2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New truck destroyed by dealership

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 09:01 AM
F0rdzTuff
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh my GOD, the Japs are coming!!! The Japs are coming!!! Johnny, get your gun!! We'll set up next to Mr. Potter's barn and wait for the rest of the fella's...

Ok, sorry, but that shiite was funny.

Old 04-01-2008, 11:58 AM
Futura427
Senior User
WE got WAYYYY off subject here. Sorry to insult anyone BUT i like/own/drive American vehicles. Have always drove them. To each their own. IFFF the one fellow LIKES/DRIVES a TUNDRA....then i ask...WHY in the WORLD are you a member of the Ford Truck website???? End of this baloney. I just HOPE the fellow with the damaged truck gets it taken care of quickly!! Joe

Old 04-01-2008, 12:01 PM
buckandahalf
New User
Originally Posted by Futura427
"...I used to work at a Mitsubishi factory..." "...Remember Pearl Harbor...huh?????..." "...Faithful FORD driver for over 35 years now! Joe"

Begrudgingly apply for and accept a job at Mitsubishi, and then, Drive a Ford to your job in silent protest of the Japanese for their bombing Pearl Harbor. You 'da man Joe, YOU 'DA MAN!

BTW my "other" truck is a '00 Tacoma (8 problem free years and still going strong) - Yeah, I go both ways... I guess I'm just kinky like that. B1/2.

Old 04-01-2008, 12:13 PM
Futura427
Senior User
Fella i HAD to work there. ONLY good paying job that WAS around here. Had an ex-wife...had to pay my children AND keep HEALTH INSURANCE on them!!! Get the picture? I worked as a FORD mechanic at a dealership 17 years before going to Mitts for the $$!! Then MITTS FLUSHED 1400 of us down the tubes in 2004. Right after i bought my truck. NOW...i need a truck...HOW could i have bought a Mitts...even if i wanted to? Also the Tundra was still a smaller lighter truck in 2004! Ohhhh by the way......75% of the workers drove NON foreign make vehicles...does THAT tell you anything?? Just because you build something for a JOB...does NOT mean you have to own one now does it? Any more questions?

Old 04-01-2008, 12:23 PM
DOHCmarauder
Postmaster
WE got WAYYYY off subject here. Sorry to insult anyone BUT i like/own/drive American vehicles. Have always drove them. To each their own.
Dude, you have insulted no one (well, maybe the "Jap" parts could have offended some)

But you are very evasive. Our beloved Ford deals with the Japanese; do you not see that???

If you truly despise the Japanese as you claim, how can you have respect for Ford???

IFFF the one fellow LIKES/DRIVES a TUNDRA....then i ask...WHY in the WORLD are you a member of the Ford Truck website????

Did you miss the part where I CURRENTLY have 5 Ford vehicles???

Additionally, between a couple user names, I've been here for around 8 years.....long before ever becoming a Tundra owner.

End of this baloney. I just HOPE the fellow with the damaged truck gets it taken care of quickly!! Joe

Yes, on this we can agree............I hope the OP gets his truck back the way it's supposed to be.

Old 04-01-2008, 12:48 PM
buckandahalf
New User
I will let it go (I don't want to, but I will) and not further hijack the post. Better days with the new truck OP - B1/2

'06 F150 Screw 4x4 Lariat 6.5 Blk/Blk 20"OEM's

Old 04-06-2008, 10:12 AM
mecnic
New User
Matrix you are in south jersey I would give Kimmel & silverman a call the are the best lemon law lawyers in the country. We give the dealers to much leeway to screw with us! The fact that they screwed up your truck and the problem was not fixed hell why should we be nice to them. NJ lemon law has a time cap for the amount of time your truck can be in the shop for any repair I am sure you did not buy a F150 truck so you could drive a rental focus

Old 08-03-2008, 07:33 PM
bodabdan
Fleet Mechanic
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Matrix660-
I'm sorry to hear that you are having that kind of service. I have had to take a Ford dealer to court before a long time ago. I wish it had not come to that, but it did. I hope you will have a better outcome.
Did the dealer make everything right yet? It's definitely in their best interest to do so. I would really like to believe that the dealer in question would not approve of the way that your truck was treated. Mechanics don't just roll into work and goof off all day, there is a lot of investment that a good mechanic has to put forth to do his job, and I think that if you ask any good mechanic, they like to work in a clean environment and do good work. They would not approve of the way your truck was treated if it was theirs.
Is there any explanation as to what the dealer did the second time, and how the second time differed from the first?
Like some others have said here, stay the course and run it up the chain until you get your satisfaction. Good luck with it.

