Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-12-2008, 11:08 PM
Post Fiend

bdrummonds has much to be proud ofbdrummonds has much to be proud ofbdrummonds has much to be proud ofbdrummonds has much to be proud ofbdrummonds has much to be proud ofbdrummonds has much to be proud ofbdrummonds has much to be proud ofbdrummonds has much to be proud ofbdrummonds has much to be proud ofbdrummonds has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by kupaa
what about the fass pump,is it worth the extra $$$$ or will the carter do the same for cheaper??
I assume you are asking about the HPFP (high pressure fuel pump) and not the FASS air removal system.

you can get a HPFP to run in conjuction with your stock fuel pump, or you can get one that has a higher volume and replace your current stock pump.
the good thing about the HPFP is it is rebuildable, and adjustable. Airdog also makes an upgraded pump only option.
PAA MEMBER # 7.3, 99.5 CC,4X4,SB, leveled,live tuned by Jody,1.15 van turbo w ATS housing,6.0 IC,AFE big boost filter, Petes Armour,fuel bowl delete,black MBRP stacks, 02 headlights,F650 dash, 16x10 MT wheels, 35" tires,and a bunch other stuff that wont fit in my sig. 425K and counting.
Old 02-12-2008, 11:20 PM
Posting Guru

kupaa is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdrummonds
I assume you are asking about the HPFP (high pressure fuel pump) and not the FASS air removal system.

you can get a HPFP to run in conjuction with your stock fuel pump, or you can get one that has a higher volume and replace your current stock pump.
the good thing about the HPFP is it is rebuildable, and adjustable. Airdog also makes an upgraded pump only option.
Sorry about the confusion,but i was taking about the fass or airdog.
2002 SC SB 4X4,6637,STRAIGHT PIPE,COBALT GAUGES,ITP OBA,REGULATED RETURN,HPX,AIH DELETE,JOHN WOODS STREET PERFORMER TRANS,DP TUNER F6 LIVE TUNED BY JODY, GTP38R,CASSERLY 200CC 80% HYBRIDS,TERMINATED,20X10 XD,ATZ 35/12.50/20
468 HP 970 ft lbs
CHRIS
Old 02-13-2008, 08:21 AM
A Sunday drive

SolidGround is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kupaa
Sorry about the confusion,but i was taking about the fass or airdog.
Don't be confused...

The 'fass' system or AirDog, which ever you prefer, is an air/water seperator, fuel filter, and super pump all in one.

With either of those you can eliminate the fuel filter bowl, sump the tank, and get rid of the stock pump.

www.pureflowtechnologies.com

Click the image to open in full size.

'99 F-350 Lariat CC LWB DRW Dymanic 701
7.3 PSD, chips are for salsa soon to be repowered!

Give without remembering
Receive without forgetting
Old 02-13-2008, 09:11 AM
Posting Guru

rebelchevy02 has a very good reputation on FTE.rebelchevy02 has a very good reputation on FTE.rebelchevy02 has a very good reputation on FTE.rebelchevy02 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGround
Don't be confused...

The 'fass' system or AirDog, which ever you prefer, is an air/water seperator, fuel filter, and super pump all in one.

With either of those you can eliminate the fuel filter bowl, sump the tank, and get rid of the stock pump.

www.pureflowtechnologies.com

Click the image to open in full size.
Arent the air dog units low pressure high flow pumps? And still require a high pressure pump? Im pretty sure I saw that. Which means with an air dog, youd still need to spend more $$$ on a high pressure pump.
http://www.roadsidehelpnetwork.info
Old 02-13-2008, 10:08 AM
Still learning every day!

F250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelchevy02
Arent the air dog units low pressure high flow pumps? And still require a high pressure pump? Im pretty sure I saw that. Which means with an air dog, youd still need to spend more $$$ on a high pressure pump.
You are correct.
Pete (F250_) -- PAA#19
'02 F250 PSD, CC, SB, XLT, 2WD: 252K miles
Basic, low cost, not really performance enhancing mods.
'03 Excursion (Eddie Bauer) PSD, 2WD, 176K miles - Stock.
http://guzzle.rbmicro.com/7pt3/Mods.html
Old 02-13-2008, 10:35 AM
A Sunday drive

SolidGround is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
By 'get rid of the stock pump' I meant to replace/upgrade it.

