2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Super crew rear door power locks

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 09:55 PM
lethalkustoms
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Super crew rear door power locks

Im not sure if this is ford design or just my truck.

I have the super crew with power locks, the doors lock automatically as they should but when it unlocks after parking the rear doors dont unlock and i need push the button to unlock the doors for the people in the rear. Is their a fix to this annoying issue

Old 12-05-2007, 10:16 PM
VFR_Man
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sounds like the childproof door locks are engaged.

Old 12-05-2007, 10:25 PM
lethalkustoms
New User
i tried the child proof lock leaver in the other position and the doors wont open from the inside. Unless it is in the computer. I know you can activate or deactivate the auto lock feature. but not sure about the rears.

Old 12-05-2007, 10:48 PM
VFR_Man
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The description of the childproof locks says once the locks are unlocked, the rear doors can only be opened from the outside. The '07 autolock description doesn't describe the doors unlocking automatically. Do the fronts really unlock when you park, or is it just that pulling the inside handle unlocks and opens the door?

Old 12-05-2007, 11:06 PM
07-150
New User
I find the same thing annoying on my truck, having to unlock the doors to let other people out or to get things out of the back seat. I think the front doors unlock when you use the door handles to get out. I drive a newer ford at work and it does the same thing. I hope there is a way to change it so either all the doors unlock when the car is put in park or the doors do not lock at all.

Old 12-06-2007, 01:19 AM
cool guy
Senior User
i had an 05 sc lariat, what i did was ask the dealer to see if they got an upgrade for the keyless entry system to a complete car alarm system, and it just happen that there is, and also asked about my key pad to see if it's gonna work and again it was a yes, same remote i'm using, and can be programmed to where you can unlock all doors once you pull the key out of the ignition and auto lock all doors once you turn on the ignition....

Old 12-06-2007, 06:15 AM
thechief96
Senior User
I used to have that same issue. After I had an auto start/alarm system installed, all my doors lock when I start the truck and they all unlock when I shut off the truck.

Old 12-06-2007, 07:41 AM
gpeade
Elder User
It's just the way the stupid system works.
I can only assume it is to retain people that you are transporting against their will!!! lol

On a serious note...my kids have learned to pull the lock **** up and are sometimes out before me.

To me it's more aggrivating when I am alone because if I go back to the truck to get something out of it I have to dig in my pocket for the keys cause the damn door is locked!!!

Old 12-06-2007, 11:26 AM
desertford
Senior User
My 07 screw does the same thing. I have learned to live with it

Old 12-06-2007, 12:29 PM
DMAC66
Junior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by lethalkustoms
Im not sure if this is ford design or just my truck.

I have the super crew with power locks, the doors lock automatically as they should but when it unlocks after parking the rear doors dont unlock and i need push the button to unlock the doors for the people in the rear. Is their a fix to this annoying issue
I know what you're talking about. GM products unlock all the doors when you put the vehicle back in park. Ford chose not to have that occur so, unless you want to invest in the security components listed above, you will need to get in the habit of hitting the unlock button when shutting off/exiting the truck.

DMAC

Old 12-06-2007, 03:27 PM
DonsFx4
Elder User
Looking at an 04+ wiring manual, all the auto-door lock functions come out of the Body Control Module. It's located behind the left rear passenger seat back. You can make all the doors open at the same time the driver's opens, if you want to splice a wire...and you want to assume responsibility for any consequences of this mod!

There are 2 plugs that come off the BCM, C3008a (colored blue) and C3008b (colored green). On the Blue plug, pin 5 has a Red w/ Orange stripe wire...that is for the Drivers Door Unlock. Pin 3 has a Pink w/ Orange stripe wire...that is for ALL PASSENGER DOORS Unlock (reg cab, s-cab, or screw...all the same config). Simply cut the Pink w/ Orange stripe wire at least 2" from the plug (in case you want to restore it in the future) and splice to the Red w/ Orange stripe wire...and all doors will unlock at the same time.

BTW, all doors (driver's and pass) share the same Pink w/ Black stripe Lock wire.

I don't know the trick to removing the seat back in the different models, though!!

Last edited by DonsFx4; 12-06-2007 at 04:02 PM.
Old 12-06-2007, 06:47 PM
builtfordtough13
Laughing Gas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I know that my 01 focus, my aunts 06 F-150, my other aunts 03 Expedition they all do that, it is just a safety feature to make it so little kids don't fall out of the car becaue of opening the door. BTW Don I was reading your sig. and your fusion doesn't have a 4.0L V-6, it is either a 2.3L 4 cyl. or 3.0L V-6.

Old 12-06-2007, 07:04 PM
DonsFx4
Elder User
builtford...my fat fingers struck again!! Good catch, I'll edit right away. It's the 3.0, but still a good little motor.

Old 12-06-2007, 07:16 PM
guessrow
Tuned
check out this link.

I did a quick search and found this link. It will answer all your questions

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/6...ck-unlock.html

Old 12-07-2007, 07:43 AM
gpeade
Elder User
Why do they have to lock in the first place? Do they think this will make us safer in a crash or is it because we are too stupid to do it ourselves?

At least with a Ford the front doors will open with the handle even when locked.
I had a Chevy and I always had to unlock it first before I could open the door. Didn't really bother me when I was alone as I never lock the thing, but me wife is one of the lock freaks and would lock the darn doors before I even got the truck started.

Quick Reply: Super crew rear door power locks