Old 08-03-2008, 08:38 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I'll tell you guys what!! I'll NEVER EVER buy a dang (polite spelling) JAPANESE vehicle. Assembled over here or not. I used to work at a Mitsubishi factory and have seen wayyy too much bull crap!! Most all mechanical parts are shipped by BOAT across the ocean!! Alot of body panels are stamped in the USA for the JAPANESE vehicles...BUT the engines/trans...etc are all imported. Most of the profit still goes to homeland Japan! Remember Pearl Harbor...huh????? Screw a Tundra! Just MY opinion...which i AM entitled to! Faithful FORD driver for over 35 years now! Joe
Actually since its a publicly traded company the profit goes to the shareholders which means it goes to people all over the world. Since a great many American's have 401Ks, index funds and retirement accounts it means they get a slice of it. Same goes with Ford, people from all over the world get the profit.

I've heard assembly plant horror stories about Ford too, plus I have a cousin who manages one of the largest bearing plants in the USA. He tells me that when people from the Japanese companies visit they are interested in detailed information, specifications, toleranances, visiting the production and asking many questions, etc. When American company people visit they are interested in golf with a supplier, a nice dinner and meetings in the back offices about lowering costs.

Additionally, US automakers import a great many of their parts as well, and many of the parts from "domestic" suppliers are originally sourced from overseas.

Pearl Harbor? Where have you been the last 60 years? Japan is one of our strongest allies.

Read the book "The World Is Flat" for an eye opener. One can either complain about the global economy or take advantage of it.

Old 08-03-2008, 08:43 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Toyota is supposedly 75% American content...where did you hear that one??? Do you read Union papers...Toyota is going to TRY to get the people who work for them down south the take a huge wage cut!! Cut them down to LOCAL wage rates!! HMMMM after taking over the lead in sales...NOW they need more 4$$ by cutting wages???? WTF?? I smell a ZERO circling over head! And YES i HATE the annoying sound of a loud ricer!! Give me a V8 anytime. Sorry to pi$$ you off...but!! Joe
If you haven't noticed all the automakers are seeing huge decreases in sales. I don't know if you've ever run a company, but when profits are down its not unusual for wage and expense cuts to take place. Would you rather lose a percentage of your wages or lose your job completely? Ford and GM will be seeing massive layoffs in the coming months if they don't cut expenses, but unfortunately archaic unions will stand in the way of that.

Old 08-03-2008, 08:48 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Fella i HAD to work there. ONLY good paying job that WAS around here. Had an ex-wife...had to pay my children AND keep HEALTH INSURANCE on them!!! Get the picture? I worked as a FORD mechanic at a dealership 17 years before going to Mitts for the $$!!
Are you saying is you compromised your principles for money? Please elaborate....

Old 08-03-2008, 11:00 PM
jllang2
Senior User
I'll tell you guys what!! I'll NEVER EVER buy a dang (polite spelling) JAPANESE vehicle. Assembled over here or not. I used to work at a Mitsubishi factory and have seen wayyy too much bull crap!! Most all mechanical parts are shipped by BOAT across the ocean!! Alot of body panels are stamped in the USA for the JAPANESE vehicles...BUT the engines/trans...etc are all imported. Most of the profit still goes to homeland Japan! Remember Pearl Harbor...huh????? Screw a Tundra! Just MY opinion...which i AM entitled to! Faithful FORD driver for over 35 years now! Joe
heck yea, you tell em

