N. California Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Nighteyez

My old 65 is finally getting a rest

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 04:57 PM
jd_sylvia
Posting Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My old 65 is finally getting a rest

Well I start a new job Monday and got to pick out my new truck last week, so the 65 will now be a weekend driver insted of my main form of transportation.

The only down fall is tha company I am going to work for say I can have any truck on the lot as long as it is a Chevy. So I will be driving a 2007 Silverado extended cab. I even get to haul my boat around with it so the 65 will not be making a trip to Oregon with the boat in tow.

The old 65 does a great job of getting my fishing boat to and from the lake but it sure will be nice to have A/C on the ride home.

Any tips for storage.

Old 07-04-2007, 05:00 PM
oldhawkins
Junior User
storage for the boat or the truck? lol =)

Old 07-04-2007, 10:16 PM
WillyB
Post Fiend
I like the new Chevy's - they are comfortable and fast. Wish someone would give me one to drive!

Where they fall short is when you need to work them hard, and the cost of maintaining them. It is easy to spend $1500 over a radiator leak.

But you will not be working the truck, and someone else will be paying for the repairs, so enjoy the comfort.

As for your 65, I would park it out of the sun, and keep it street legal so I could drive it every 6 to 8 weeks. You need to drive it far enough to make sure everything is oiled and presurized - it does very little good to just start it. It needs to be driven for an afternoon.

Old 07-04-2007, 11:25 PM
Mecinoid
Elder User
Yeah what ^ says.