Michigan Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Toyman

Websight Idea

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 10:20 AM
Talyn
Hotshot
Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts
Websight Idea

So, while peeing this morning i got an epifiny.

Rate your officer dot com.

I duno if there is a rate your officer sight.
But the idea behind the sight is, you go there and rate the police officer you delt with. List reasons why you were pulled over or what not and with a list of so many questions 1-10 scale you rate your officer.

I think its a kinda neat idea. People might put some really crapy stuff on there if they are spitefull, but these are the defenders of teh people, and they are public servents. They are technically below us, but around to keep us from destroying others properties and voilateing their rights (not some of the stuff they give you tickets for now)

Old 11-10-2007, 01:22 PM
IDMooseMan
Postmaster
Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts
Sounds like a good idea.

Does this mean you get pulled over on a regular basis?

Old 11-10-2007, 03:07 PM
sgtrwg
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a question,"They are technically below us" what is this supposed to mean?
Are you saying that police officers are second class citizens?
I would think that the second class and lower types are the ones that are not smart enough to respect others property or rights and ascribe to "if it feels good do it" no matter what or who it might hurt.

Bob G

Last edited by sgtrwg; 11-10-2007 at 03:08 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 11-10-2007, 03:09 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I guarantee such a site would be FLAME WARS FROM HELL right out of the box....

Moderating it would be nearly impossible.

Old 11-10-2007, 03:14 PM
Sgt Wonderful
More Turbo
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I heard of holding your own and dreaming, but this is way different then I would imagine a young man thinking while holding his own..

Old 11-10-2007, 03:36 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
You may have an officer living right next door, and not even know it. For that matter - you may have a terrorist right next door and not know.

Peace Officers are those who have invested a lot of themselves in an occupation that is thankless in many cases, the only thing that keeps our laws from being totally ignored, harmful to themselves since it one of the highest risk occupations on earth, and are plain ordinary people in the first place.

Never forget that I stand on record right here and say this -

YOU COULD NOT WANT for a better example of an outright hero than a Police Officer.

The job itself erodes some, and some don't deserve the job if they can not be objective and fair. But by far - those who serve in that capacity are the finest people you may ever know. You should know one, and learn from it if you can.

They who do that for an occupation are made of clay just like the rest of us, and chose to become something to protect us from our own negative natures. THAT is not an easy thing to do

Old 11-11-2007, 06:31 AM
bigredtruckmi
Lead Driver
Received 218 Likes on 50 Posts
Greywolf has it right.... What other person would stand in harms way to protect you and your property! I have served in the Military Police as a reservist and some of the stories the others had from the large cities (as reguar police officers) would curl your hair. There are so many officers serving who do NOT want their names divulged because they are undercover or special ops it would serve no good service to rate them.

Old 11-11-2007, 09:13 AM
Sgt Wonderful
More Turbo
O.K guys, enough police office stuff. Next it will be firemen, and then who know's what, Politicians? This is Veterans Day, if you want to say something, say thanks to a Veteran. ENOUGH, this is about FORD TRUCKS.

Last edited by Sgt Wonderful; 11-11-2007 at 09:20 AM.
Old 11-11-2007, 12:36 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
I am a veteran, and spending this weekend getting my truck back together so I can go back to work. Half of basic just doesn't cover everything.

I dropped in here on a break from the cramped little shop I'm working in

Old 11-11-2007, 12:45 PM
Sgt Wonderful
More Turbo
Smile

Thanks for your service Greywolf, and all you other vets too.

Last edited by Sgt Wonderful; 11-11-2007 at 12:48 PM.
Old 11-11-2007, 12:47 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
'Preciate it, keep the faith!

Old 11-11-2007, 01:29 PM
bbender85
Logistics Pro
Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts
wow, this got deep quick.

Old 11-11-2007, 04:01 PM
Talyn
Hotshot
Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts
Hahaha.
I love how people take things out of context. but i'm sure it would happen.

Police officers are not second class citizens. Everyone is equal.
However the people are supposto be the Higest power in our republic. Government works for the people. We pay the police to protect us.

But some police are just plain jerks and rude, or dont do their job. Lazy bums who just sit in their car all day.

Sgt Wonderfull is correct. Police officers are nothing compared to military people who put their life on the line. They keep our country safe. Police just make sure the morons stay in line.

It was just an idea.
However, everyone who said it would be a flame war is correct. There is just to much variables for it. This is what all my other sources have said.

anyways. Enough of this topic. =)

Old 11-11-2007, 05:49 PM
cmpd1781
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Talyn
Police officers are not second class citizens. Everyone is equal.

But some police are just plain jerks and rude, or dont do their job. Lazy bums who just sit in their car all day.

Sgt Wonderfull is correct. Police officers are nothing compared to military people who put their life on the line. They keep our country safe. Police just make sure the morons stay in line.
1. Thank you for that.....Can I be your equal?

2. I suppose that jerks, rude people, those who don't do their jobs, and lazy bums can be found in all jobs and professions.

3. I'm not sure that this is what Sgt Wonderful said, but some of us served in the military AND became police officers afterwards---and some departments are short-staffed because some of their members got called up (multiple times) to go to Iraq and Afghanistan---so they are working the streets for a living AND getting shot at overseas when Uncle Sam calls up......I hope THEY get a little respect anyways......

Peace

Old 11-11-2007, 05:54 PM
sgtrwg
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"But some police are just plain jerks and rude, or dont do their job. Lazy bums who just sit in their car all day."

As I recall from Marine Corps boot camp many many years ago there are always that 5% that ruins it for everyone else and it appears to me that you have had occasion to meet some of the 5%ers.

It is truly unfortunate that such a small number of individuals are able to cause people to form opinions of everyone in a profession because of how they act. I will tell you that the 30 years that I spent in law-enforcement along with my time in the Marine Corps I have come to realize that people should be judged on their personal actions and not lumped into some group.

So enough of all of this stuff and back to Ford Trucks.

Happy Birthday to all you Marines out there and Happy Veterans Day!!!!!!

Bob G

Quick Reply: Websight Idea