General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Defining our contemporaries - WHATIS: "ROAD CLOWN"

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 08:30 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Defining our contemporaries - WHATIS: "ROAD CLOWN"

To me it's a jackass that makes driving tuffer for no reason....

The people who cut you off when you have to change lanes just because - they can.

Yeah -

THOSE PEOPLE!

Let's hear your "ROAD CLOWN" stories....

I think there ought to be a bumper or a window sticker like this -

ROAD CLOWNS

SUCK!

Last edited by Greywolf; 04-12-2007 at 08:34 PM.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:29 PM
cmpd1781
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
People that cannot maintain a constant speed on the interstate.......For failure to use cruise control or whatever.........I leave mine on cruise......How is it that you pass someone....You're on cruise and your speed ain't changing......Move up ahead........Go back to the right-hand lane and continue cruising........THEN.....here comes dips--t up your tailpipe.........he (or she) then passes you (and you think.....OK.....no problem......finally decided what speed they wanted to go) and gets in front of you......You're still going the same speed and slowly (or quickly) catch up to that person again and are forced to a) decrease your speed, or b) end up having to pass them again.........I had one jackass do this to me over a 50 or 60 mile stretch about 6 or 7 times..........I was close to driving up that MFs bumper and pushing their sorry a$$e$ off of the road........

Old 04-12-2007, 09:33 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
YEP!

THAT is a "road clown".

They don't know what they want, or how fast they want to go, or even where in hell they are going... They exist simply as nuisance dumb butts on the interstate...

NOTE: "ROAD CLOWN" is a proprietary phrase coined by me tonight, it is intentionally and deliberately intended to encapsulate the worst qualities of an ignorant and worthless motor vehicle operator, and I formally assign such term to the public domain to be used by everybody!

"WELCOME TO THE BIG TOP!"

ROAD CLOWN = STUPID DRIVER

Last edited by Greywolf; 04-12-2007 at 09:50 PM.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:05 PM
Kep4
Jäger
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I'll be encountering Road Clowns tomorrow afternoon... on Highway 46 West of Interstate 5.

Passing Lane Road Clowns:

They drive just below the speed limit on a two-lane highway, they slow down on the smallest of grades but never get over 55 mph no matter how many vehicles are stacked up behind them. Then when the passing lane is coming up, their speed slowly creeps up until you get to the passing lane, then they can suddenly maintain 70 mph! Sometimes 75 mph, whatever screws up everyone who was stacked up behind them and is trying to pass. When the passing lane ends, they back it right down to 55 mph again.

Old 04-12-2007, 10:13 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Quoting Monty Python:

"THOU SHALT NOT PASS!!!"

Or either:

"I'm BAD! I'm ahead of you..."
(Stupid punk!)

NOTED

Any question why I am building a truck for vehicular WARFARE????

Old 04-12-2007, 10:17 PM
conger
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cmpd1781
People that cannot maintain a constant speed on the interstate.......For failure to use cruise control or whatever.........I leave mine on cruise......How is it that you pass someone....You're on cruise and your speed ain't changing......Move up ahead........Go back to the right-hand lane and continue cruising........THEN.....here comes dips--t up your tailpipe.........he (or she) then passes you (and you think.....OK.....no problem......finally decided what speed they wanted to go) and gets in front of you......You're still going the same speed and slowly (or quickly) catch up to that person again and are forced to a) decrease your speed, or b) end up having to pass them again.........I had one jackass do this to me over a 50 or 60 mile stretch about 6 or 7 times..........I was close to driving up that MFs bumper and pushing their sorry a$$e$ off of the road........
It's worse when I'm pulling my trailer and I've got the diesel cruising in it's happy zone and then you get some numb nuts pulling that move. Causes me to burn extra fuel and irritates the hell out of me. Last summer, on our way out to the mountains for a few days and I had some woman in a sub compact doing exactly what your describing. We went about 100 km until she pulling into a rest area. We pulled in behind her and I asked her what she thought she was doing. She just got back in her car and took off. Last we saw of her.

