Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bring back the Excursion

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 11:46 PM
Auburn_in
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been looking at Excursions at the local dealerships. I'd definately buy another one. Hell, I wouldn't mind buying a Ford Centurion to match my Excursion

Old 10-16-2008, 12:24 AM
FordxFour
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cbradford
I just don't like buying someones problems, but you do what you have to do and I need what the EX has to offer
I was fortunate enough to buy my 05' from a close friend. I'm sure I could have found one for less money, but I know the history of this one and I know It was properly maintained and cared for. The 125,000 mile warranty was also transferred to me. I am very satisfied with my decision.

Old 08-10-2010, 11:44 PM
DFOXHOVEN
New User
Conversion of F350 to Excursion-like product???

Originally Posted by duck fan
So answer me this... Between my wife and I we have 7 kids (I have 4, she has 3). They are 15, 13, 11, 10, 9, 5, and 3. We tow either 2 or 3 horses almost every weekend in the summer, a ski boat, or a utility trailer with 15-20 bales of hay. Without the Ex, what is there for me? A 6.0L suburban, great so I can get 10 MPG pulling horses, thats why we sold the expedition to get the Excursion in the first place. We get 15.5 MPG WITH the three horses.
I have a large family as well... We have seven children and just got back from towing a camper (and taking the family to Telluride). On the way home I started thinking that I really wish Ford would do another production run of the Excursion. Then I started to wonder if there was any chance that any company out there does a conversion of an F350 truck to an Excursion like product. If I could buy an F350 crew cab with a full length bed, I would think it would be as long (if not longer) than the Excursion. Does anyone know of a company out there doing something like this? I've seen the limo version of the Excursion... Couldn't a company that does that do something like a conversion on the F350 just to make it a family friendly (plenty of row seating) plus some cargo room, etc.

One more question. For some reason, my blinkers don't always work. Sometimes when I turn on the blinker it just stays solid (full on). Has anyone ever had this happen and do you know what they did to fix it? I'm still under an extended warranty, but when I've taken it to Ford, they say that it appears to be working fine and don't do anything. Then later on, it doesn't work. It concerns me to have non-functioning signals.

Please email me if you have any ideas as I don't know if I'll be able to find this post again in order to review any replies.

Thanks for your help.

David

Old 08-11-2010, 03:03 AM
aortizexcursion
Posting Guru
Look here DFOX. This is exactly what you're looking for.

Click on the first link of the google search.
custom autos by tim - Google Search

Old 08-11-2010, 03:36 AM
Mark Kovalsky
Fleet Owner

Received 1,576 Likes on 1,054 Posts
Originally Posted by DFOXHOVEN
If I could buy an F350 crew cab with a full length bed, I would think it would be as long (if not longer) than the Excursion.
The Excursion had a 138" wheelbase. The crew cab long bed has a 172" wheelbase. It is 34" longer than an Excursion.

Old 08-11-2010, 11:26 PM
DFOXHOVEN
New User
Originally Posted by aortizexcursion

That is exactly it - great find. Thanks.

Old 08-12-2010, 09:04 AM
4X4X4RV
Senior User
One more question. For some reason, my blinkers don't always work. Sometimes when I turn on the blinker it just stays solid (full on). Has anyone ever had this happen and do you know what they did to fix it? I'm still under an extended warranty, but when I've taken it to Ford, they say that it appears to be working fine and don't do anything. Then later on, it doesn't work. It concerns me to have non-functioning signals.

Try replacing out Your flasher unit. If not it maybe a relay.

Old 08-13-2010, 09:43 AM
Splash67
Cargo Master
That is exactly it - great find. Thanks.
I found this a while back as well...his stuff is awesome...I need to win the lottery! I want a 2011 Excusion for my daily driver and a 6-door F350 Duelly for my tow vehicle...

Old 11-14-2010, 07:21 PM
Excursion's Awesome!
New User
New Excursion

Hey if a new version of the Excursion is what you want, here is what you do... Go to a dealership, buy yourself a 2011 F-250 or single wheel F-350. Take it to a customization shop, and tell them you want them to make you a new excursion. If you are that hell-bent on having another one, and are done with waiting and have the money, this plan is definetly for you!

Old 11-14-2010, 07:26 PM
Excursion's Awesome!
New User
@ DFOXHOVEN Yes there is. Custom Autos by tim. Search for exactly that, and then click where it says let us build one for you!

Last edited by Excursion's Awesome!; 11-14-2010 at 07:27 PM. Reason: Forgot something
Old 11-15-2010, 08:01 AM
59CRL
Senior User
Originally Posted by aortizexcursion

Man they look Badass!!!! If I had 50K just burning a hole in my pocket I would go for it!!

Old 11-15-2010, 06:38 PM
gr8scott72
Cargo Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 59CRL
Man they look Badass!!!! If I had 50K just burning a hole in my pocket I would go for it!!
You'll need more than $50k. Don't forget you have to give him a brand new truck to chop up too.

Old 11-16-2010, 09:42 AM
Forest
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for your help.

David
DFOX--had the same problem on mine. You can find some discussion. I think it is the "multi-function switch" (turn signal) and/or the wires leading up to it. They get "chafed" from tilting wheel, dusty roads, turning wheel, ?

Remove the plastic covers over steering column. Find 2 main cables that plug into multifunction switch. Check for chafing. Even if you don't find anything, use electrical tape to further insulate/protect these cables. I did this about 2 months ago and the problem has not recurred.

To remove shells over steering column, do a search here on subject. Not too hard, but you will need a small diameter straight tool (punch) to push off the ignition switch tumbler so lower part will come off.

Old 01-22-2011, 01:28 PM
willimammoth
New User
Originally Posted by duck fan
So answer me this... Between my wife and I we have 7 kids (I have 4, she has 3). They are 15, 13, 11, 10, 9, 5, and 3. We tow either 2 or 3 horses almost every weekend in the summer, a ski boat, or a utility trailer with 15-20 bales of hay. Without the Ex, what is there for me? A 6.0L suburban, great so I can get 10 MPG pulling horses, thats why we sold the expedition to get the Excursion in the first place. We get 15.5 MPG WITH the three horses.
I met a guy in Texas who has seven kids and he took two f350, Cut them up, and grafted together a truck with three rows of seats. He even put a cummins in it.

Old 01-22-2011, 03:29 PM
excursiondude
Senior User
They could bring them back and say screw the tree huggers The only problem for me is the $65k price it would most likely be and the Tax that President Joy Boy would put on it so he could Blow more money to fly around the world with his family and friends.