Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Indiana Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Indiana Chapter Join Chapter , Leader:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-31-2007, 07:57 AM
Senior User

CruiserClass is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Biodiesel in Indianapolis area?

Biodiesel.org lists the Crystal Flash on S Meridian as a source of biodiesel, but a call to them confirmed that they do not sell bio. The lady said some truck stops on Harding St sell it but did not know which one or the name of any of them, so I'll have to scout them out.

Does anyone know a source of biodiesel, preferably on the southside of Indianapolis?
Old 04-02-2007, 08:39 PM
Senior User

sneal is starting off with a positive reputation.
sneal41
Co-Op in greenfield sells it. BTY if it is not a daily driver after about 2 weeks it will mold, you can ask me how I know or just take my word for it... The additive would be worth the money.
1997 f350 7.3 PSD, CC, LWB, E4OD, 4X4, fpr shim, 6637, 3-4 dp, stage one 160cc,dp6 pos and tunes, evp delete, no kitty and its muffle went too, IDM (140) mod, 15v Stancor and Gauges. Dominator 66 turbo from Beans!!! and live Beans tunes. Now I need a set of ladder bars and an Aumor bumper w/ air tank!!!
Old 04-03-2007, 05:45 PM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneal
Co-Op in greenfield sells it. BTY if it is not a daily driver after about 2 weeks it will mold, you can ask me how I know or just take my word for it... The additive would be worth the money.
Is that the AG One Co-op on W Osage St?

It is my daily driver except when I ride my Goldwing, but a tank lasts me about two weeks. Does the Co-op sell the additive?
Old 04-04-2007, 07:37 PM
Senior User

Alpine6 is starting off with a positive reputation.
If you're ever up in the Logansport area, there's a soy biodiesel stop off 25. I think the Co-op in Danville and Martinsville sells bio too.
Old 04-30-2007, 08:57 AM
Senior User

sneal is starting off with a positive reputation.
sneal41
Talked with the guy at the Co-OP and they are now getting the fuel with the addititve in it, I will try it again and let you know of any problems.
1997 f350 7.3 PSD, CC, LWB, E4OD, 4X4, fpr shim, 6637, 3-4 dp, stage one 160cc,dp6 pos and tunes, evp delete, no kitty and its muffle went too, IDM (140) mod, 15v Stancor and Gauges. Dominator 66 turbo from Beans!!! and live Beans tunes. Now I need a set of ladder bars and an Aumor bumper w/ air tank!!!
Old 05-23-2007, 11:13 AM
New User

dchovey is starting off with a positive reputation.
I know what you are talking about, as I live 3 min from that crystal flash. They have been listed forever but never have it, they have regular diesel though. I since on southside go down to midland impact coop in martinsville to get my bio.
Old 05-25-2007, 03:53 PM
Elder User

SirHailstone is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CruiserClass
Biodiesel.org lists the Crystal Flash on S Meridian as a source of biodiesel, but a call to them confirmed that they do not sell bio. The lady said some truck stops on Harding St sell it but did not know which one or the name of any of them, so I'll have to scout them out.

Does anyone know a source of biodiesel, preferably on the southside of Indianapolis?
I heard the Phillips 66 (Joe's Junction) and Raymond & Kentucky is getting either B2 or B5 BioDiesel. Nobody that I'm aware of is doing B20 or higher.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:26 AM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirHailstone
I heard the Phillips 66 (Joe's Junction) and Raymond & Kentucky is getting either B2 or B5 BioDiesel. Nobody that I'm aware of is doing B20 or higher.
I just talked to them on the phone and they said they are still working on it. Once they get the tank in they plan to sell B2, B5, and B20.
Old 11-24-2007, 12:14 PM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruiserClass
I just talked to them on the phone and they said they are still working on it. Once they get the tank in they plan to sell B2, B5, and B20.
Four months later and still nothing. I'm wondering if they're plan to sell it was just a plan.
Old 11-28-2007, 09:26 AM
Elder User

SirHailstone is starting off with a positive reputation.
I heard the new Venezuelan Black Sludge retailer (ie Citgo) at 25th & College [yeah, wonderful neighborhood!] is selling B5 but it's just as expensive or more than Dinodiesel sold out at the truck stops.

I ran about 1/2 tank of B20 I bought at a Shell station in Smyrna, TN. Stuff ran through my '07 6.0 OK - had a interesting "sweet smell" coming from the tailpipes.
Old 11-28-2007, 05:00 PM
Senior User

Alpine6 is starting off with a positive reputation.
In the new Diesel World magazine, there's some good info on BioD. I'm considering getting an extractor and making my own. As much as I drive, it would pay for itself pretty quick. Just need to lock in a oil supply. Anyone own a restaurant in the Martinsville area?

Matt
Old 02-09-2011, 11:00 AM
Elder User

Scratcher is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Not sure how up to date this is
CountryMark - Retail Locations
Old 02-09-2011, 11:00 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Indiana Chapter

Tags
1997, 2007, b2, b20, b5, bio, biodiesel, biofuel, diesel, f250, f350, fuel, indiana, indianapolis, op, stations