Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > General > The Next Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

The Next Generation For those ages 15-25.

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-17-2008, 01:36 AM
Post Fiend

RangerPilot has a very good reputation on FTE.RangerPilot has a very good reputation on FTE.RangerPilot has a very good reputation on FTE.RangerPilot has a very good reputation on FTE.
Spring Semester, what's goin' on?

Well for me...

I finished my Private Pilot training last semester (actually the only person to manage it, our FAA guy ran off the next day and thus the other two guys who were ready for their checkride, both good friends of mine, got screwed over), so I'm starting my Commercial Pilot's License flight training Friday morning.

I'm taking Commercial Ground (Performance & Regulations), Commercial Flying, Brief Calculus with Applications, Composition II, and Sociology. Altogether it's 16 credit hours.

Still working at the airport (line crew) and attending SOSU.

So what's everyone else taking this semester? Still enjoying it?
Old 01-17-2008, 03:14 PM
Senior User

Fords&Farmalls is starting off with a positive reputation.
At Delaware Valley College right now, in my Sophmore year. I'm studying dairy science, and hopefully I can get a minor in either business or agronomy. The school work is ok, but I am having a pretty good time at school overall.
Garrett
Farmall H
Farmall 400 TA
IH RED POWER!!! Nothing runs from a Farmall like a John Deere!
Old 01-17-2008, 06:12 PM
Posting Guru

Red Star has a good reputation on FTE.Red Star has a good reputation on FTE.
We currently have winter semester, if I pass everything (3 classes) I will graduate in about 4-5 weeks.
Old 01-18-2008, 03:55 PM
Post Fiend

RangerPilot has a very good reputation on FTE.RangerPilot has a very good reputation on FTE.RangerPilot has a very good reputation on FTE.RangerPilot has a very good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Star
We currently have winter semester, if I pass everything (3 classes) I will graduate in about 4-5 weeks.
Sounds fun, what are you taking and what are you planning to do after your graduate?
Old 01-18-2008, 06:38 PM
Senior User

rivet96 is starting off with a positive reputation.
im still in HS. I got a ****ty *** schedule for the spring semester.

Old 01-18-2008, 09:24 PM
Posting Guru

jimbo beam is a splendid one to beholdjimbo beam is a splendid one to beholdjimbo beam is a splendid one to beholdjimbo beam is a splendid one to beholdjimbo beam is a splendid one to beholdjimbo beam is a splendid one to behold
I finished putting myself through line school last October, and now that I'm a lineman I hate it.

I just started my first semester of formal collage, going for Information Technology, once I get a little further on I'll decide if I want to go the Networking, or Computer Programing direction.
1996 F150. 306/4R70W. E303 cam, AFR205 heads, TrickFlow intake mani, CAI, 90mm TB, 30lb injectors, MSD 6A, JBA ceramic shorties, Bassani catless y-pipe, 3 inch single w/ Flowmaster super 44. B&M shift kit, Moates Quarterhorse tuned, etc etc...
1994 F150 4x4. 302/E4OD. "six litre tuneup" hedman long tubes, 2.5 inch duals w/ glasspacks. 3 inch lift, 33x12.50 BFG KM2's, 4.10 gears, front and rear Aussie lockers
1994 F150 4x4. 351/E4OD. Bone stock and staying that way...
Old 01-18-2008, 10:54 PM
Disgruntled Texan

texastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputation
I just turned in my application three days ago for graduate school. I'm 15 hours short of Degree #1 (BBA-Acct) and hopefully about to be headed towards Degree #2 (MSA-Tax) and another 40 hours of class work.

My class schedule this spring inclues Managerial/Cost Accounting, Accounting Information Systems, International Economics, and Principals in Income Taxation.

Hey Fords&Farmalls.... what kinda Red power you got? I've got a 49 Cub and hopefully a line on a Super C near me.

