Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > General > The Next Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

The Next Generation For those ages 15-25.

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-19-2007, 05:02 PM
Pestiferous Nuisance

Greywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputation
Looking back...

A lot of who we are is about who we are with.

If we surround ourselves with people who fail - we learn that.

TO FAIL...

Look for better. It will help you.

I wish someone had told me that twenty years ago....

~Wolf
Old 05-20-2007, 10:11 PM
Posting Guru

bigun72 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
yer older than 25 man , get outta here haha

http://www.fordfullsize.com/forum/index.php
Old 05-21-2007, 12:45 AM
FTE is my crack

jake00 has a brilliant futurejake00 has a brilliant futurejake00 has a brilliant futurejake00 has a brilliant futurejake00 has a brilliant futurejake00 has a brilliant futurejake00 has a brilliant futurejake00 has a brilliant futurejake00 has a brilliant futurejake00 has a brilliant futurejake00 has a brilliant future
true words,

play in crap, you'll smell like crap
Old 05-21-2007, 05:44 AM
Posting Guru

93F250 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Very true. Water seeks it's own level.
Old 05-21-2007, 09:24 AM
Postmaster

cdrmotorsports has a good reputation on FTE.cdrmotorsports has a good reputation on FTE.cdrmotorsports has a good reputation on FTE.
So true... (sorry, I can't come up with a metaphor lol).

1995 Ford F350 XLT Regular Cab 4X4 7.3L PSD With 8.5' Diamond Plow
Old 05-21-2007, 11:21 AM
Postmaster

Franken-Truck has a very good reputation on FTE.Franken-Truck has a very good reputation on FTE.Franken-Truck has a very good reputation on FTE.
Very true. . .what if you're a Loner?

And a metaphor. . .

Um, an outgoing tide. . .takes everything with it? And then you get that low tide smell thats really bad. . .???
1987 F-250 4x4
VIRGINIA CHAPTER
Virginia Chapter Website
Old 05-21-2007, 08:51 PM
Pestiferous Nuisance

Greywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputation
How about "RIDE HIGH! When the tide goes out maybe it will take you along..."

Serious, find really good people to be with. It cain't hurt, can it?

PS: I'm 18 until they bury my wild self. Mick Jagger on the other hand, has been MUMMIFIED.

Last edited by Greywolf; 05-21-2007 at 08:53 PM.
Old 05-22-2007, 12:35 PM
Postmaster

Peter94 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Peter94 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
A few things I've learned leaving high school. If you like working on trucks, dont pretend to like partying and getting wasted every weekend to be popluar. Dont try to be someone who you are not. Now that i'm in college, i can still see the people who did that all their high school life. They are now lame. They're the ones who dont know how to change a flat tire. They can dress nice, drive a nice new looking car, but they dont know anything about it, and they themselves are actually hollow.

Its okay to be a loaner. If you dont feel comfortable with the crowd your trying to hang out with, thats a red flag saying dont hang out with these people anymore. If you just be yourself and do your own thing, you'll turn out fine. Thats what I did through high school after trying to get into the "prep" click. I just gave up and said screw you guys, i'm doing my own thing. I wound up being one of those "everybodys friend" kids throughout the rest of highschool, and now that i'm in college, I"ve met a few choice freinds who share the same hobbies as I do. I would say they'll be friends for life. They both drive chevies though.

Old 05-22-2007, 04:10 PM
Postmaster

cdrmotorsports has a good reputation on FTE.cdrmotorsports has a good reputation on FTE.cdrmotorsports has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter94
A few things I've learned leaving high school. If you like working on trucks, dont pretend to like partying and getting wasted every weekend to be popluar. Dont try to be someone who you are not.
I agree 100%. There are just wya too many fake people out there. I would rather have no friends and be who I am than be someone I'm not. Luckily I'm who I am and still have some friends!

Old 05-22-2007, 08:10 PM
Pestiferous Nuisance

What I thought was funny about the end of high school was that I ended up having more cash than the "COOL" people who were the life of every party I went to in my school years. And we partied a lot...

I just had a fixation about tools and using them.
Old 05-22-2007, 11:34 PM
Postmaster

Peter94 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Peter94 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greywolf
I just had a fixation about tools and using them.
Thats me in a nutshell! Dont know what it is, but i just have to buy tools I"m looking at a 400 dollar air compressor for my 1 stall garage at my apartment complex. call me crazy.

Old 05-23-2007, 08:59 AM
Postmaster

Quote:
Thats me in a nutshell! Dont know what it is, but i just have to buy tools I"m looking at a 400 dollar air compressor for my 1 stall garage at my apartment complex. call me crazy.
Sounds like me too. I consider tools an investment. I love having tools for ever possible need. Peter94: At least you have a garage. I built a race car two winters ago in one of those portable garages. It was so cold lol.

Old 05-23-2007, 06:33 PM
FTE is my crack

jake00 has a brilliant futurejake00 has a brilliant futurejake00 has a brilliant futurejake00 has a brilliant futurejake00 has a brilliant futurejake00 has a brilliant futurejake00 has a brilliant futurejake00 has a brilliant futurejake00 has a brilliant futurejake00 has a brilliant futurejake00 has a brilliant future
Quote:
dont pretend to like partying and getting wasted every weekend to be popluar. Dont try to be someone who you are not. .

OH SO TRUE.......

I wasn't popular in Highschool, I had my fair share of freinds, but we really never fit into any of the common "groups" in highschool....

now, 9 years later, I have a nice house, a boat, a truck, and a wife, every once in awhile I'll run into one of the "popular" kids from high school, who usually still live with thier folks, may or may not have gone to college (pissed away thier gpa in hs) and usually dont have a decent job.....

Never being "popular" they don't quite know my name, but take several stabs at it....... it's real fun to look at them confusingly and say "Do I know you??"

Last edited by jake00; 05-23-2007 at 07:07 PM.
Old 05-30-2007, 08:48 PM
Posting Guru

ford4life69 is a name known to allford4life69 is a name known to allford4life69 is a name known to allford4life69 is a name known to allford4life69 is a name known to allford4life69 is a name known to all
we made our own group, a group of people who thought the popular crowd was full of idjits.. we were right.. one of said idjits happened to get into an internet class with me a few years out and sure enough she asked me for help with her homework... i said yeah right and went on abt my biz...

sad to say i know some of the popular kids that have decent jobs becuz of their parents money... i just shake my head and keep busting my azz for everthang i got...

perpetually a quarter of a century old huh wolfie?? i honestly don't think i'd want to go back to 25.. 26's been pretty nice to me so far but i dont expect that to last too much longer... *shakin my head*

One child left...
'79 f100 "Silver Bullet" (my baby)
Old 05-30-2007, 09:32 PM
Pestiferous Nuisance

Over time, I have had to take hard looks at both the terms "COOL" and "USELESS".

They have a lot in common...
Old 05-30-2007, 09:32 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > General > The Next Generation