Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-Atlantic Region > West Virginia Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

West Virginia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Archion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-04-2008, 01:35 PM
Post Fiend

msgtg is a splendid one to beholdmsgtg is a splendid one to beholdmsgtg is a splendid one to beholdmsgtg is a splendid one to beholdmsgtg is a splendid one to beholdmsgtg is a splendid one to beholdmsgtg is a splendid one to beholdmsgtg is a splendid one to behold
Regional Meets

Hey Guys,

I need some input from youse guys. I'd like to start planning a couple of regional meets or get-to-gethers.

What I'm thinking is we need one in the North...around Bridgeport. If we can get enough interest, I don't have a problem with one in the Panhandle region.
I think one around Charleston....but do we include Parkersburg and Huntington in that one or do we have enough interest to do a seperate meet in all three places? Last but not least one over in my area somewhere....Beckley or Lewisburg or Princeton...it just depends on who wants to attend and what's closer to them.

I'm not asking for committment...at least not yet. We just need to start organizing into some regions so we can start meetin, greetin, and eatin!

I'm open to suggestions from any of our Chapter Members.

Remember, we need to think about a logo and to talk about Chapter leadership and how long we wanna leave the Chapter Lead in place.

Don't be shy...I need to hear from everybody! After all, it is OUR chapter!

Joe

We live in the Land Of The Free...BECAUSE of the Brave! My humble thanks to all Veterans, past and present
Old 03-04-2008, 03:06 PM
WV Chapter LDR

Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.
partsguymatt PartsGuyMatt mvose OVC Archion
If we are talking pretty regular meetings like my old car clubs, Bridgeport is about 3 hours from my house according to mapquest. I'm up in... well.. might as well say dang near MD, in the northeast corner of the state. Every couple of months for a weekend deal might be ok, but as a cc style meet and eat, probably not.
#22needsaface - Help serve those who served you.
Old 03-04-2008, 03:38 PM
Post Fiend

msgtg is a splendid one to beholdmsgtg is a splendid one to beholdmsgtg is a splendid one to beholdmsgtg is a splendid one to beholdmsgtg is a splendid one to beholdmsgtg is a splendid one to beholdmsgtg is a splendid one to beholdmsgtg is a splendid one to behold
Thanks Matt. That gives me some information that I hadn't even thought of.

Joe

We live in the Land Of The Free...BECAUSE of the Brave! My humble thanks to all Veterans, past and present
Old 03-04-2008, 09:00 PM
Elder User

gnwalker is starting off with a positive reputation.
I've said before I'm all for it
Old 03-04-2008, 09:01 PM
Post Fiend

Dave Sponaugle is a splendid one to beholdDave Sponaugle is a splendid one to beholdDave Sponaugle is a splendid one to beholdDave Sponaugle is a splendid one to beholdDave Sponaugle is a splendid one to beholdDave Sponaugle is a splendid one to beholdDave Sponaugle is a splendid one to behold
You know me, tell me when and where, if possible I will be there.

I would consider a run to Charleston as well.
O Charlie's has excellent steak dinners, around 25 dollars a plate though till you get the goodies.
Quaker Steak and Lube was another excellent meal and more automotive related.
And I know Hooters would love to see a parking lot full of Ford trucks unless they had something else scheduled.

Matt how far is Morgantown or Sabraton from you?
Would you run across 68 to get over that way from where you live?

"I dig dirt"

FTE Guidelines

FTE Moderator IDI diesel forum

WV Chapter Member
Old 03-04-2008, 09:36 PM
WV Chapter LDR

Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.
partsguymatt PartsGuyMatt mvose OVC Archion
I-70 to I-68, just like when I bypass the Pike on the way to IN and points west. Figure about 2.5 hrs to Morgantown/Sabraton/ I live at the last exit on I-81 N in WV, my house is a little over a mile from the Potomac at Williamsport MD. And let me tell you, there is nothing and I mean Nothing around here, unless you count my garage, "beverage " fridge, Big A$$ grill, hottub and plenty o parking...
#22needsaface - Help serve those who served you.
Old 03-05-2008, 08:40 AM
Post Fiend

Great input guys...we still have a few more to hear from though.

