Pioneer Avic-D3

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 05:16 PM
stroken
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pioneer Avic-D3

Just ordered mine friday, will be here wednesday, I am installing this in my 03 superduty. Can the Navi and dvd play be overrided? if so how? Does it need a special wire hareness to hook it up, other then the one you can buy at walmart? Pros? Cons? THANKS!!!

Old 12-02-2007, 12:38 PM
riggz
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Where did you order it from? The best deal on the net now is from SonicElectronix.com. You get an install kit and a wire harness. included in the price. And the warranty is through them which has great reviews.

Check out AVIC411.com for loads of info on how to do the bypass for the DVD and navi while in motion. Basically all you have to do is ground the parking brake lead and move the mute wire up one slot in the main wire harness and then ground it as well. You will also need to trim your dash if you haven't already.

I just installed mine a few weeks ago and love it. It was a much better choice vs the Z2 as the D3's interface is much newer and you can change the color scheme to match the ford green dash lights.

Old 12-02-2007, 04:55 PM
MattyNJ
Senior User
I thought Z2 was the newest tech?

Old 12-02-2007, 05:26 PM
gistecknician
Junior User
Yes it can...check out www.avic411.com for all of your questions. They are a forum completely dedicated to the Pioneer AVIC series.

Good Luck, and Drive Safely

Last edited by gistecknician; 12-02-2007 at 05:27 PM. Reason: oopsie
Old 12-02-2007, 08:49 PM
O1COBRA
Senior User
Yeah they can. Pretty easy too. Check Avic 411 under one of the many BYPASS threads and itll tell you how to do it. You basically have to connect the wire that is suppost to connect to the parking break and i think the yellow "always on" wire to your ground as well as switch the position of one wire in your harness. Check Avic 411 for sure. I did it and it works great. Good luck and enjoy.

Old 12-12-2007, 12:28 AM
riggz
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MattyNJ
I thought Z2 was the newest tech?
The D3 is newer, but the Z2 has a bit more. Like a hard drive based nav system and 10gig for ripping CDs. It also has a voice command system that lets you countrol some of the units features with voice commands. The interface is also a bit more animated, but lacking in color and seems laggy at times. The Z2 does not have the option to change the button colors or the color layout on the screen. This was a big issue with me and why I went with the D3. If they implement these features into a Z3 I will consider upgrading.