2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The tundra forum is going crazy! LOL

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 06:38 PM
mbogosia
More Turbo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The tundra forum is going crazy! LOL

They just can't get over the bed bounce issue. LOL I like to browse their forum and look at pics, read, etc.. but lately every thread is someone complaining about a problem. I have to say it is getting pretty funny. I think I made the right choice in my 07 F150.

http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/tundra/

Old 06-29-2007, 06:59 PM
MBBFord
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I like how they say: "It's a truck, I expect it to do that, if I would of wanted a smooth ride I would of bought a Caddy."

If a bed bounceing so badly it looks like it's going to fall OFF is normal, I wouldn't want to see how NORMAL these people are.

Old 06-29-2007, 07:06 PM
rockstate45
Posting Guru
[QUOTE=mbogosia]They just can't get over the bed bounce issue. LOL I like to browse their forum and look at pics, read, etc.. but lately every thread is someone complaining about a problem. I have to say it is getting pretty funny. I think I made the right choice in my 07 F150.

http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/tundra/[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they're going berzerk! I posted a thread over there (because I'm a Tundra owner now ) about how crazy it is. I have the same username there as I do here.

On bad sections of the freeway do you all experience bad bed bounce like we all do?

Here's a link with a video: http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forum...ed-bounce-vid/

-rockstate

Old 06-29-2007, 08:53 PM
guessrow
Tuned
rockstate- opinions???

do you like your tundra?? Which is better? Would you buy a ford instead next time? Mileage differences? Fit & finish? Price difference?

good luck -jim

Old 06-29-2007, 09:19 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I have never experience bed bounce at any speeds on any road. I'd hate to put a blower on a Tundra and drive it at high speed.... scary!

Old 06-29-2007, 09:44 PM
Tom
Super Moderator
Received 672 Likes on 441 Posts
There are some very good points here, but....look at our forum here! Complaining about this is broken...that is broken...my truck does this...my truck does that....

Remember the IWE issues...the steering "nibble" issue...the cam phaser issue....

Any mass produced truck is going to have imperfections...and so far the Toy seems to be doing well, if bed bouncing is the worst you see on that forum.

That being said...I honestly think our Fords are the best built trucks out there...

Old 06-29-2007, 09:50 PM
mbogosia
More Turbo
Yeah I still think the Tundra is a cool truck. It is just new and is going to have some issues. Oh well, it is still funny watching all the posts.

Old 06-30-2007, 12:13 AM
Wr3ckin_Cr3w
Senior User
holy crap did any of yall watch that video? thats horrible. im glad i got a F150

Old 06-30-2007, 01:01 AM
rockstate45
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by guessrow
do you like your tundra?? Which is better? Would you buy a ford instead next time? Mileage differences? Fit & finish? Price difference?

good luck -jim
Well, I've been a Ford guy at heart since I was able to talk, or so my Mom says.

So far, so good on my Tundra. I think the fit and finish is excellent and so far, no real complaints. The biggest one is the bed bouncing issue on bad stretches of highway. On any other road it rides great. Max payload for my Tundra is 1650lbs and I had them drop "3/4" a yard of dirt in there (looked like almost a full yard) and the truck was more or less level. I had excellent acceleration and braking with no real signs of stress. The truck redlines around 6 grand and I could get in and out of traffic pretty quickly by letting it shift at less than 3 grand.

I'm not entirely sure on the price difference, but I'd say it's a very solid truck that Toyota did nail the market with.

If I had it my way, I'd definitely be driving an F-150 BUT, the parents had to put me in a truck with side airbags and traction control (both of which the F-150 does not have). I will say this honestly, I think Toyota builds a great truck and that after two months of driving it, I wouldn't give it up in a New York minute. Give me like 30 seconds and then we'll be talkin a whole 'nother issue .

I actually blew the pants off of an F150 tonight with Super Duty tow mirrors and if I can, I'll go ahead and post the crummy picture I took of it tonight.

Any mass produced truck is going to have imperfections...and so far the Toy seems to be doing well, if bed bouncing is the worst you see on that forum.

That being said...I honestly think our Fords are the best built trucks out there...
You're right. They had like 20 cam failures but apparently Toyota caught that early and only a few were built during that time period. I think the camshaft failures have been the worst we've seen on the forum but the bed bouncing is getting the most attention... I guess they forgot to take their ADD medicine this morning.

And yes, you're right, Fords are the best built trucks.

