you guys think, how much can I ask for this. Kelly blue book is like $6500 in excellant shape, so I figured this is def a collectors item, and could be worth much much more. But be honest, I wont be offended.

PictureTrail: Online Photo Sharing, Social Network, Image Hosting, Online Photo Albums
PictureTrail: Online Photo Sharing, Social Network, Image Hosting, Online Photo Albums

Old 06-16-2009, 01:58 PM
70torino429
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i can deffinately tell youve put alot of work into it, and the finished product looks very good. the issue with things like this typically is, youll never be able to get money back that you spend modifying or restoring a vehicle, its just tough. Its possible you could get 12 grand for it, but im not saying its likely. Can always post it up for sale and see what people offer you, you can always say no, and at least youll know what kind of money people are realistically willing to give for it. Right now, may not be the best time to try to sell something, but theres still buyers out there.

Where you located anyways?

Old 06-16-2009, 01:58 PM
70torino429
Posting Guru
i can deffinately tell youve put alot of work into it, and the finished product looks very good. the issue with things like this typically is, youll never be able to get money back that you spend modifying or restoring a vehicle, its just tough. Its possible you could get 12 grand for it, but im not saying its likely. Can always post it up for sale and see what people offer you, you can always say no, and at least youll know what kind of money people are realistically willing to give for it. Right now, may not be the best time to try to sell something, but theres still buyers out there.

Where you located anyways?

Old 06-16-2009, 02:21 PM
FordF350Baby
Posting Guru
thank you. I live in Maine. I guess I realllyyy hate the black rims and the small rim with the big tire side wall. I think maybe a 18-20 inch rim in chrome would look much cleaner, and modern. I feel like Joe Dirt driving around now, it use to be pretty

Old 06-16-2009, 02:29 PM
MrRogers
Senior User
i think its beautiful. How dare you call it a joe dirt vehicleIf I had the money i'd buy it. I'd pay you exactly what you want for it. Maybe try to get ya down a little But I'm the exception. Most fellas won't pay that much for it probably. But you could get a decent amount out of it. How many miles on the motor?

Old 06-16-2009, 02:56 PM
Roger T. Pipe
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Dude that is an awesome job you've done on that truck! Wait a few weeks, take a few deep breaths and trust me you'll come back to it. Sometimes I get discouraged with my (many) projects-trick is to walk away for a bit then come back another day. You'll see. This would be a truck that, if you did get rid of it, you'd regret for many years to come. Just my .02
Roger

Old 06-16-2009, 03:05 PM
BAD351W
Senior User
Id say you should be able to get between 8 and 10 grand no problem for that truck.

Old 06-16-2009, 03:11 PM
nnero
Elder User
Thats one of the nicest looking trucks I've ever seen. I love black trucks with black rims. IMO bigger rims would ruin the look of the truck. Its not an Escalade, its a F-350 and that fact alone puts you worlds apart from the trash on the road today. And to be honest, you had to know from the very beginning this was not a practical daily driver. I understand your frustration with this project. I have followed your posts from the very beginning and wish I could do to my truck what you did to yours. You went through hell and the end result was different than you had in mind. But you still have a f**cking awesome truck. Like the previous poster said think about it for a bit. You never want to make a decision like that when you are pissed cause you will regret it. I dont want to hear any talk of selling for at least 2 weeks Just give it some time.

Old 06-16-2009, 03:23 PM
Diesel_Brad
Fleet Owner
Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by Roger T. Pipe
Dude that is an awesome job you've done on that truck! Wait a few weeks, take a few deep breaths and trust me you'll come back to it. Sometimes I get discouraged with my (many) projects-trick is to walk away for a bit then come back another day. You'll see. This would be a truck that, if you did get rid of it, you'd regret for many years to come. Just my .02
Roger
What he said.

But really if you want to get rid of it? I wouldnt count on anything over 8K. Not sayin its not worth it, but how many people are looking for a BBF and one out of the snow belt on top of it. Just my .02

Old 06-16-2009, 03:46 PM
FordF350Baby
Posting Guru
Yeah, you guys are awsum. I think what prob threw me the most was the loss of power. I am goober, and enjoyed going "fasT", so i was surprised how slow it became. It really needs bigger gears, it only has 3.55. And then to top it off, I think I just got down on it because most ppl I know have new vehicles and I feel dumb for putting all my eggs in one basket with an older truck sometimes. I thought the truck use to have sort of a "performance" look to it before, and now its more mean and mud truck looking, which I wasnt prepared for. I dont now if a chrome rim would loook cleaner and give it better contrast or not. Thanks for bearing with my dumb vent session I think ur right on the 2 week walk about thing. lol

Old 06-16-2009, 03:55 PM
70torino429
Posting Guru
throw in some 4.10 or 4.56 gears in it and i bet shell come back to life. my friend had a f250 with a 351, 35s and 4.56 gears, and he could still light the tires up at a stop light.

Old 06-16-2009, 05:15 PM
1966Tbird
Posting Guru
you'll need 4.56 gears if i was around where you lived i would do the swap for cheap gears will REALLY wake up the truck more than you will ever know, why did you get those tires? they don't look agressive at all

Old 06-16-2009, 05:58 PM
Diesel_Brad
Fleet Owner
Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts
I still have 3:55 and 35's on my 460 powered truck, but i guess since i have the zf5 the power loss was not as noticable. I rarely can use OD though. Put a Vortech on that thing, that will wake it up!!!

I right there with ya on black wheels

Old 06-16-2009, 06:51 PM
1994 F250: 351, C6
Posting Guru
That is a beautiful truck. I agree with you on the part about getting some chrome wheels, but keep the 16" wheels. Trucks tires are supposed to have a lot of sidewall. I would probably also get a set of stock headlight and tailliight assemblies. The contrast added by getting rid of the clear corners and the black taillights would help on a truck with so much black.

That being said, your truck still kicks ***, getting rid of it would be stupid. Get some 4.56s and your power will be back. As for the problem of the truck not being practical as a daily driver, save some money and buy yourself a car or other truck that meets you daily driver needs and use your truck as something other than a daily driver. Besides, given the way I hear they salt the roads over there, I wouldn't want to drive anything I liked in that crap anyway. I feel your regular cab pain, when I restore and build up my '94, I'm going to get something that I don't care about as much to drive most of them time and when I need more passenger space.

So many car/truck guys have the story of that one rig they wish they would have never gotten rid of, and it haunts them for years. Don't let yourself become one of those guys, keep that truck!

Old 06-16-2009, 08:42 PM
FordF350Baby
Posting Guru
Your guys input is amazing. It really helps to get some insite. I agree, the tailights have got to go, and maybe the headlights too. I think I will get some chrome rims again, I wish I had never powder coated my old rims black. I chose that tire because I wanted it to ride smooth while still having the ability to be an Off road tire. I think fender flares would help, and obviously the rear gears for now, and the fronts maybe a month or two later. Thank again guys, the support means a lot

Quick Reply: Its time..how much could I ask for my F350?