New Hampshire Chapter Join Chapter Leader: 7283-F250

New England Chapter in review-2007

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 10:05 AM
sglaine
Posting Legend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New England Chapter in review-2007

I would like to take this time to reflect on 2007...

2007 was a great year for the New England Chapter with better Meets and events.. Big change from sitting in a Restaurant most every month..

I also want to express my thanks to BIGKEN for all of his hard work he has done for the chapter..Such as sponsoring the big June Bash that was held in Greenfield MA at the Ford Of Greenfield..

BIGKEN also serves as the Chapter secretary and has been a big part in getting new Members..

I also want to Thank Shortbed 7.3 for having us down in May for Dino day and Matt was a planner for the June Bash as well and you will see more of Matt in the time to come..

I also would like to thank Donjamer for heading up the BBQ dept and helping out with planning of meets and has been a big help with the running of the chapter..
I also want to thank each and everyone of you that came to meets this past year and new members that joined..

We are going to have a bigger year I hope and with everyone's help we can achieve that goal.. Please keep on giving out spotter cards and bring in new members..

And also thank the one's that might have slipped my mind because I do suffer from Short timers...LOL Thank you all.....

And a big thanks to George from DE in all of his hard work and advice...

Last edited by sglaine; 01-01-2008 at 10:10 AM.
Old 01-01-2008, 10:20 AM
glruff
Super Moderator
Received 157 Likes on 93 Posts
Well thank you Sean. Thank you for not crediting me with showing you how to post pics you picitute or causing you, big ken and little ken with becoming postitutes.

Seriously, Congrats on the great revival of the NE Chapter. BTW did you know NE is #9 in FTE land!!!

Old 01-01-2008, 10:27 AM
sglaine
Posting Legend
With more hard work from everyone we will be better then ever and thanks again everyone...

Old 01-01-2008, 11:30 AM
shortbed7.3
Senior User
#9 is pretty good,but we're gonna pass that this year!!!hopefully we can pull in more support from mass and rhode island this year,that is going to be a goal for the year.also if our friends up north can try to pull in some support from the maine boys,this will be a huge year for us. a most happy new year to all,and with a little luck,we can make 08 better than 07!!

Old 01-01-2008, 11:33 AM
sglaine
Posting Legend
And we need VT guys to jump in as well. Where are you VT men and Women?

Old 01-01-2008, 11:35 AM
sglaine
Posting Legend
Matt we did get 3 from Maine to join last month...

Old 01-01-2008, 02:47 PM
donjamer
Received 63 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by sglaine
And we need VT guys to jump in as well. Where are you VT men and Women?
Speaking of VT... Where has Steve (STBREM) gone??

Old 01-01-2008, 02:55 PM
donjamer
Received 63 Likes on 34 Posts
Sean, you also forgot I am in charge of the Adult entertainmet department..

Old 01-01-2008, 03:32 PM
sglaine
Posting Legend
Originally Posted by donjamer
Speaking of VT... Where has Steve (STBREM) gone??

He I believe is plowing snow right now and has been busy with his Mack..God I hope he does not take that to bed with him....LOL

Old 01-01-2008, 03:32 PM
sglaine
Posting Legend
Originally Posted by donjamer
Sean, you also forgot I am in charge of the Adult entertainmet department..

Yes and we need to have a meet about that as well...

Old 01-01-2008, 04:37 PM
BIGKEN
Received 7,108 Likes on 4,191 Posts
Originally Posted by glruff
Well thank you Sean. Thank you for not crediting me with showing you how to post pics you picitute or causing you, big ken and little ken with becoming postitutes.

Seriously, Congrats on the great revival of the NE Chapter. BTW did you know NE is #9 in FTE land!!!

You can always count on George for stats...bean counters are like that!!!

Thanks for your inspiration...now some of us just have to relocate our lives!!!

Old 01-01-2008, 04:46 PM
sglaine
Posting Legend
Originally Posted by BIGKEN
You can always count on George for stats...bean counters are like that!!!

Thanks for your inspiration...now some of us just have to relocate our lives!!!

Where to Ken the nut house...

Old 01-01-2008, 05:00 PM
BIGKEN
Received 7,108 Likes on 4,191 Posts
'07 was indeed a good year for the New England Chapter...thanks in large part to the inspiration and leadership provided by our CL...Mr. Laine. We have a fairly strong core group of members and we can hopefully grow that core and make the overall group stronger. We recently have had a fair number of folks join the chapter...some from RI, ME, MA, NH, and CT. Vermont still proves to be a question mark. Not a whole lot of interest there...yet. We need to continue to work on that.

We had some interesting outings this past year. A few trips to the "Pet Store"...courtesy of Big Don...Dyno Day in Wallingford thanks to our friends from the CTPSD Club and their resident instigator shortbed7.3...a great trip to Battleship Cove in Fall River...a reminder of the sacrifices made so that we can enjoy the freedoms we have today. The Higgins Museum in Worcester was a fascinating experience for those who were able to make it...this was the first time we got to meet a prolific poster...nitramjr...hopefully Ray will join us in the future. There was also the lunch at the 99 in Keene where we got to meet a future Ford Truck Enthusiast...Jamie Wood. Tragically... Jamie never got to purchase that Ford truck...his life was cut prematurely short not too long after that meet in a car accident. Rest in peace...Jamie...you're in a better place!!! Last but not least...we had the Big June Bash in Greenfield...I think everyone had a good time there...and we really enjoyed meeting a lot of folks who were just posts before that time. Those that come to mind are PSD DickW...trustyrusty...48 Fordster...downhillpat...WheelMa1...Towmanjbo...Bo rdaine. We also encountered tattoo-skullhead...dzlpower...loveturbo...jturbodiesel... 79broncoidi. Mlafortu and his bride nhtriton also made an appearance. Can't forget the Kanc run...thanks to 7283-F250 for his planning efforts. We are however...concerned about your driving...there was a rather sharp deviation from the travel lane at one time...*** on Dan...fess up...what was the issue???

Let's start off '08 with a bang...a big turnout at the car show in Boston on the 6th...and continue the momentum as the year goes on!!!

Last edited by BIGKEN; 01-01-2008 at 05:10 PM.
Old 01-01-2008, 06:05 PM
BigF350
Hotshot
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
A hearty congrats from the big-wigs of FTE too (or something like that )

Thanks to Sean and the others of the NE chapter for really growing the chapter, having some really successful meets and getting FTE "out there".

All the best for a bigger and better 2008

Old 01-01-2008, 06:08 PM
sglaine
Posting Legend
Originally Posted by FTE Fred
A hearty congrats from the big-wigs of FTE too (or something like that )

Thanks to Sean and the others of the NE chapter for really growing the chapter, having some really successful meets and getting FTE "out there".

All the best for a bigger and better 2008

I also want to Thank you Fred for all of your help this past year and I will be looking you up this year as well if you can stand me that long....LOL

Quick Reply: New England Chapter in review-2007