Old 08-04-2008, 09:10 PM
matrix660
Freshman User
bodabdan, I had to cut my losses and deal with a few minor things like tiny stained areas that didn't clean up, a few extra minor scratches, broken clips here and there, and the overall satisfaction of owning a new truck flushed down the toilet. I just didn't have the time to go back and forth with them. Unfortunately, ford didn't help much. Maybe they couldn't do much, maybe they just didn't care. Since I have been using the AC this summer, I have realized that now the AC intermittently goes warm for a few seconds and then goes back to being cold. I'm thinking that they didn't recharge the AC refrigerant all the way when they were doing what ever they heck they were doing to my truck. The blend door still makes an occasional popping noise and sometimes only blows out of the dash vents when I select floor level. I'm going to be taking it to another dealer for service in the next few weeks so i'll have them look at it. I will never set foot on the dealership's lot that originally sold and did the damage to my truck. I'm just so tired of dealing with this truck. It's such a shame that a dealership caused these problems. I could understand manufacturing problems or if ford made POS trucks, but to know that a dealership created my problems just burns me up. They just took all of the fun out of owning this truck for me.

Old 08-05-2008, 03:32 PM
F'd up
New User
I just skimmed along through this one and unfortunately I can sympathize with matrix660 as I've been through the multiple trips to the same dealer to fix the damage from the previous trip which was to fix something from the last time it was there for service, for something they broke, etc, etc. And the bedliner install too! This in particular just outright pissed me off as well and was just the beginning of my problems! First I had to go to another dealer to pick one up because my local dealer didn't want to order the min. quantity since he had no space for them. So I drive 50kms to go pick it up and they offer to install it while I wait. Where else was I going to put it??? As I watch the tech through the door to the shop I see him scraping the pens and air pressure guages in his pocket along the side of my brand new black box while he's prying/tucking the liner under the rail with a huge screwdriver!!! I ran in and stopped him dead in his tracks before things got worse! WTF are you doing I asked. I showed him how easy it was to just lift the center and pop the liner under the rails as he watched not comprehending a thing. Then I took the CS manager to my truck and told him I wasn't taking it as is, they were going to have to fix the paint. No problem, he agreed, gave me a rental and told me to come back the next day. I call the next day, he says it's like new and they washed it for me out of courtesy. Great it was almost spotless when I brought it there! So I drive the 50kms out of my way to go get it and I can see they haven't washed it. Worse, it looks like the 'detailer' used sandpaper rather than polishing compounds on my box side. Basically they just ran the rotary buffer out in the dusty lot with a bit of polish on the pad and really f'd it up. Now, I'm really pissed. I exchange some unkind words and take it to the dealer I bought it from hoping to get some service. The CS manager there tells me he doesn't see anything the matter with it!!! Are you blind!!! So, I wait in the lot until I can see the salesman I bought it from and I'm sure to inform all the potential customers around why I'm there when they stop to ask what happened to my paint. Of course I got the 'leave it and we'll take care of it' BS, I do, I get it back and their detailer has evened it out for me. Yep, dragged some dirty buffer across almost every square inch of my new black paint. It matches but are you F'ing kidding me??? I tried to give it back as it was only days old but good luck there. It isn't nearly that easy to get out of the deal once you've taken ownership. I took it to the best detailer I could find and had him massage my paint for 2 days to get it back into shape. Then I took Ford the bill which they eventually paid after a whole lot of screaming in the showroom. Talk about a ****ty first week with Ford. By the way these weren't the Barrie dealer you mentioned but 2 others real close. They're all great until the second they've got your money. Sorry for the rant, felt good to get that out!

Also, almost all vehicles are designed and parts sourced from around the world. It's a global market. The location of the head office dictates what country we consider them to be from but it doesn't guarantee the vehicle content. OEMs get it done wherever it's cheapest at the time.

Old 08-05-2008, 07:44 PM
bridge
Sick 'n Tired
Received 45 Likes on 23 Posts
Regarding the whole US vs them thing. I ain't pickin' sides; however, I think perhaps you guys should get together and go have the discussion at your local VFW. If the greatest generation can forgive and forget, then, that pretty much settles it.

To the OP...anything new to report? Did the dealer fix everything as promised?