Ford vs The Competition Technical discussion and comparison ONLY. Trolls will not be tolerated.

Toyota to reduce Tundra and Sequoia output

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 09:05 PM
builtfordtough13
Laughing Gas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Toyota to reduce Tundra and Sequoia output

Just thought that I would post this for you all to read.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/toyota-t...ia-output.html

Old 03-15-2008, 11:02 PM
fordfreak66
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
good......i hate toyota. has anyone ever noticed that the only brand yota rags on in their commercials are fords. i guess u have to talk bad about your best competition and hope that some idiot believes you.

Old 03-15-2008, 11:56 PM
bf250
Post Fiend
good? yea, its good handing it to those american workers. shame on them!

the overall sales of light trucks are down i beleive, so its not just toyota.

Old 03-16-2008, 01:36 AM
ford2go
Cargo Master
Received 142 Likes on 87 Posts
No, it's not good news that American workers might lose out at these locations

But...

the yota profits still go back to Japan
maybe the UAW built trucks can compete
-- even against plants that probably got a subsidy from the state
the media might have been premature in handing the title to yota

just my .02

ford2go

Old 03-16-2008, 01:43 AM
bf250
Post Fiend
profits go back to japan? you have like a flow chart showing where the profits of that factory are going?

i can see just as well those factories in mexico that are gm and ford. but hey, who cares, the profits go back to america!

to bad it really does not work that way, life and economics would be much simpliar if it did.

Old 03-16-2008, 11:56 PM
i eat hybrids
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by fordfreak66
good......i hate toyota. has anyone ever noticed that the only brand yota rags on in their commercials are fords. i guess u have to talk bad about your best competition and hope that some idiot believes you.
They rip on ford because they no ford is the best sellin truck, so they are tryin to take ford down. We all kno it aint gonna happen.

Old 03-17-2008, 12:00 AM
bf250
Post Fiend
being they already took 2nd place from ford, it looks like toyota already did it.

Old 03-18-2008, 06:26 PM
hofuf
Elder User
Originally Posted by bf250
profits go back to japan? you have like a flow chart showing where the profits of that factory are going?

i can see just as well those factories in mexico that are gm and ford. but hey, who cares, the profits go back to america!

to bad it really does not work that way, life and economics would be much simpliar if it did.
Here's a link to their website. http://www.toyota.co.jp/en/ir/financial/high-light.html Notice it says "Profits" and it also indicates that they are a Japanese company. It also shows where 62.3% of their vehicles are made in Japan and 34% of them are bought in the U.S.

I should also note that the state of Texas gave Toyota over $130 million in tax abatements but that Toyota will pay $300 million in state sales tax and franchise over the next............................

25 years. Not a bad investment. Get $130 million immediately and pay back $300 million over 25 years.

Old 03-18-2008, 10:40 PM
rangerfan
Posting Guru
Atleast they aren't going to layoff any of their American workers with the slow down.

Old 03-24-2008, 06:42 PM
F250Wildman
Senior User
Toyota Dealer here in upstate SC is offering $9000.00 cash back on Tundras

Last edited by F250Wildman; 03-24-2008 at 06:43 PM. Reason: add material
Old 03-24-2008, 09:25 PM
bf250
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by hofuf
Here's a link to their website. http://www.toyota.co.jp/en/ir/financial/high-light.html Notice it says "Profits" and it also indicates that they are a Japanese company. It also shows where 62.3% of their vehicles are made in Japan and 34% of them are bought in the U.S.

I should also note that the state of Texas gave Toyota over $130 million in tax abatements but that Toyota will pay $300 million in state sales tax and franchise over the next............................

25 years. Not a bad investment. Get $130 million immediately and pay back $300 million over 25 years.
and? it still does not show anywhere that any profit made here in america goes to japan. the way they are expanding in america, looks like the profit is getting reinvested right back into us.

but since you are on the anti-foreign kick, i guess you wish for the world to stop purchasing our products as well?

so what if texas gave them a tax break, many states and local areas give all sorts of tax breaks to companies and why not, it brings jobs, a tax base, etc.. how much revenue you think texas is getting ultimatly getting?

or i guess you rather have people out of work or working at the high paying and great career place of mcdonalds and walmart.

before anyone starts jumping all over toyota, they should take a look at our own and ask why they are building outside the US and importing the product back into the US.

Old 03-24-2008, 09:36 PM
DOHCmarauder
Postmaster
and? it still does not show anywhere that any profit made here in america goes to japan. the way they are expanding in america, looks like the profit is getting reinvested right back into us.

but since you are on the anti-foreign kick, i guess you wish for the world to stop purchasing our products as well?

so what if texas gave them a tax break, many states and local areas give all sorts of tax breaks to companies and why not, it brings jobs, a tax base, etc.. how much revenue you think texas is getting ultimatly getting?

or i guess you rather have people out of work or working at the high paying and great career place of mcdonalds and walmart.

before anyone starts jumping all over toyota, they should take a look at our own and ask why they are building outside the US and importing the product back into the US.

But.....but.....but......oh, nevermind.

[great post, but logic seems to get thrown right out the window sometimes....]

Old 03-25-2008, 08:09 AM
hofuf
Elder User

You *** U Med an anti-foreign kick, I didn't state it. I stated FACT. You don't seem to understand the difference between profits and a capital investment. Profit DOES go to the company. What they do with the profit is their option but it goes home. In this case, Toyota used some of their profit to invest in a plant in Texas. That's basic economics.

I don't like giving tax breaks to anyone. I don't care if they are U.S. or foreign owned. If I have to pay property taxes, they should too.

Old 03-25-2008, 10:29 AM
osbornk
Postmaster
Originally Posted by hofuf
. Profit DOES go to the company. What they do with the profit is their option but it goes home.
No it doesn't. It goes to the stockholders. If you want to share in the profits, you need to buy stock in Toyota. I think it is a little over $106.00 per share today.

Old 03-25-2008, 10:57 AM
hofuf
Elder User
Originally Posted by osbornk
No it doesn't. It goes to the stockholders. If you want to share in the profits, you need to buy stock in Toyota. I think it is a little over $106.00 per share today.
Profit does not NECESSARILY go to the stockholder. I work for a company that made over $30 billion in profit last year and my stock price went down and I "lost" 7%. The ONLY way profit goes to the stockholder is if they pay a dividend and then you can still lose money if the loss in stock price is greater than the value of the dividend. The profit goes to the company and they decide what to do with it. They have the option of adding to their cash reserves, paying a dividend, buying back stock, or using it for capital investment.

Quick Reply: Toyota to reduce Tundra and Sequoia output