N. California Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Nighteyez

Opinion - Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 04:02 AM
Mecinoid
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Opinion - Wheels

Hey guys which wheels / tire combo do you like better. I think these Jeep wheels will fit on my truck. I kind of like them. Plus then I'd just upgrade my Jeep wheels and tires I think:

Now:

Jeep:

Yes, it is chopped... the wheels and tires are roughly the same size.

Old 04-01-2008, 10:38 AM
fastmover
Posting Guru
I am old fashioned and prefer the old set of wheels on your truck AJ. In my opinion, the new modern styles work well on new vehicles because they fit in better with the theme of the design of the vehicle.

Maybe that is why I think the new cars like the Chrysler 300M look better with 20" Dubs than a 1974 Ford Galaxy (which I regret I saw last week) that has them.

The important thing is that you get what you want for your truck. I think my Dad is threatening to write me out of the will because I alternated the color of the lug nuts on my truck red-black-red. When he made a comment about them, I said, "It isn't your truck, is it?" (See my gallery for pics, the new FTE won't let me get the links page.)

That is my $.02 for what it is worth. Remember, this is coming from a guy who still shoots photos on film... black and white film... and does his own developing and printing. I am Mr. Analog.

PS- Great job photoshopping in the new wheels.

Old 04-01-2008, 12:39 PM
AnOldDog
Elder User
I agree with Karl. The wheels you have on there now look better to my old eyes than the spoked version.

Maybe the color is throwing me. They don't look like they are chrome. To me they look like they are painted white in the picture and it clashes with the nice shiny chrome trim on the truck.

Old 04-01-2008, 02:20 PM
3Mike6
Postmaster
I'll third the motion-kinda-

I like the wheels you have now, and if the centers were gold anodized, it'd look great with the trucks paint.

Old 04-01-2008, 03:06 PM
sierraben
Post Fiend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I fourth that motion; I like the wheels with the little holes around it.

The spoked version kind of reminds me of the old sixties style American Torque Thrust mags,
which look better on the older style vehicles.

BTW Mecinoid, nice truck.

Old 04-01-2008, 03:50 PM
AnOldDog
Elder User
You went red-black-red on your lug nuts? You are officially written out of my will! Ok, you were never in my will, but now you never will be.

Old 04-01-2008, 04:53 PM
Mecinoid
Elder User
Thanks for your input guys. The Jeep wheels are painted silver with polished lip. The Truck wheels are chromed but one is rusted. I'll just replace that one and use the rusted one as a spare. They do look awesome when they are all polished up.

Best I save my money for engine rebuild and paint and other things. I too am swaying toward classic look and chrome this truck shows off so well.

Appreciate the input guys. - AJ

BTW-That one of my worst chops. I'll show you the Z cars on Lombard without powerlines some day. That was a photochop and a half. Three hours on that one.
That's another day as I have to bug out now. Thx

Old 04-01-2008, 05:41 PM
fastmover
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by AnOldDog
You went red-black-red on your lug nuts? You are officially written out of my will! Ok, you were never in my will, but now you never will be.
Since I still can't insert photos from my gallery, here is a link to the photo of the offending alternating lug nuts.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/user_gal...165323&width=0

I like those old wheels AJ. The round holes repeat the pattern of the circular headlights.

Old 04-01-2008, 07:26 PM
Mecinoid
Elder User
Karl - That's kind of different. But, clean. Better than old rusted nuts imo. Now if you painted the black one blue. It would have been red, white and blue. Very patriotic.

Old 04-01-2008, 10:11 PM
gusso
Elder User
I fifth the motion. they look like Centerlines. My all time favorite for our older trucks.
But a mans gotta do what a mans gotta do. I really like the style of your truck.

Gary

Old 04-01-2008, 10:24 PM
AnOldDog
Elder User
Originally Posted by Mecinoid
I'll just replace that one and use the rusted one as a spare. They do look awesome when they are all polished up.
Good choice.

Side note: How much would it cost to re-chrome a wheel?

Old 04-01-2008, 11:11 PM
Mecinoid
Elder User
You can have Stocton Wheel rechrome a wheel for about $90. I can buy a new one for about $60-70. Later, I might step up to Outlaw II's or Polished bealocks with 8 holes. They are only about $250 a wheel from ProComp. That can be the finishing touches after I get back to work.