Old 04-12-2007, 10:24 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
They never say sorry....

They don't know how, or even what they did.

Old 04-12-2007, 10:30 PM
bf250
Post Fiend
i hate the idiots who think a parking lot is a formula 1 track.

also, anyone who cruises in the left lane (fast lane) in the interstate.....when they are not going fast, i think washington state has the worst case of that.

and to all the people who feel they have something more important to do while driving than drive.......you all are road clowns.

on edit, i wrote right instead of left lane, i was thinking they need to stay in the right lane.

Last edited by bf250; 04-12-2007 at 11:01 PM.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:51 PM
furball69
Postmaster
Originally Posted by bf250
also, anyone who cruises in the right lane (fast lane) in the interstate.....when they are not going fast, i think washington state has the worst case of that.
Maybe they're from here; the left lane is considered the 'fast lane' or passing lane up here... even though the whole road has the same posted speed limit, regardless of lane choice.

Old 04-12-2007, 11:04 PM
bf250
Post Fiend
i wrote on edit, i meant to say left, but was thinking of rewording while i wrote and put in right, oh well.

i don't know in canada, and not even every state, but i know it is a road rule to stay in the right lane except to pass. there are even signs everwhere but yet a few people do not seem to know what that means.

Old 04-13-2007, 12:53 AM
pfogle
Lead Driver
Around here it's the truck drivers that think that they need to go one mile an hour faster than the rig in front of them that bolucks up the whole mess. That and the idiot that wants to run 105 in the RIGHT lane where traffic is happily going the speed limit, and then playing leap frog.. The highway patrol takes care of those idiots though.... On a 4 lane road (interstate) the right lane is the lane designated as the "Driving" lane, and the left is the "Passing" lane. The only time you should ever be in the left lane is to pass. In germany on the autobahn that's the law. I think the US needs to adopt that law.

Old 04-13-2007, 06:51 AM
Autoglass
Posting Guru
I've put up with ROAD CLOWNS for over 30 years now.
I've had them cut me off, slam on the brakes, pull out in front of me, you name it.
There are a few trailers with the signs on the back,,,
< El Passo El Cruncho>
Some clowns can't read either!
Wide Right Turns, I've had a few try to go between me and the curb,,,, THEY LOST!

I too drive with the cruise control on, BUT!!! Theres always some MORON who can't make up their minds on how fast they want to drive!

Old 04-13-2007, 07:02 AM
nubeee1
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow....All these post just described the driving habit of I-15 from Las Vegas to LA. The Right lane is for passing and the left lane is for taking your sweet Jesus time!! Theres always that few who what to go 100+ MPH, Wile talking on a cell phone! Road Clowns!

Old 04-13-2007, 08:16 AM
ckal704
Postmaster

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
How about the idgit that, when you are in the left lane on cruise and passing another car in the right lane, is right on your a**? And, as you are waiting for an acceptable amount of clearance in front of the car you just passed before moving back to the right lane, impatiently cuts in front of the car you just passed and passes you on the right because he is actually a NASCAR driver and shouldn't have to wait just a few seconds for you to safely make way for him to pass you?
These are the types of drivers that make me fantasize about having kept my old 88 250 gasser and installed custom 4", concrete filled, wraparound, steel pipe bumpers so I could "accidentally" crunch a fender here and there to hopefully make some people think twice about being in such a hurry.

Old 04-13-2007, 09:25 AM
stu37d
Government Teat-sucker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've dealt with all the above, except for the wide right turns (and I've witnessed a few of those, thinking, "What and idiot," knowing that that truck driver has to do all kinds of crazy stuff to avoid the idiot factor), but I hate it when there is not a soul in front of your car for a half mile or so, and the chump that just passed you is barely past your front end when he HAS to get over RIGHT AWAY!!

Quick Reply: Defining our contemporaries - WHATIS: "ROAD CLOWN"