N. California Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Nighteyez

Stuck in Lodi Roll Call

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 05:38 PM
olfordsnstone
Lead Driver
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Stuck in Lodi Roll Call

OK, I'm planning on being there (the wife and I). Might not be able to arrive until Saturday later morning. Maybe earlier... But it looks like Saturday is most likely.

Question #1 Who else is going for sure? It would be nice to know who to expect to see there, and also how we will make contact. Maybe if we can get a roll call going here, we can exchange cell phone numbers or something via PM.

Question #2 What should we bring? I remember someone saying something about bbq briquetes. Someone else said that they would bring dead animal flesh to burn on the que. I don't know if this means we should all bring some kind of bbq meat/soy product, or if it's covered??? If we plan a little, maybe we can be better prepared. If it's BYO, then we should probably know ahead of time. Or if it's already covered in some kind of Pot Luck, then I would rather not let my dead animal rot in the sun, and also would like to know how I can contribute to the pot luck. Either way, we should have a plan. Probably the simplist would be to BYO, with maybe an exception to the briquettes. One person should probably be dedicated to that one.

For sure, I'm bringing: 1 460 engine; 1 C-6 Transmission; 1 Dana 60 rear end; 1 set of 460 headers; and some assorted other parts for such. These items are going to our project Mud Truck.
But what else should I bring? Anything for the meet itself?

How 'bout we state our ideas and/or commitments here. At least post who is planning on coming and how to make contact.

Cheers, Tim

Last edited by olfordsnstone; 03-25-2007 at 05:41 PM.
Old 03-25-2007, 06:09 PM
andym
Post Fiend
Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts
Leilani & I are in as definites.

Everybody has pretty wide and varying tastes that it would probably be better for everyone to BYO. That is, unless, somebody decides to bring two beef tenderloins and several cases of Fat Tire to share. Then I think we'd all agree on that.

We'll be arriving ten-ish and leaving... whenever.

Old 03-25-2007, 06:50 PM
1FineBroncoBabe
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
p.s. I saw an earlier post that charcoal will be provided but Andy and I have a huge bag, unopened and can bring it.

Old 03-25-2007, 06:53 PM
1FineBroncoBabe
Elder User
Tim... PM'ing you our contact info now.

Old 03-25-2007, 10:54 PM
fastmover
Posting Guru
I am going to be there. I hope my FTE shirt arrives in time. I agree that BYO is a good idea. For musical entertainment, we have a few musicians coming and maybe we can jam. I will bring my tuba ... on second thoughts, I will bring some extra food. I think that would be more welcomed.
Karl

Old 03-26-2007, 08:39 AM
TigerDan
Hotshot
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Tuba...

Oh well, better than an accordian I suppose...

I'll bring some charcoal, I have the real thing rather than those nasty briquettes. I guess as far as the dead animal flesh goes, the BYO thing makes sense. It would indeed suck to have a lot of folks show up with stuff for everybody and have a bunch left over.

I'm still formulating my plan. I like to be there first thing so I'll either leave Friday after work and find a place to crash in the truck or else leave early Sat. morning so I can be there by 8:00 or so.

Old 03-26-2007, 12:41 PM
3Mike6
Postmaster
I hate to "get on the fence", especially since MG is less than an hour from me, but I may not have means to get there and pickup the engine, I might have all three kids for the day (which is good for MG time if we get there early enough), but I can't fit the whole crew in the pickup for the ride.

I'm 50/50 at this point.

Old 03-26-2007, 03:31 PM
hanklin
Hotshot
Received 684 Likes on 397 Posts
Well count Hanklin as a will be there.Look for a guy(me) wearing an FTE shirt with a Tony Stewart hat (orange for you non-nascar peeps) I`ll be on the way to Copperopolis for a job but I can sqeeze in a couple of hours to meet all of you . I`m sorry I can`t stay longer but heck I`ll still be there to say hey. If I can bring something (meat ,ice,brews,chips,etc)let me know.
See ya all

Hanklin

Old 03-27-2007, 12:22 AM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 123 Likes on 119 Posts
Ok, I am a definite for being there. I will just push back getting the Ranger until May. I will BYO food, and drinks, and leave Friday night, and park somewhere close, or maybe even the rest area on the way up there (99 fwy).
Mike, if you cannot come, let me know, and we can exchange phone numbers, I can stop by either on the way up or the way back, to get the heater, and cruise control.

If you cannot come though, how is the engine going to be handled? Is Dan still coming to your place to get the truck? I guess he can take the engine down to you, and then off load it and pick up the truck. Or do you have something else planned? (Does the term 'babysitter" give you any ideas?)

Oops, forgot to mention, Hey Dan! I'll be bringing my accordian with me
<J/K>

Last edited by Nighteyez; 03-27-2007 at 12:25 AM. Reason: add info
Old 03-27-2007, 09:08 AM
3Mike6
Postmaster
There's only one sitter that can deal with my clan, unfortunately she's working this Saturday...hence the reason "they're all mine". I wiating to see if my Step Daughter can watch'em for a few hours.

I'll have to talk with Dan and see what his plan is, hate to see him have to make a detour through my place, since he has a long enough drive anyways

Old 03-27-2007, 10:55 AM
Jag Red 54
Logistics Pro
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yes, BYO is the usual fair. However, people have been known to share. "Wow, you baby rack ribs look better than my hotdogs!" I plan on bringing a sign and I'll be wearing my new FTE teeshirt. We'll be rolling in about 8:30am saturday morning barring any mechanical problems. I'll try to grab a picnic table on the side closest to the west parking lot so the sign can be easily seen. It is good to have extra charcoal because there are several pits. The club usual stokes 2. One year, (2005 I think, they only had one) this created a line of people wanting to cook. So if we can have some extra charcoal there just in case, then there can be more grilling going on and everybody can "geterdun." See you all there, John

Old 03-27-2007, 12:28 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 123 Likes on 119 Posts
Ok, I can bring a bag of charcoal that is no problem. If I had the funds, I would have the propane tank in the camper recharged, and use the stove However, that will have to wait for a future meet.

Last edited by Nighteyez; 03-27-2007 at 12:28 PM. Reason: typo
Old 03-27-2007, 01:06 PM
Jag Red 54
Logistics Pro
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Good deal: I think everybody will like the venue. There are usually vendors there selling teeshirts, auto parts, sandwiches etc. The zoo is also very nice for a small location. The park costs five bucks to get in but the show and BBQ pits are free unless you want to enter a vehicle for judging then then ask for a ten spot. This helps cover the club's cost of reserving the Delta location. John

Old 03-27-2007, 07:09 PM
WillyB
Post Fiend
Bump - Bump

This is an active thread and an on-going meet. It was buried when one of our members became bored and wanted some attention at our expense. . . .

Meet is being set up by jag red, and is this Saturday. Please attend if you can.

Old 03-27-2007, 07:20 PM
3Mike6
Postmaster
Ya...I was thinking Jim was trying to get his post count up

Quick Reply: Stuck in Lodi Roll Call