Project Update!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 10:52 PM
jseim44
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Project Update!!!!

Listen up fellas......

It's been awhile since we've had one of these, so post up and let us know what's going on with everyone's projects (pics are awesome.......yet I have none at this time).

I'll go first.

Ol' Blue.......I rebuilt my 390 my last semester of high school. It is now somewhat hot (headers, 4 bbl, Comp 280H cam, flat top pistons) and runs great. There are black marks on the highway to prove this. Dad backed into a few weeks ago and hit the door. Luckily, that door was full of bondo and needed replaced anyway. I was able to pickup a door from a junkyard here in Hastings for $75. It has only light surface rust and 4 dents in it. I have also changed the box to the brown one in my gallery......darn pickup is 3 different colors!!!!

Little White.......with 188,000 miles on her the rear end is about gone so a buddy of mine is gonna rebuild it for me (he goes to school for automotive.....I'm diesel tech baby!!!) so I will be good to go for awhile. It goes in Thursday to have an alignment done and will also get the exhaust re-done. I currently have a 12" glasspack split out into duals with 3.5" tips. It will have true duals with no mufflers and nice new shiny 4" SS tips to replace my crappy, pitted, rusted 3.5"ers. I'm very anxious to get it back and drive it.....

On a sadder note, my old man just traded his '97 in on an '07 Dodge with the scared "HEMI" in it........Ol Blue just might her get a race soon........

-Jake

P.S. - What a book huh? Hopefully pics will follow soon!!!!

Old 09-27-2007, 09:56 PM
TwelveAlpha
Elder User
Hmmm. Projects.
Well I swapped out my S&B filter for an AIS. I just last week started getting a funny start and some grey smoke so I think its time for a new GPR.
I got a nice shed built in my backyard. Almost done. That one was on the honey do list for, oh, 6 years now? Nice to have it about knocked out.
Work I just finished a prototype chair, I wont say for who but its definately a big "feather in your cap" client. If they like it, I'll stand to make about 100 units. That'd be keen. I'm hoping to present my proposal Monday.
I have a 7yo who's almost 5 ft tall and 86 lbs who wants to drive a big black superduty with big tires, a lift, and flames when he gets big. I have a 2yo princess whose favorite word now is "pretty!" - - usually accompanied by her dumping nail polish on the bathroom tile. And an 8 month old who say bbbrbp. That keeps things entertaining.
My official geekdom status was confirmed recently when I discovered that I'm in the top 5% worldwide at an online wargame I play. Gawd, thats awful, isn't it? I might need a life.
I saw my first 08 F250 in lots of pieces today. Up on the lift, cab is off, parts in the bed, parts on the floor, parts on the bench. I was looking at its pistons. Some kind of serious coolant issue messing with the whole thing. That poor guy. 2000 miles and his truck is already in 200 pieces. They even had an INTL guy from Indy out to help assess the problem.

Old 09-27-2007, 10:00 PM
jseim44
Posting Guru
Just thought I'd say I picked Little White up today. Holy cow, she talks now. Definitly alot deeper sound and has some cackle in it. I'm not sure if they ran 2.25" or 2.5" pipes, but it sounds wicked!!!!

-Jake

Old 10-16-2007, 12:30 AM
FordTrucksKickGM
Posting Guru
Currently Im putting together a freshened 400 with a Comp XE256H cam. After reading about the recent changes in modern motor oil I wish I woulda gone with a full roller. But this is just gonna get me by for now. Right now its sittin in my 78 F-250 SuperCab 4x4 Lariat. Hopefully it will be running by the end of the week. After the motor is done I will be working on that bigass D60 I found. Im gonna freshen that up with new seals, bearings, brakes and some sort of locker. After that is done then Im gonna get a 6" lift, some 37's and install the D60 with crossover steering. Those sound like reasonable goals but who knows when it will all get done.

Old 10-30-2007, 10:20 PM
jseim44
Posting Guru
I need to get my ....self.... in gear and get some more things done on blue. Basically I need to order weatherstripping, window channels, mirrors, and a few other little things like that. I'm thinking that pretty soon I'll go get some estimates on body work.....I'm kinda scared but that's the way it is. Right now it's looking like over Thanksgiving break I'm gonna pull my engine and tranny. My rear main is leaking, that needs addressed since it bothers me even when I don't drive it. I'm also going have the tranny freshed/shift kit/stall convertor. Should be a fun ride when I get it all buttoned back up. I also need to update my galleries!!!!

