Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Folks With the Carter P4070 "lift pump"

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 11:08 PM
bdrummonds
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kupaa
what about the fass pump,is it worth the extra $$$$ or will the carter do the same for cheaper??
I assume you are asking about the HPFP (high pressure fuel pump) and not the FASS air removal system.

you can get a HPFP to run in conjuction with your stock fuel pump, or you can get one that has a higher volume and replace your current stock pump.
the good thing about the HPFP is it is rebuildable, and adjustable. Airdog also makes an upgraded pump only option.

Old 02-12-2008, 11:20 PM
kupaa
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by bdrummonds
I assume you are asking about the HPFP (high pressure fuel pump) and not the FASS air removal system.

you can get a HPFP to run in conjuction with your stock fuel pump, or you can get one that has a higher volume and replace your current stock pump.
the good thing about the HPFP is it is rebuildable, and adjustable. Airdog also makes an upgraded pump only option.
Sorry about the confusion,but i was taking about the fass or airdog.

Old 02-13-2008, 08:21 AM
SolidGround
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kupaa
Sorry about the confusion,but i was taking about the fass or airdog.
Don't be confused...

The 'fass' system or AirDog, which ever you prefer, is an air/water seperator, fuel filter, and super pump all in one.

With either of those you can eliminate the fuel filter bowl, sump the tank, and get rid of the stock pump.

www.pureflowtechnologies.com

Old 02-13-2008, 09:11 AM
rebelchevy02
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by SolidGround
Don't be confused...

The 'fass' system or AirDog, which ever you prefer, is an air/water seperator, fuel filter, and super pump all in one.

With either of those you can eliminate the fuel filter bowl, sump the tank, and get rid of the stock pump.

www.pureflowtechnologies.com

Arent the air dog units low pressure high flow pumps? And still require a high pressure pump? Im pretty sure I saw that. Which means with an air dog, youd still need to spend more $$$ on a high pressure pump.

Old 02-13-2008, 10:08 AM
F250_
Hotshot
Received 201 Likes on 108 Posts
Originally Posted by rebelchevy02
Arent the air dog units low pressure high flow pumps? And still require a high pressure pump? Im pretty sure I saw that. Which means with an air dog, youd still need to spend more $$$ on a high pressure pump.
You are correct.

Old 02-13-2008, 10:35 AM
SolidGround
Elder User
By 'get rid of the stock pump' I meant to replace/upgrade it.

Throw in an extra pump, filtration, whatever... keep 'em happy.

Old 09-17-2011, 10:16 PM
BadDogKuzz
Postmaster
I found this old tread and was hoping for a update?
I just did the hutch / harpoon mod and I have a carter lift pump that IndyF350psd hooked me up with and was wondering how many of you guys running a lift pump have it before or after the the pre filter baldwin1212. And how long have you been running this set up now? I am running a stock pump with205k on it and I don't have the $$ to change what I have so I am thinking that adding the lift pump it might buy me some time.

Old 09-17-2011, 10:48 PM
mueckster
Lead Driver
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
I had been running a lift pump BEFORE the pre filter for about 5 yrs and even with my Walbro GSL392 up until July of this year when I replaced all my fuel supply lines with 3/8" ID braided hose. I found I didn't have a need for the lift pump anymore. IIRC, Clay is running a stock pump with no added lift pump and is also using 3/8" hose from the tank with excellent results. I believe with a good free flow on the suction side of the pump, the lift pump is not needed and NOT PRESSURING the the filter allows it to work better as a water separator as it was intended.

Old 09-17-2011, 10:49 PM
clux
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm running mine before the filter (not a baldwin 1212 though) and it's been on about 5 years.

Old 09-17-2011, 10:57 PM
BadDogKuzz
Postmaster
If I had a little more faith in my stock pump I would try it without a lift pump but I don't trust it. And Roland I never gave any thought to the fact that when pushing the fuel though the filter it won't sep water. Good point. For now I am going to try it and will use it before pre filter thanks Guys.

Old 09-17-2011, 11:00 PM
BadDogKuzz
Postmaster
Originally Posted by clux
I'm running mine before the filter (not a baldwin 1212 though) and it's been on about 5 years.
Are still running a stock fuel pump with the Carter?

Old 09-17-2011, 11:10 PM
mueckster
Lead Driver
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by BadDogKuzz
If I had a little more faith in my stock pump I would try it without a lift pump but I don't trust it. And Roland I never gave any thought to the fact that when pushing the fuel though the filter it won't sep water. Good point. For now I am going to try it and will use it before filter thanks Guys.
You'll be fine with a stock fuel bowl. Since I did a fuel bowl delete at the same time, I no longer wanted to pressurize the pre pump filter.

Old 09-17-2011, 11:14 PM
timmyboy76
Lead Driver
Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts
DIY pre-filter (30micron), H/H/ mod, and NO pre-pump here, for last year.

Old 09-18-2011, 07:08 AM
clux
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by BadDogKuzz
Are still running a stock fuel pump with the Carter?
Yes I am running the stock pump and filter. I added the lift pump because of the pre-stock pump filter.

Old 09-18-2011, 08:10 AM
beanhead6D5
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by mueckster
I had been running a lift pump BEFORE the pre filter for about 5 yrs and even with my Walbro GSL392 up until July of this year when I replaced all my fuel supply lines with 3/8" ID braided hose. I found I didn't have a need for the lift pump anymore. IIRC, Clay is running a stock pump with no added lift pump and is also using 3/8" hose from the tank with excellent results. I believe with a good free flow on the suction side of the pump, the lift pump is not needed and NOT PRESSURING the the filter allows it to work better as a water separator as it was intended.
I am also running the same set up as Clay.I have had very good results.I am now looking at running duel factory pumps.With the filter set up I have I can run the pumps parallel to each other,not in a front to back setup.this way the fuel will flow through the filters the right way.

Anyone have a good stock pump they want to sell????

Quick Reply: Folks With the Carter P4070 "lift pump"