Throw in an extra pump, filtration, whatever... keep 'em happy.

'99 F-350 Lariat CC LWB DRW Dymanic 701
7.3 PSD, chips are for salsa soon to be repowered!

Give without remembering
Receive without forgetting
Old 09-17-2011, 10:16 PM
Posting Guru

BadDogKuzz is a splendid one to beholdBadDogKuzz is a splendid one to beholdBadDogKuzz is a splendid one to beholdBadDogKuzz is a splendid one to beholdBadDogKuzz is a splendid one to beholdBadDogKuzz is a splendid one to beholdBadDogKuzz is a splendid one to behold
I found this old tread and was hoping for a update?
I just did the hutch / harpoon mod and I have a carter lift pump that IndyF350psd hooked me up with and was wondering how many of you guys running a lift pump have it before or after the the pre filter baldwin1212. And how long have you been running this set up now? I am running a stock pump with205k on it and I don't have the $$ to change what I have so I am thinking that adding the lift pump it might buy me some time.
Ed PAA#121 "It's a sick world and I am a happy guy"
E99 F350 Lariat CC DRW 215k: 4" MBRP,up&down pipes coated/wrapped, bellows, T500, Kuzz4R100, TruCool, CCV with catch can, 50cent, E99 turbo/1.0 w.g.turbine, T.M. wastegate, EBPV delete,470-ohm, hutch/harpoon, A/C shim, K&N, Smoked lights

'76 E350 DRW/26' Holiday Ramber 460 4bl C6 : Autometer gauges
Old 09-17-2011, 10:48 PM
aka Redneck Wrencher

mueckster has a superb reputationmueckster has a superb reputationmueckster has a superb reputationmueckster has a superb reputationmueckster has a superb reputationmueckster has a superb reputationmueckster has a superb reputationmueckster has a superb reputationmueckster has a superb reputationmueckster has a superb reputationmueckster has a superb reputation
Roland Mueck
I had been running a lift pump BEFORE the pre filter for about 5 yrs and even with my Walbro GSL392 up until July of this year when I replaced all my fuel supply lines with 3/8" ID braided hose. I found I didn't have a need for the lift pump anymore. IIRC, Clay is running a stock pump with no added lift pump and is also using 3/8" hose from the tank with excellent results. I believe with a good free flow on the suction side of the pump, the lift pump is not needed and NOT PRESSURING the the filter allows it to work better as a water separator as it was intended.
'01 F-250 Lariat CC SB 4x4, DP Tuner F6 (live tuned), AFE II w/ Pete's Cover, GTP38R w/ RR billet whl & cross drilled 1.0, 6.0 Techni-cooler, Full Force SS Injectors, Stealth HPOP, Fluidampr, Melling M-208, Walbro FP, mueckster Reg Return & Bowl delete, Comp Cams 910's, mueckster 4R100, 4" SS MBRP, 6.0 Trans Cooler, Truetrac rear ...SOLD...
Old 09-17-2011, 10:49 PM
ain't wrapped tight

clux has a superb reputationclux has a superb reputationclux has a superb reputationclux has a superb reputationclux has a superb reputationclux has a superb reputationclux has a superb reputationclux has a superb reputationclux has a superb reputationclux has a superb reputationclux has a superb reputation
I'm running mine before the filter (not a baldwin 1212 though) and it's been on about 5 years.
Old 09-17-2011, 10:57 PM
Posting Guru

BadDogKuzz is a splendid one to beholdBadDogKuzz is a splendid one to beholdBadDogKuzz is a splendid one to beholdBadDogKuzz is a splendid one to beholdBadDogKuzz is a splendid one to beholdBadDogKuzz is a splendid one to beholdBadDogKuzz is a splendid one to behold
If I had a little more faith in my stock pump I would try it without a lift pump but I don't trust it. And Roland I never gave any thought to the fact that when pushing the fuel though the filter it won't sep water. Good point. For now I am going to try it and will use it before pre filter thanks Guys.
E99 F350 Lariat CC DRW 215k: 4" MBRP,up&down pipes coated/wrapped, bellows, T500, Kuzz4R100, TruCool, CCV with catch can, 50cent, E99 turbo/1.0 w.g.turbine, T.M. wastegate, EBPV delete,470-ohm, hutch/harpoon, A/C shim, K&N, Smoked lights

Old 09-17-2011, 11:00 PM
Posting Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by clux View Post
I'm running mine before the filter (not a baldwin 1212 though) and it's been on about 5 years.
Are still running a stock fuel pump with the Carter?