Nancy, you been going to that healer for twelve years, and you still get headaches every night.
Old 01-19-2008, 08:40 AM
Freshman User

laxman9206 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Spring semester starts next wed. for me at York College of Pennsylvania. I'm in my sophomore year majoring in Mechanical Engineering. The stuffs tough, but there isn't anything I'd rather do. And yes, now I know why there are so many engineers with their heads up their you know whats. There are alot of students in the program because they are good at math and physics but struggle to find the spark plugs in a diesel engine. Trick question if you were wondering. I'm trying not to be one of those.
Old 01-20-2008, 01:14 AM
Posting Guru

Red Star has a good reputation on FTE.Red Star has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerPilot
Sounds fun, what are you taking and what are you planning to do after your graduate?
My major is Business Management. Currently I'm taking Selling technique, Employment law and some class in which you run a company (I forgot the name of that class).

Employment law is by biggest worry since I have really tough professor. We had first exam few weeks ago, 7 our of 8 of us in the class failed that exam.
Old 01-20-2008, 11:32 AM
Elder User

jgc2521 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by laxman9206
Spring semester starts next wed. for me at York College of Pennsylvania. I'm in my sophomore year majoring in Mechanical Engineering. The stuffs tough, but there isn't anything I'd rather do.
Hey, Im a freshman starting tuesday on my second semester. Just wondering how its goin for you. Im taking engr 109 ( computing and something) and had to by a 140ish dollar program. Matlab and Simulink?? just wondering if you had to use them and how that class was.
Old 01-20-2008, 02:46 PM
Post Fiend

fordboy_52 is a splendid one to beholdfordboy_52 is a splendid one to beholdfordboy_52 is a splendid one to beholdfordboy_52 is a splendid one to beholdfordboy_52 is a splendid one to beholdfordboy_52 is a splendid one to beholdfordboy_52 is a splendid one to beholdfordboy_52 is a splendid one to behold
my last semester will be a beer filled one. im taking organic and biochem and 2 ag classes. then the rest are time fillers. done in may

Matt
Old 01-20-2008, 09:31 PM
Post Fiend

Matts72 has a good reputation on FTE.Matts72 has a good reputation on FTE.Matts72 has a good reputation on FTE.
Well, the way things sit right now, I will graduate next spring. I have an Environmental Studies internship, a Butte field study, Criminology, Environmental Sociology, Sociology, Business Writing, and Interpersonal Communications this semester, for a total of 18 credits. I can't wait to be done, again.
Old 01-20-2008, 11:15 PM
Freshman User

laxman9206 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Hey, Im a freshman starting tuesday on my second semester. Just wondering how its goin for you. Im taking engr 109 ( computing and something) and had to by a 140ish dollar program. Matlab and Simulink?? just wondering if you had to use them and how that class was.
Unfortunately you better get used to those expensive books and programs. I never used either of those programs but know Matlab is installed on some computers around campus. I've used a program called MathCAD though, and learned from experience, "Give everything a chance, a program that may seem useless initially can really help in the future."

Quote:
So what's everyone else taking this semester? Still enjoying it?
This semester I've got; Strength of Materials w/ lab, Engineering Math, Circuits w/ lab, and Thermodynamics w/ lab. So I've pretty much got my work cut out for me. But still enjoying it? Yeah!
Best of luck with the upcoming semester.
Old 01-21-2008, 10:13 AM
Elder User

jgc2521 is starting off with a positive reputation.
i dont know about up their but ive heard statics and circuits is funnn (if you know what i mean)
Old 01-21-2008, 03:19 PM
Post Fiend

How much has everyone spent on books?

For Commercial Ground (AVIA-2083) alone, I had to buy:
-Instrument/Commercial Pilot textbook - $170
-Aviation Weather & Weather Services - $83
-Commercial Pilot FAA Knowledge Test handbook - $64
-The Advanced Pilot's Flight Manual - $95
-Aircraft Weight & Balance handbook - $34
-Commercial Pilot (ASEL/ASES/AMEL/AMES) Practical Test Standards - $14
-Cessna 172 Pilot's Operating Handbook - $35
-Cessna 172 Checklist - $10
-------------------------------$505

Dropped another $20 today on the Federal Air Regulations book for '08. Nothing like reading government text to put you to sleep...

I spent a bit over $1100 altogether.
Old 01-21-2008, 03:19 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > General > The Next Generation