Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Canadian National Chapter > British Columbia
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

British Columbia British Columbia
Join Chapter, Leader: Zip

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-26-2007, 02:39 PM
Senior User

Flatdeck is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Flatdeck is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
What's everyone doing? (truck work)

I wasn't doing anything major, just replacing burnt-out bulbs and broken wiring on the flatdeck. Thinking about going with LEDs for the side markers because I have to buy 2 out of 4, and the rear center 3 tail lights because all 3 are dead. These are those little 2" round lights, sealed so you can't just replace the bulbs of course. So I figured why buy more of the same and have to replace them down the road (no pun intended) when I could have cool-looking LEDs and probably never have to think about them again.

Eventually I'll replace the 4" tail lights with LEDs too... but since they're all working right now I'm just going to leave them.

I managed to find Grote lights online, couldn't find Dominion, and I don't know who else manufactures them. Looking for some nice, bright units with lots of LEDs in them, if anyone has suggestions.

Yeah, what'll probably happen is I'll like the look of the LED markers and 3 rear ones, and will want to swap the tail lights just because.

What are the rest of you doing, if anything?
Greg :: PAA#55
1999.0 F-350 4x4 PSD SRW reg cab, auto, manual xfer case, Warn manual hubs, aluminum flatdeck, VB springs, Predator tuner, 6637, LT285/75R16E Duratracs, 2003 40/20/40, 2005 cupholder, 2005-07 front end, Sirius Starmate 3
Old 04-26-2007, 04:36 PM
Posting Legend

preppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud of
Me not much. I got my dvd player installed in my truck, and right now I got steelie rims on the truck. Just waiting to either find a nice set of rims to put on. This weekend there is a grand opening and a free bbq at a new fountain tire in chilliwack, so im gonna go there, get free bbq, and pick up a set of four silent armour tires. Maybe if I am lucky I can win my set!

LED lights are a cool idea by the way

A good fist fight never hurts anyone... except my opponent.
Old 04-26-2007, 05:34 PM
BC Chapter LDR

Zip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputation
Bought a blower motor at Lordco didn't fit. Long story short they can't get a new one. They called a dealer in Pentiction. Don't have one. So off to Kelowna I go, hoping I can find one in Penticton. Well I got lucky and found on there. Problem with a 99 is many parts are specific to that. Also spent about 45 min at Skaha Ford.
Sold my tuner on ebay, got some touch up paint. My truck has been repainted a little darker than stock and I am having a heck of a time matching the color.

That's about it. Back to work tonight so wont do much with it till Sunday.
Chris,#12 BS'er/Official Slackmaster #7/AVIDEST WINTER HATER
BC Chapter Member/Leader
JOIN THE BC CHAPTER HERE
Zoodad Mod, Blue Spring, Sinister Coolant Filter, Tripple Gauge Pod, Scangauge II, Leveling Kit, Straight Piped
Old 04-26-2007, 10:39 PM
Posting Legend

preppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud of
How come you sold your tuner?

Old 04-26-2007, 11:16 PM
Senior User

Flatdeck is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Flatdeck is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
My darn cupholder isn't working! When I pull it out, it doesn't come out far enough to put a cup in. If I apply more force, it comes out in my hands. Looks like there's a 2nd set of rails that are supposed to slide out, but don't. I'll have to check it out this weekend when I have some time.
1999.0 F-350 4x4 PSD SRW reg cab, auto, manual xfer case, Warn manual hubs, aluminum flatdeck, VB springs, Predator tuner, 6637, LT285/75R16E Duratracs, 2003 40/20/40, 2005 cupholder, 2005-07 front end, Sirius Starmate 3
Old 04-27-2007, 01:12 AM
Posting Legend

Maybe a little lube will help you out there Flatdeck, lube never hurts!

Old 04-27-2007, 03:40 AM
Senior User

Thanks, it's stuck pretty solid in there; hopefully I can just unbolt the assembly and pull the whole thing out for an inspection. Haven't actually looked at it yet; when I discovered the problem I was busy trying to prevent my pop from tipping over onto the seat.

It's always the little things!
Old 04-27-2007, 03:41 AM
BC Chapter LDR

Zip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by preppypyro
How come you sold your tuner?
Wanna get a different one. Looking at an Edge Evolution.
BC Chapter Member/Leader
JOIN THE BC CHAPTER HERE
Zoodad Mod, Blue Spring, Sinister Coolant Filter, Tripple Gauge Pod, Scangauge II, Leveling Kit, Straight Piped
Old 04-27-2007, 03:43 AM
BC Chapter LDR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatdeck
My darn cupholder isn't working! When I pull it out, it doesn't come out far enough to put a cup in. If I apply more force, it comes out in my hands. Looks like there's a 2nd set of rails that are supposed to slide out, but don't. I'll have to check it out this weekend when I have some time.
I know when I got my truck the rails were pretty gummed up. It's broken anyway. I need to find a new one but they are pretty hard to come by.
BC Chapter Member/Leader
JOIN THE BC CHAPTER HERE
Old 04-27-2007, 11:04 AM
Posting Legend

yeah used parts are hard to come by for these trucks. Usually if you find them, they are the wrong color anyways!

Old 04-28-2007, 12:05 AM
Elder User

bchunter is starting off with a positive reputation.
I am saving up $ for lockers.
Old 04-28-2007, 03:43 AM
Senior User

Which lockers are you planning on installing?
Old 04-28-2007, 10:49 AM
Posting Legend

Lockers are so nice to have in a good 4x4 truck. How much are the ones your looking at?

Old 04-28-2007, 10:51 PM
Posting Guru

FirstTry is starting off with a positive reputation.
washed it, oil change tommorow, going full Royal Purple synthetic, finally got a stereo in it again too, and installed my Sirius, havn't hooked it up yet though, new tires on Wednesday

This is the attitude we should ALL have

originally posted by Greywolf

"If I can really get this thing together it will either scatter itself in a million pieces or be the fastest pickup truck on earth."
Old 04-29-2007, 12:18 AM
Posting Legend

Royal purple is supposed to be one of the best oils, good choice. Is it expensive? What kind of tires are you getting?

Old 04-29-2007, 12:18 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Canadian National Chapter > British Columbia

Tags
econoline, ford, garages, skaha, tarped, truck, vans