1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

4" dual stacks or 4" MBRP exhuast?????

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 10:56 PM
fordtrck302
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4" dual stacks or 4" MBRP exhuast?????

Just a general quetion really about different types of exhuast. I have a 1995 f-350 4x4. Between the two, wich is actually better performance wise and fuel economy wise. Is there a difference even? I am wondering if the looks of the stacks alone are worth the extra $200, but in my mind i could justify it more if the stacks actually provided better flow. I would of course have a new 3" downpipe and a cat delete regardless of which exhaust i choose. Also looking into a DP tuner or tony wildman, or TS Performance chip to get some good HP gains, now would there be a better exhuast for add ons like this, and say down the road I choose to add better injectors, maybe an intercooler, and better turbo? Would any certain exhuast hold up better with all the added power. Thanks alot everyone

Old 03-17-2008, 06:42 AM
custom_nirvana
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stacks are great! I love my 6" duals. They are good if u like to go muddin, never have to worry about anything gettin up in ur exhaust, but as for which had better flow i have no idea.
Oh ya stacks sound better in my opinion than a regular exhaust.

Old 03-17-2008, 09:05 AM
tjbeggs
Post Fiend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Stacks provide no performance gains. Some say they actually are less because the engine has to push the gas up rather than just out. Also stacks have more tight bends than a tail pipe would. BUT that said I prefer stacks!! But if you gonna get stacks go bigger than 4"! Go 5" or 6"!

Old 03-17-2008, 10:15 AM
secondarychaos
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ya stacks just look cool too!
i personally am gonna save myself the $200 but if i were a rich man...