-Jake

(I feel like babbling in random threads tonight if no one noticed)

Old 10-31-2007, 07:44 AM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Received 222 Likes on 181 Posts
Hmmm....Projects..well, unfortunately, nothing vehicle related. Well, okay, I do have to help my brother haul his pickup out to Wyoming on sunday. He's selling it to a friend of his, so we're throwing it on a trailer, and going to pull it out with the '06.

I'll be taking my 3yr. old daughter trick or treating tonight. That should be fun! Been working on the bar in the basement also. Hoping to have it done here in a few weeks. That's about it for me!

Old 11-12-2007, 07:56 PM
jseim44
Posting Guru
Well, time for an update again.....
Blue is currently in the auto shop at school with no tranny in her. One of the guys in tranny's right now needed a project, and he's one of three in that shop that I trust to work on my junk. By the end of the week I will have a fresh C6 with a B & M TransPak in it!!!! I'm pretty anxious to see what happens next. I figure I can't really go wrong here, just have to pay for parts!!!! It's cost me a whole $185 for a new tranny!!!!!

On a sadder note, I balanced my check book the other day......looks like I'm either gonna have to find someone in the auto body program that's good, or save up more money before I get that taken care of. If I have to save money it'll be awhile.........being in college with no job is more expensive than I thought!!! (maybe it's this darn pickup???)

-Jake

Old 12-05-2007, 04:17 PM
jseim44
Posting Guru
Well, prompted by a question in another thread, here's an update from my side of the river.........

So the boys got my tranny rebuilt and put her in......no reverse. Something wrong in the valve body.....for some reason they decided to pull the whole thing out, rather than just drop the pan and the vavle body. OK, no big deal. So they're putting it back in and I started helping because I got done with my diesel credits.....for some reason it wouldn't pull up to the engine on the one side. Ended up breaking part of the bellhousing. Pull the tranny back out and find out the convertor wasn't put in right this time. Awesome. I ended up getting a B & M Holeshot 2400......

Convertor: $350
Case welded and new pump gears: $375

Very ouch.

Will be running by tomorrow or Friday.

-Jake

Old 12-05-2007, 04:19 PM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Ouch! Okay, now I know what you meant! Hopefully, you'll have her runnin' this weekend!

Old 12-05-2007, 04:20 PM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Oh, look , that was post 750! Don't I get a set of steak knives or something??

Old 12-05-2007, 04:21 PM
jseim44
Posting Guru
Hum, I don't know......maybe you will be obligated to make a donation to the "Keep Ol' Blue running" fund.........

-Jake

Old 12-05-2007, 04:23 PM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Hee hee...your funny Jake.... Hey, that's not true, is it??? Oh man, now everyone will want cash...LOL!

Old 12-05-2007, 04:25 PM
jseim44
Posting Guru
Eh, maybe you'll get lucky and you and I will be the only ones that know about it.........

-Jake

Old 12-05-2007, 04:27 PM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Great, now I gotta pay you to keep quiet also...boy, this is getting pricey! Hey, if you get a chance, I posted an new member thread (15 newbies since yesterday!), stop in and check it out.

Old 12-06-2007, 06:04 PM
gquinn8516
Elder User
Hello All:

New poster to the Nebraska Group but not to FTE. I have normally visited the 67 - 72 and 48 - 60 site as that is what I have been building.

My Projects - 1956 F100 - I am getting my 56 Chassis ready to put my motor mounts, tranny mounts and Brake master cylinder in and will have done hopefully by the end of December. Once those are done it all comes back apart for sandblasting and painting. Have also found a place that I can get my computer, Mass Air, Injectors and wire harness built special for my 5.0. I will post some new photos soon of this project.

69 F100 4X4 - My latest addition was putting the Factory air unit I purchased from my local Junk Yard in my truck. Rebuilt the air box, new compressor - Works GREAT!! Put R12 in it and it is COLD! Had to put new Tires on it this summer because some Dirt Bag decided to slash 12 Vehicles in my neighborhood last summer. This is my work truck so I built it to pull and haul. The 360 has a little more umph than stock and it gets GREAT GAS MILAGE - NOT!

Quick Reply: Project Update!!!!