1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Frame Paint

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2007, 08:10 AM
reg1952
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Frame Paint

Hi everyone. Hope you all had a great Christmas. I did, got my new set of Victor torchs. Got the body off my 52 with the help of my new torchs. I have started to sand blast frame and was wondering what everyone would recommend for paint. I have used Por-15 before but didnt like the finish. Also I should let everyone know what I have done in regards to my last posts. As far as the body tools I asked about I will be buying a good hammer and just the cheaper dollies. I have order my shrinker/strecther from Eastwood Company. I bought a Welder Series cross member and will be getting the control arms later ( Heidths arms and Granda brakes) Also I would like to post some pics would like some help with that. Thanks

Old 12-29-2007, 09:07 AM
Dadsf-21952
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi there, glad to hear o your progress,Feels good don't it? as for the frame paint I actually got lucky my father inlaw had left over military issue marine paint that is basically an epoxy mix that is thick and tough. the truck will fall apart befor the frame rusts. As for the pics I just got mine up last night after many head aches. any way I went to gallery then manage/create CLOSE OUT ALL JAVA there will be 2 one in middle of screen one closer to the top. if you don't get them closed it will boot you right off. Go to browse choos your pic hit open and you should have it. good luck Casey

Old 12-29-2007, 09:57 AM
mtflat
Lead Driver

Received 332 Likes on 256 Posts
I used Eastwood's Chassis Black on top of their rust encapsulator stuff. 6 years of hard daily use including 1.25 miles on a gravel road and it still looks great.

Old 12-29-2007, 03:30 PM
53OlderThanMe
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wire brushed mine to get the undercoating off and spray painted with cans of Rustoleum Hammered black. Mine is a Southern truck with very little rust if any on the frame though. Its not show quality but looks as good as it did from the factory, maybe better with no undercoating