2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

door adjustments on 06 supercab

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 11:14 AM
vinnyhoosier
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
door adjustments on 06 supercab

Does anyone Know of any adjustments on the supers.I have an 06 and it seems like the driver door could be tighter to the 2nd door.It doesn't make a bunch of noise,just every now and then

Old 11-02-2007, 11:55 AM
berry1234
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Tighter in which regards? You mean it should shut closer to the body? If thats the case, draw an outline around the striker with a washable marker or crayon. Loosen the striker bolts, but don't take them off. Move the striker hook in towards the body just a tad, say 1/16 to 1/8" of an inch. May take a bit of hammering on the hook. Tighten the bolts and shut the door. Play around with that until it closes easily and has a tighter fit.

The door can be adjusted through the bolts on the hinges, but this is a more complicated process.

Old 11-02-2007, 01:13 PM
vinnyhoosier
Freshman User
Thanks Berry,I'll have to look into it this weekend

Old 11-02-2007, 01:16 PM
berry1234
Postmaster
Originally Posted by vinnyhoosier
Thanks Berry,I'll have to look into it this weekend
No problem. I think you need a t40 driver for the striker bolts. There is a kind of rubber that holds the striker bolts/nuts/ in posistion and you will notice when you loosen the bolts and push the striker by hand it works it way back to posistion. This is why I mention outlining the original position. Even with hitting it with a hammer, it likes to spring back a bit. Let us know how it works.

Old 11-02-2007, 02:45 PM
riored4v
Senior User
i need to do this as well since i noticed a bit of extra movement when offroad the other week.

so you just move the striker hooks that are on the body correct, not the one on the back door? just double checking since i noticed there is a striker hook on the top and the bottom of the body, and then another one on the center of the back door.

Old 11-03-2007, 06:51 AM
vinnyhoosier
Freshman User
Wink

Thanks again Berry,I went ahead and tried to adjust them after I got home from work.It didn't seem like I moved them in very much from my marks,but I took it out and drove it and it made alot of difference.They're much more quiet than they were before,More than I thought they would be from such a small move of the strikers

Old 11-03-2007, 07:07 AM
duckduke
More Turbo
Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
I just picked up an '06 SCAB about 2 weeks ago.

After only having 3-4 days, I went to close the front door without the back/cab door being shut all the way.

The front door (at the top) pushed in behind the rear........basically behind that wide black vertical molding. The only thing to do was to pull the doors open/apart the best I could..............in doing so..........the rear black molding pulled out from the door and bent. I bent it back somewhat but once it bends....it's bent.

I have a new one ordered.

The guy at the Ford Dealer body shop looked at it the other day......I mentioned that it looked like the driver side door was sagging at that the two drivers side doors were closer together at the top than bottom. I told him I thought the front needed some upward adjustment. (A service guy who was with us looked at it .....and the passenger side....and he thought the same thing, that they were too close on the drivers side.)

The body guy was very resistant to the thought of adjusting the doors. He said that there is very little tollerance for moving the doors. If you adjust one thing it could easily throw everything off. If you adjust......you have to be very careful but he acted like if was shutting fine.......it best be left alone.

Just thought I would share this. Not sure how accurate it is but I thought you might want to consider and be careful in making adustments on the SCAB doors. Hope this helps!!

Last edited by duckduke; 11-03-2007 at 07:12 AM.
Old 11-03-2007, 10:44 AM
Ogio
Junior User
Originally Posted by duckduke
I just picked up an '06 SCAB about 2 weeks ago.

After only having 3-4 days, I went to close the front door without the back/cab door being shut all the way.

The front door (at the top) pushed in behind the rear........basically behind that wide black vertical molding. The only thing to do was to pull the doors open/apart the best I could..............in doing so..........the rear black molding pulled out from the door and bent. I bent it back somewhat but once it bends....it's bent.

I have a new one ordered.

The guy at the Ford Dealer body shop looked at it the other day......I mentioned that it looked like the driver side door was sagging at that the two drivers side doors were closer together at the top than bottom. I told him I thought the front needed some upward adjustment. (A service guy who was with us looked at it .....and the passenger side....and he thought the same thing, that they were too close on the drivers side.)

The body guy was very resistant to the thought of adjusting the doors. He said that there is very little tollerance for moving the doors. If you adjust one thing it could easily throw everything off. If you adjust......you have to be very careful but he acted like if was shutting fine.......it best be left alone.

Just thought I would share this. Not sure how accurate it is but I thought you might want to consider and be careful in making adustments on the SCAB doors. Hope this helps!!
You can adjust all the doors and even the fenders. It's not rocket science and yes, sometimes you have to adjust all three to get the lines right. A minor adjustment won't be noticebale. The gaps on these trucks are not that tight anyhow. Walk around and look at the gaps none are really equal from the factory.

As for the striker, you really have to hit it to get it to move. The bolts are held in place with a rubber or sponge like material.

Old 11-06-2007, 12:54 PM
riored4v
Senior User
glad to hear it worked out for you vinny.

sounds like its the 2 inner strikers that will need to be inwards. thanks again for the input on this thread.

looks like i have a small project this weekend.

Old 11-06-2007, 12:55 PM
berry1234
Postmaster
I did all four of my expy doors in 15 minutes. From the factory they are not perfect.