6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis

dpf delete

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 09:54 PM
Zookie400
Lead Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question dpf delete

anybody take off thier dpf yet? im curious how these engines do without it, and with a heavy fuel curve.

Old 12-04-2007, 11:53 PM
SouthTexasDiesel
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You can't just take off the DPF on these trucks. If you do you will get CEL's and the truck will eventually go into constant regeneration.

The onyl way to make it work is with a DPF delete pipe so the sensors can be re-installed, and a programmer made the remove the regen cycle. There is a company with this out but they are small and the guy doesn't seem to want to talk. The big companys, SCT Edge Superchips, should be coming out with one in the next few months.

Old 12-05-2007, 05:47 AM
Zookie400
Lead Driver
i know you cant "just take it off", i work on the class 8 stuff and have seen first hand what happens when you try(customers trying to straight pipe thier nice new emmissions compliant truck).

some companies are already out with delete kits, i was wondering if anyone did it yet...?

one company i can remember is Kem Performance out of Florida, not sure if they have a website, i dont really need thier stuff for my '97 so i didnt look.

Old 12-05-2007, 02:47 PM
SouthTexasDiesel
Elder User
KEM is the only one I know of. I've been talking with Innovative Diesel and they have their tune finished and tested, they're just working with SCT and MBRP right now. This guy is doing it right, the tune has be tested for months now, and everything will be packaged together.

So what kind of damage have these trucks gotten from just removing the DPF?

Old 12-05-2007, 04:59 PM
Zookie400
Lead Driver
no physical damage, 2 trucks now came in about a week after we sold them. the owners wanted straight pipes....as we all do!
on both trucks they removed the dpf, and just capped the diff. pres. lines, tied up the wires and ran it.....sounded cool, but the engines de-rated, threw a light, and got towed to the shop. now our salesmen are telling them in advance not to f' with the exhaust.
if i ever get a free minute, i was going to design something for the class 8's, and see if i could use the factoy software to get rid of the functions.

so does the delete kit free up any HP????

Old 12-05-2007, 06:55 PM
SouthTexasDiesel
Elder User
I would hope so. According to my SCT display I've gotten up to 6.5 psi of backpressure behind the DPF while really punching it. Thats if I'm doing the conversion right and the disply is correct. Average cruising with 10psi of boost I'm getting only 1 psi of pressure. So I would think it will release some power in the high rpm range, but it's hard to say.

The guy I've been talking with is going to produce a 4" DPF delete that takes advantage of the 4" stock downpipe on the 6.4's. I'm planning to be first on the list to get shipped.

Old 10-23-2008, 06:36 AM
pamelbert
Senior User
Just bought this cat/dpf delete pipe off ebay and a sct tuner, fit was perfect sounds like an airplane now. http://i10.ebayimg.com/01/i/001/12/6f/a6b3_1.JPG

Old 10-23-2008, 06:42 AM
pamelbert
Senior User
this is the entire info on the product i bought. I bought this because im not fond of the dpf kit only seems like the exhaust hits a large plate and has to funnel through the center pipe, with this set up it is straight piped.
eBay Motors: 6.4L Ford Powerstroke DPF & DOC delete pipe Spartan Sct (item 330280725847 end time Oct-28-08 19:31:44 PDT)

Old 10-23-2008, 03:59 PM
SpartanDieselTech
Former Vendor
Give us a call.

We specialize in 6.4L custom tuning, and offer not only DPF/DOC deletes but full downpipe-back exhaust systems now, in aluminized and stainless. We offer the highest rated HP gains (up to 275RWHP) along with the best drivability and fuel mileage on the market.

Likewise, all of our custom tuning is undetectable at a dealer or field engineer level once removed.

Old 10-23-2008, 09:07 PM
dpfdeletekits
New User
Just wondering, what is the best dpf delete kit out there. Things to include would be like power gain, mpg gain, and cost.

Old 10-23-2008, 09:19 PM
Pahrump1
Junior User
Originally Posted by SpartanDieselTech
Give us a call.

We specialize in 6.4L custom tuning, and offer not only DPF/DOC deletes but full downpipe-back exhaust systems now, in aluminized and stainless. We offer the highest rated HP gains (up to 275RWHP) along with the best drivability and fuel mileage on the market.

Likewise, all of our custom tuning is undetectable at a dealer or field engineer level once removed.
Originally Posted by dpfdeletekits
Just wondering, what is the best dpf delete kit out there. Things to include would be like power gain, mpg gain, and cost.

Answer is right above you....check out the thread I started about my truck at the diesel nats with Spartan tuning.

Old 03-22-2009, 11:34 PM
Machinator
Senior User
Really want to do this but dont wanna f up the warranty, I know gettin rid of the dpf would help the motor buy cutting egts/reducing backpressure but sure the ford guys would cry havoc.
scott

Old 09-27-2011, 12:11 AM
joey707
New User
Question

Alright guys, just got my first diesel truck. A 2008 F-250 6.4L, and I am already sick of the DPF. I am going to remove it, my question is...should I remove the filter?....Remove the filter and CAT as well (heard it gets backed up when removing the DPF)?....or just pipe the whole thing by taking off the DPF and CAT. What is everyone's thoughts on this. I'm buying it this in 2 days.

Thanks,
Joey

Old 09-27-2011, 11:39 AM
StanleyZ
Logistics Pro
Received 68 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by joey707
Alright guys, just got my first diesel truck. A 2008 F-250 6.4L, and I am already sick of the DPF. I am going to remove it, my question is...should I remove the filter?....Remove the filter and CAT as well (heard it gets backed up when removing the DPF)?....or just pipe the whole thing by taking off the DPF and CAT. What is everyone's thoughts on this. I'm buying it this in 2 days.

Thanks,
Joey
Joey. if you will do a search on this forum (6.4L diesel) for DPF delete you will get enough information to spend the day reading both the pros, the cons, and how to do it and what equipment you need.

Old 09-27-2011, 07:46 PM
sd convert
Junior User
There have been so many topics on this and yes I wish I had done it earlier. My 08 runs so much better now 4000 miles since I installed tune. 3000 miles towing 12000 lbs bumber pull. To have no more regens and a cooler running truck .I just wonder how much damage the first 15000,000 miles with DPF have messed with my engine internals, ie- making oil,I dont care how often I changed my oil what was the epa thinking. Stanley you would not believe the difference towing and better mileage to boot- I am now a believer.I was going back to a Cummings till I did this.

Quick Reply: dpf delete