-rockstate

Old 06-30-2007, 07:53 AM
mbogosia
More Turbo
I will admit I am prety jealous of the Tundra's engine and 6 speed transmission. Granted, I have a 4.6L with 3.55's so I am not giving myself Fords best chance.

Old 06-30-2007, 08:07 AM
Tom
Super Moderator
Did not see any cam failure threads, only references to them...what caused them to fail?

Two ways to look at this....

How many F150 3v 5.4s have had the cam phaser issue? I'm sure a lot more than 50 or 60....

BUT.....how many F150s with the 3v 5.4 are there on the road? AT LEAST 10-15x the number of Tundra 5.7s...

You know...I thought about buying a Tundra when I went looking at the truck I had now, that I bought in March. The problem is that if I were to get a comparable truck to mine, which would have to be the CrewMax Tundra, as the back seat in the regular double cab is almost unusable...The MSRP would be well over $36k. With no discounts. No special APR. Couldn't afford one the way I would want it, even if I had decided I wanted a Tundra instead.

But why would I have done that? I LOVE MY TRUCK!!!!!

Old 06-30-2007, 12:00 PM
rockstate45
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by mbogosia
I will admit I am prety jealous of the Tundra's engine and 6 speed transmission. Granted, I have a 4.6L with 3.55's so I am not giving myself Fords best chance.
\

The engine and tranny do work pretty well. It has a natural engine braking on downhills where if you touch the brakes for a second, the truck will downshift and hold it at that speed until you touch the accelerator pedal again. The tow/haul mode works great as well using a lot of engine braking for stopping.

I've heard those 4.6s are pretty good engines at least. We have one in the '07 Sport Trac and it has some nice giddy up... almost sounds supercharged with a little bit of a whine in the higher RPMs.

You know...I thought about buying a Tundra when I went looking at the truck I had now, that I bought in March. The problem is that if I were to get a comparable truck to mine, which would have to be the CrewMax Tundra, as the back seat in the regular double cab is almost unusable...The MSRP would be well over $36k. With no discounts. No special APR. Couldn't afford one the way I would want it, even if I had decided I wanted a Tundra instead.
Yeah, my double cab SR5 but in a crewmax would easily have been like 4 grand more. I don't understand how there is that much of a price difference. In my truck though, people don't have a problem sitting in the back and they are quite amused by the fact it's a four door instead of an extended cab. The only thing I don't like about it is that the seatback is just a LITTLE bit too steep and the rear windows are kinda weird to look out of since there is such a large C-pillar. Other than those, they're pretty comfy, just not as comfy as my Expedition. There's more room back there than our '03 4runner as well.

I do like the Crewmax because of the sliding seat but it's not nearly enough to justify the large price difference.

-rockstate

Old 06-30-2007, 01:04 PM
Tom
Super Moderator
Yeah, but Ford's doing the exact same thing...as well as all the other full size trucks... The biggest cab is ALWAYS $3-4k more...

Worth the extra money for me...but you have to wonder why so much more!

Old 06-30-2007, 02:25 PM
rockstate45
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Crazy001
Yeah, but Ford's doing the exact same thing...as well as all the other full size trucks... The biggest cab is ALWAYS $3-4k more...

Worth the extra money for me...but you have to wonder why so much more!
I never really noticed that until I was looking at Toyotas. I agree, in a Ford or the other Domestics I'd get the Supercrew, etc., but I think in the Toyota the Double Cab is just in between the Supercab and the Supercrew - it's a nice mix.

Edit: Come to think of it, magazines and such would always test the Double Cab versus the Supercrews alike. I'm not entirely sure if that's an availability issue of the Crewmax or if interior room is th at simliar...

-rockstate

Last edited by rockstate45; 06-30-2007 at 03:05 PM.
Old 06-30-2007, 05:04 PM
Tom
Super Moderator
That's true...same with the Dodge Quad Cab...

I've sat in the back of the Dodge quad cab, the F150 Screw and Scab, and the new Tundra Double Cab and CrewMax. Can't argue that the Dodge Mega Cab and Toyota Crew Max are bigger than the F150 Screw...

But it seems as if everyone always compares the "4 door extended cab" trucks to the Ford Screw, which to me isn't fair. The Super Cab F150 has almost identical leg room to the Dodge Quad Cab and, IMHO the Toy Double Cab.

oh well...to each their own, I guess

Quick Reply: The tundra forum is going crazy! LOL