EGR hose problems.. where do they plug into??

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 03:15 PM
FourPointTwo97
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question EGR hose problems.. where do they plug into??

my truck is a 1998 (pre 1/14/98) f-150 4.2L V6.. aluminum intake plenum..

my new engine is installed, and alllmost ready to go.. everythings done except 3 little hoses.. i'll start with the one that seems to be the biggest problem.. theres a metal y-pipe that comes out of the water pump.. its sealed with an o-ring.. the 2 larger hoses are plugged in, (if i remember correctly theyre for the heater core) but theres a tiny little metal tube that comes out of the top-most hose.. right under the throttle body, curves about 90-degrees upward.. and its about.. 1/4".. or 1/3" in thickness.. i'm stumped.. i dont know what plugs into it...

now for the other 2.. one is a plastic hose about 1/2" thick.. it's plastic, it has a slight curve about half way through, and a 90 curve on the end, with a rubber grommet.. its coming from the PCV.. and i dont know where the other end goes.. aaand the other hose is about the same thickness.. its all rubber.. with a metal clamp on the end.. it's coming off the back of the intake... theyr both about a 1-1/2ft long.. and located on the passenger side (left side looking at engine).. if i have to i might try to start the truck with them plugged.. but i'm thinking they could affect the IMRC actuators.. because they run on vacuum.. i really want to get it right.. i spent all this money on this truck its all ready but this is whats been holding me up...

thanks for reading any help is appreciated..

(if you need a 4.2L short block for your f-150.. let me know.. $1300 3/yr unlimited mi. warranty.. all new internals.. timed, ready to go.. located in Grand Rapids, MI. i'll give you the link and phone number.. theyr in stock ready to ship/pickup. very fast service..) "Accurate Engines"

Old 10-18-2007, 06:37 PM
BrianA
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Major apologies for not repsonding sooner. I have been out of touch a bit here lately.

Did you ever get the hoses hooked up?
If not, I'll grab the haynes manual and see if I can help.

Again, sorry for the delay in responding.