2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Truck is on Short Notice

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 11:04 AM
SUPERDUTY_untouchabl
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On my 04 the air bag switch is right above the center floor hump in the middle of the dash. Its hidden pretty good so you may have to put your head down there just to see it.

Old 03-23-2008, 04:31 AM
Tylus
MMNC (SS)(Ret)

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by 99Trigger3_0
...Maybe its time to invest in a couple of replacement DVD playing headrests too.
Just a suggestion... .....Congrats!
got some already...spent $150 at Target and got a Dual DVD setup

Now that everyone has mentioned it, I have seen that little Airbag light on the dash...never gave it much thought though

Old 03-23-2008, 04:48 AM
anaheim_drew
Senior User
Originally Posted by tylus
got some already...spent $150 at Target and got a Dual DVD setup
Why did you buy something that is not going to help your sanity ??

Old 03-23-2008, 08:44 AM
felixr
Elder User
I promise you this will work. We had an 05 supercrew and had two chairs on either side and could easily fit a skinny adult in the middle comfortably.

Now, for three seats its gonna be a little bit of a pain. But since its never really gonna move from there it wont be a big deal. I would suggest getting a booster seat that still has the harness system. You can put the seatbelt behind the seat to hold it in and then just strap her in. If you have the booster that uses the seatbelt to strap her in through the front then it will be a pain everytime you strap her in cause you will have to search for the belt clip everytime and with three chairs that can cause some bloody knuckles i imagine lol

there arent many booster seats with harnesses though. There is one made by Britax (expensive but much less than a new SUV) that is specifically a booster with a harness system and there is the one we got when we wanted a booster with a harness for our 4 yr old (at the time--5 now and just had to get him out of it cause he got too tall) which is made by Cosco. It is very inexpensive. I think it was like 35 bucks at the time.

Anyway, remember that if you buy a booster with a harness you have to get one that has at least two or three slots for the shoulder straps to go through cause you will need to adjust them over time as she grows older. You might want to take her with you to the display in the store and have her sit in some and see how far away her shoulders are from the top slot. if you have a good two or three inches you are golden! Grab it and save $45K

good luck and sorry for the long *** post

Old 03-23-2008, 09:46 AM
osbornk
Postmaster
Originally Posted by duste
[ how do you turn off the front airbag? I know the 97-03 models had that little key switch, but the 04+ don't
The 04 and up turn the Pass side bag on and off automatically, there are weight sensors in the seat , and they don't arm the airbag till a certain weight is exceeded.
You could always cap the 150 and bolt down a couple rows of bus seats in the back, cool in the winter but that'll tuffen them up a bit. [/QUOTE]

The 04+ standard cabs have the switch to turn off the airbag (the weight cutoff also works). I think the lack of a back seat is what determines whether or not there is a switch.

Old 03-24-2008, 04:20 AM
Tylus
MMNC (SS)(Ret)

Originally Posted by anaheim_drew
Why did you buy something that is not going to help your sanity ??
huh? we slap some Barbie, My Little Pony, or Scooby Doo in there and she is happy as can be. well, other than the whole red/green light questions every time we drive in traffic

or how come the truck isn't going "superfast" like the car does...my daughter digs burnouts

Originally Posted by osbornk
The 04+ standard cabs have the switch to turn off the airbag (the weight cutoff also works). I think the lack of a back seat is what determines whether or not there is a switch.
good point...I've never seen the inside of a reg cab

Old 03-24-2008, 04:24 AM
Tylus
MMNC (SS)(Ret)

oh yeah, an update on the Expy situation.

the dealers out here must be smoking some really good ganja. I found a nice 07 XLT Expy with 14k miles...they only want $35k firm for it....it's basically a motor in a box option wise. a new Expy with the same options as my truck is almost $50k.

on the other and, I found a 06 Tahoe with 40k miles for under $25k...and it's the SLT...I'm holding out for a Z71 Tahoe if I end up going with Chevy though...and I'll just keep the truck.

Old 03-24-2008, 05:31 AM
anaheim_drew
Senior User
huh? we slap some Barbie, My Little Pony, or Scooby Doo in there and she is happy as can be. well, other than the whole red/green light questions every time we drive in traffic

or how come the truck isn't going "superfast" like the car does...my daughter digs burnouts
If you already had the dvd players cool but to buy them now to quiet the twins would be pointless...
What you need is the following
1.Double 3in1 stroller from graco with carrier base system
2 Twins have to ride rear facing for a while
3. System has 2 bases that remain in the truck and held in place using the latch system
4. Carriers go from house, to stroller, to truck all with baby in it. No staps or anything to mess with since it clips in the stroller and the base...
No comment on the superfast statement

Old 03-24-2008, 06:40 AM
Tylus
MMNC (SS)(Ret)

we already had the whole DVD setup. I've actually got 2. 1 for each vehicle.

Yep, we're going with the Graco car seat system with these kids also. those things are awesome. they virtually eliminate the entire hassle of car seats

the wife and I are still debating the stroller setup though. side by side vs. in line

Old 04-05-2008, 03:47 AM
Tylus
MMNC (SS)(Ret)

I Saved The Truck

Well, after looking around and shaking lots of slimy hands at dealerships, I found my trucks Savior.

At noon today I bought a 2005 Dodge Durango Limited AWD with the "HEMI". Yeah, I know, I sold out. But I couldn't pass up a fully loaded SUV with 3rd row seating and 40k miles for $20k.

I'll get some pics up tomarrow with the Ford and Dodge together. I find it quite ironic.

Have a good night.

btw, the Hemi is amazing in the power department. I cannot believe the giddy-up and go. Nail the gas and it takes off like a monkey with scalded *****.

Shame I lost my Mustang GT though.

Old 04-05-2008, 01:02 PM
osbornk
Postmaster
Well, after looking around and shaking lots of slimy hands at dealerships, I found my trucks Savior.

At noon today I bought a 2005 Dodge Durango Limited AWD with the "HEMI". Yeah, I know, I sold out. But I couldn't pass up a fully loaded SUV with 3rd row seating and 40k miles for $20k.

I'll get some pics up tomarrow with the Ford and Dodge together. I find it quite ironic.

Have a good night.

btw, the Hemi is amazing in the power department. I cannot believe the giddy-up and go. Nail the gas and it takes off like a monkey with scalded *****.

Shame I lost my Mustang GT though.
I suspect you might quickly find out why it was a "bargain". It might be a little thirsty.

Old 04-06-2008, 04:38 AM
Tylus
MMNC (SS)(Ret)

actually, in 1 day I ran through 1 tank of gas...had to get out and test her out

with mostly city driving I got 15 mpg. the bargain I got was because it's a Dodge. Nothing wrong with it...just they have a stigmata. But hey, that stigmata got me a great vehicle for CHEAP

another thing I've noticed is the quality. the Dodge is not as "Nice" as my truck, but their top of the line stuff is pretty good. The Durango Limited I bought is almost comparable to my FX4 Lux

just like Ford, the cheaper the vehicle (XL or SXT), the cheaper it looks/feels. we've all seen the difference between a XL and a Lariat/KR. Dodge is exactly the same.

Once I've had the Durango for a month or so, I'll probably post a comparison between the 5.4 and the 5.7

Ford is always my 1st choice, but I'm okay with most stuff if it's American

pics for anyone who cares for a looksie

Last edited by Tylus; 04-06-2008 at 04:41 AM. Reason: forgot to add pics
Old 04-06-2008, 04:57 AM
Fosters
Fleet Mechanic
you could do it hilbilly style. put the couch in the bed and give them each a phone book to hold

congrats on the twins