1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

New to Forum and New 56 to Restore

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 09:53 PM
CIAF
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A hearty welcome to you. Post as many pics as you can as yo go along. Ask away for anything you need to know, as somebody will have any answer or idea.
Jon

Old 03-18-2008, 11:05 PM
Dr.BlueOval
New User
OK, Pics up and you will see that i would love to go out and drive but um....
Its a work in progress and as soon as the rain leaves houston i will hoepfully (with the help from my wife) move it out this weekend and clean and go through all the stuff in the so called "bed" and see what is good and not and get better pics. The pics on here now were taken the night i brought it home, so some pics are dark.

Old 03-19-2008, 09:55 AM
WALFORD'S 56
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey Doc--I see what you mean now!! I would invest in some patch panels from ''reamer''-on this site. I would also retrack my statement and tear it down and sandblast every bit of that 56. Prepare to invest in some epoxy or ecapsulating type paints and a mig welder. I think you should also look up some needed parts,etc in our swap meet section on the header above our questions.
I see now why you cannot drive it 1st....or at least use flintstone power---yabba-daabbba--doooo------ask away--we are smart-asses,but love them 56s......Bill

Old 03-19-2008, 10:17 AM
rockher_man
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking What's up Doc...

Welcome..congradulations on the '56...this board rocks!

Lotz of knowlege and information to be had...feel free to ask a bunch of questions and bounce ideas around...we all do...

BUT...be carefull of the DARKSIDE ...there are always lurking...

HEY...I just noticed sumthin'...I'm finally a Senior User!!! Woo-Hoo!

Old 03-19-2008, 10:38 AM
homade
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Don't let anyone cause you to go one way or the other, do it the way that you want to do it, well maybe the wife has a say but stay true to your own ideals and have fun doing it. Congrats on the new project.

Old 03-19-2008, 11:20 AM
sparky
Posting Guru
Ok ok so you can't drive it.....have you thought about towing it around while sitting on the custom seat...just to get a feel for the truck
Looks like a great start to a hopefully fun project....... hear that listen closely...."Come to the Darkside young one"..........

Old 03-19-2008, 01:08 PM
bigwin56f100
Lead Driver
Received 843 Likes on 478 Posts
Ok its all in fun here so nobody get mad at me!

Years ago I introduced a word to fellow FTE'ers and here it is again, COOTIE-BOB The defination for cootie-bob is in a nut shell, the DARK side. There are ALOT of COOTIE-BOBBERS here. Dont be one of them! Stay with us stockers.......I have cookies too!

Kevin Bigwin

Old 03-19-2008, 02:05 PM
CIAF
Posting Guru
Doc, that truck seems nice and solid to me compared to what I started with. With excection to the roof, I don't see anything that bad or out of the ordinary. Looks like it will be a very good stocker since you have a drivetrain to build. I would only recommend hot rodding and darksiding when working only with a cab and sheetmetal or when trying to save money. Resto's are fun, challenging,more time consuming,cost more, but very rewarding at the end. I love both especially with pics along the way. A host of good wishes to you.
Jon

Old 03-19-2008, 03:17 PM
Herbiehusker
Senior User
Welcome. Do with you truck whatever you want to. The key here is that we all appreciate old trucks and enjoy working on them. Have fun!!!

Shane

Old 03-19-2008, 03:25 PM
Walston
Cargo Master

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
Welcome, great assistance here, all the ribbing is free. The stock cookies don't have chocolate chips.............but they are still good.

Old 03-19-2008, 03:28 PM
sparky
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by bigwin56f100
Ok its all in fun here so nobody get mad at me!

Years ago I introduced a word to fellow FTE'ers and here it is again, COOTIE-BOB The defination for cootie-bob is in a nut shell, the DARK side. There are ALOT of COOTIE-BOBBERS here. Dont be one of them! Stay with us stockers.......I have cookies too!

Kevin Bigwin
Hi my name is Sparky and I am an alcoh...... er......ah......I mean a Cootie-Bobber
LOLOLOLOLOL

Old 08-24-2010, 09:28 PM
Dakota7
New User
my 48 F1

Originally Posted by WALFORD'S 56
Why do a frame -off resto now? Why not drive it alittle and do some of the rust work and then in fall tear her down. I know -I know--I have not seen the truck,but sounds like a nice truck,just a little effort and you can drive it. If you tear it down,it may be awhile,and you will at least have some memories before all the parts are torn down..JMHO...........Bill
Just got it a little over A WEEK AGO , SOLD A 30 MODEL A , WANTED AN OLD TRUCK AND WIFE FELL IN LOVE WITH THIS ON. iTS ALL DONE EXCEPT FOR TINKERING SUCH AS INSTALLING NEW CLUTCH BUT THATS MORE FUN THAN WORK. BODY IS GOOD, PAINT IS GREAT. NEW TIRES AND A GOOD 302, STOCK TRANS AND REAR END. Sorry about the caps.Drove it to the mountains the day after we got it. Don't want a nother basket case, too old to work on it and then not enough time to enjoy it. Dakota7