Old 09-17-2011, 11:10 PM
aka Redneck Wrencher

mueckster has a superb reputationmueckster has a superb reputationmueckster has a superb reputationmueckster has a superb reputationmueckster has a superb reputationmueckster has a superb reputationmueckster has a superb reputationmueckster has a superb reputationmueckster has a superb reputationmueckster has a superb reputationmueckster has a superb reputation
Roland Mueck
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadDogKuzz View Post
If I had a little more faith in my stock pump I would try it without a lift pump but I don't trust it. And Roland I never gave any thought to the fact that when pushing the fuel though the filter it won't sep water. Good point. For now I am going to try it and will use it before filter thanks Guys.
You'll be fine with a stock fuel bowl. Since I did a fuel bowl delete at the same time, I no longer wanted to pressurize the pre pump filter.
'01 F-250 Lariat CC SB 4x4, DP Tuner F6 (live tuned), AFE II w/ Pete's Cover, GTP38R w/ RR billet whl & cross drilled 1.0, 6.0 Techni-cooler, Full Force SS Injectors, Stealth HPOP, Fluidampr, Melling M-208, Walbro FP, mueckster Reg Return & Bowl delete, Comp Cams 910's, mueckster 4R100, 4" SS MBRP, 6.0 Trans Cooler, Truetrac rear ...SOLD...
Old 09-17-2011, 11:14 PM
Postmaster

timmyboy76 has a great reputation on FTE.timmyboy76 has a great reputation on FTE.timmyboy76 has a great reputation on FTE.timmyboy76 has a great reputation on FTE.timmyboy76 has a great reputation on FTE.timmyboy76 has a great reputation on FTE.
timmyboy76 seadooya
DIY pre-filter (30micron), H/H/ mod, and NO pre-pump here, for last year.
TIM...PAA#113....plenums inserts, hpx, frx, 50 cent, gauges, trans-coolant-oil DIY by-pass systems, H/H mod, DIY WVO system..208k and counting
Old 09-18-2011, 07:08 AM
ain't wrapped tight

clux has a superb reputationclux has a superb reputationclux has a superb reputationclux has a superb reputationclux has a superb reputationclux has a superb reputationclux has a superb reputationclux has a superb reputationclux has a superb reputationclux has a superb reputationclux has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadDogKuzz View Post
Are still running a stock fuel pump with the Carter?
Yes I am running the stock pump and filter. I added the lift pump because of the pre-stock pump filter.
Old 09-18-2011, 08:10 AM
Posting Guru

beanhead6D5 is a name known to allbeanhead6D5 is a name known to allbeanhead6D5 is a name known to allbeanhead6D5 is a name known to allbeanhead6D5 is a name known to allbeanhead6D5 is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by mueckster View Post
I had been running a lift pump BEFORE the pre filter for about 5 yrs and even with my Walbro GSL392 up until July of this year when I replaced all my fuel supply lines with 3/8" ID braided hose. I found I didn't have a need for the lift pump anymore. IIRC, Clay is running a stock pump with no added lift pump and is also using 3/8" hose from the tank with excellent results. I believe with a good free flow on the suction side of the pump, the lift pump is not needed and NOT PRESSURING the the filter allows it to work better as a water separator as it was intended.
I am also running the same set up as Clay.I have had very good results.I am now looking at running duel factory pumps.With the filter set up I have I can run the pumps parallel to each other,not in a front to back setup.this way the fuel will flow through the filters the right way.

Anyone have a good stock pump they want to sell????
PAA MEMBER #71
2001 f-250 CC 7.3 Auto 4x4 4" Lift
S&B,Van Turbo 6/6 Billet wheel,4"Turbo2Tail,SRP1.1
OSAW RR Fuel,Intank mods
6.0 IC&TC,Gauges,JW tow master Trans
Old 09-18-2011, 08:10 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel

Tags
2002, 4070, 4594, 73l, 74221, carter, electric, f250, f350, ford, fuel, gp4389, lift, p4070, pump, pumps