Joe

Old 03-06-2008, 10:19 PM
Post Fiend

Dave Sponaugle is a splendid one to beholdDave Sponaugle is a splendid one to beholdDave Sponaugle is a splendid one to beholdDave Sponaugle is a splendid one to beholdDave Sponaugle is a splendid one to beholdDave Sponaugle is a splendid one to beholdDave Sponaugle is a splendid one to behold
I had a friend that used to live right near there, his house ovelooked the Potomac River, you could almost see the house from the south bound I 81 Bridge.

Ever head of a guy named Carlton Temple?

"I dig dirt"

FTE Guidelines

WV Chapter Member
Old 03-08-2008, 09:18 AM
Postmaster

1975StroppeBaja is a splendid one to behold1975StroppeBaja is a splendid one to behold1975StroppeBaja is a splendid one to behold1975StroppeBaja is a splendid one to behold1975StroppeBaja is a splendid one to behold1975StroppeBaja is a splendid one to behold
Joe,

Depending on when it happens, I would have the best chance of making a meet in the Lewisburg area or maybe even Bridgeport.

[hijack] Dave, I saw a guy in Elkins last night wearing a jacket that said "Sponaugle Trucking" on it. Would that be affiliated with you by chance? Just curious.
[/hijack]

Click - My Super Duty Tech Articles
1975 Baja Bronco Project
1984 Ranger 4x4 R.I.P Nov 2007
Old 03-08-2008, 07:12 PM
Post Fiend

No, but he is family originally from Franklin.

Not sure, he may have drivers now so that might not have been any relation to me.

Did you guys get much snow up there, we have about 3/4" here in Nutter Fort right now.

"I dig dirt"

FTE Guidelines

WV Chapter Member
Old 03-08-2008, 07:32 PM
Postmaster

1975StroppeBaja is a splendid one to behold1975StroppeBaja is a splendid one to behold1975StroppeBaja is a splendid one to behold1975StroppeBaja is a splendid one to behold1975StroppeBaja is a splendid one to behold1975StroppeBaja is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Sponaugle
No, but he is family originally from Franklin.

Not sure, he may have drivers now so that might not have been any relation to me.

Did you guys get much snow up there, we have about 3/4" here in Nutter Fort right now.
That's cool... whoever he was, he was in the new AT&T store getting his cell phone changed over (AT&T just bought out Cellular One in Elkins). WOW, what a packed house that was, we were in there for two hours.

We might have that much snow out there right now... ground's white again and its 19deg out there.

Click - My Super Duty Tech Articles
1975 Baja Bronco Project
1984 Ranger 4x4 R.I.P Nov 2007
Old 03-08-2008, 07:41 PM
Post Fiend

Yeah, one of the guys I work with had Cell One.
Two kids, two parents, unlimited calling plan for the family.

AT&T wanted almost four times as much money to carry his plan over.
I think he may be switching to US Cellular.

That is who I have, three phones on the national plan runs me 150 a month.

"I dig dirt"

FTE Guidelines

WV Chapter Member
Old 03-09-2008, 11:33 AM
Senior User

Outlawwv is starting off with a positive reputation.
us cellular is by far the best - gotta renew my deal in a couple weeks
Old 03-29-2008, 01:25 PM
Freshman User

swickg331 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I'd be interested in something in the eastern panhandle. I'm near keyser directly between martinsburg and morgantown. Hopefully I'll have my truck back together by then. Putting in a carb'd 347
Old 03-29-2008, 09:03 PM
Post Fiend

I am still here, and still willing to meet somewhere.

As fuel prices continue to rise, the distance I would want to drive is getting shorter though.

"I dig dirt"

FTE Guidelines

WV Chapter Member
Old 03-29-2008, 09:03 PM