2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Edge from DiscountPowerParts

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 07:20 AM
cwc
Freshman User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Edge from DiscountPowerParts

Hi, Ive been lurking here a while and this is my first post. In Dec. I switched from a lifetime of GMC trucks to an 04 F-150 Scab FX4 with 7000 miles (my first Ford). After reading all I could absorb on this site I decided I had to have a tuner. I went with Discount Power Parts after researching prices and recommendations from this site. I gotta tell ya, these guys are incredible! My Edge arrived within 2 days by regular UPS, and I received 2 e-mails telling me the status of the order with tracking number. I was shocked at the speed of their service. Really glad I went through them. As far as the Edge itself, I haven't really been able to see a difference in performance due to snow and crappy roads. I did notice the slushy shifting is gone. Between that and the gauges its already worth the cost. BTW, I'm on level 2 on a pure stock truck and will be towing a lot this summer. Anyway, thanks for all the good info I've gotten here!

P.S. Discount power parts was the lowest price I found with the exception of some EBay listings that were within $8.00 after shipping. IMO the $8.00 is not worth the risk of getting screwed by an unknown seller and having nowhere to go if there is a problem.

Old 03-15-2007, 07:39 AM
ShootinOK
Mountain Pass
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
I got mine from Discount Power Parts also - I second the endorsment!

Bought mine about a year ago, no complaints what so ever. Woke up my truck and made me love it just that much more. I run it on level 2 and just use 87 octane gas.
When I checked around they were the best price - bar none - plus it's a pleasure doing business with guys that really seem to care.
In the giant metropolis of Tulsa and the vicinity, the best price I could find was $100 HIGHER

Old 03-15-2007, 07:55 AM
WhëëlMå1
Super Moderator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome to FTE cwc. Glad to see that you have not only moved on to the Blue Oval, but that your dealings with that sponsor have gone well. I also bought my edge from them. Hope the truck provides you with years of reliability and enjoyment.

Old 03-15-2007, 08:15 AM
DiscountPowerPrt
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Welcome to the site!

We really appreciate all the kind words, and we hope you enjoy the product. Please feel free to call us or any of the other site supporters in the future.

Un-fortunatly after April 1st the Evolution will no longer be sold at such low prices. The only reason we sell them so cheap is because....Everyone Else does! If we dont drop the price, they sit on the shelf. So after april 1st the Evolution will be sold @ 449.10. MSD, who ownes Superchips and Edge products is implementing a new MVP price system. If anyone breaks MVP they will loose the ability to sell any of MSD's products. I would say get them now if you have been putting it off.

Thanks again...you rock!

Old 03-15-2007, 08:42 AM
ShootinOK
Mountain Pass
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Isn't that called "price fixing"???
Man what ever happend to FREE MARKET PRICING !!?
Better get 'em now boys - the engine and trans. monitoring is worth the price.

Old 03-15-2007, 08:51 AM
DiscountPowerPrt
Elder User
I think what happens is places like Ebay and stuff. They sell it so cheap that authorized dealers like us and many others on FTE can't sell them. Or better yet, why sell them when your only making a couple bucks on an item that you paid hundreds to stock? How many dealers would rather sell you a Diablosport, or a Hypertech so they can make some money on there investment. This new pricing policy will make these items more profitable for the dealers, giving them more reason to push the product.

In the end, I think its only going to make other products look more attractive to the consumer, but thats just my .02

Old 03-15-2007, 08:53 AM
cwc
Freshman User
Angry

WOW!! I'm glad I got mine now. It was hard enough convincing the wife to spend as much as I did at the current price. Maybe Edge is having trouble keeping up with production and wants to slow down sales... or maybe they just see a huge market and are going for the money grab while they can

Old 03-15-2007, 08:54 AM
DiscountPowerPrt
Elder User
Thats a good question CWC

Old 03-15-2007, 08:59 AM
cwc
Freshman User
Not sure how the eBay guys do it or where they get their product as some of them do not appear to be authorized dealers which leaves you no recourse if trouble arises. When I was searching I even saw some on eBay that were used and sold for as much as new when the shipping was added. Made no sense! Like I said before, the couple dollars you might save on eBay is not worth the risk.

Old 03-15-2007, 09:23 AM
DaMole
Posting Guru
I just bought one from them last week also. I have been really wanting one and did not want to wait to long because I heard of a price increase. So I am glad I got it. Yall over there at discountpowerparts.com did a great job and I really appreciate getting it here so quick. Yall got it here just in time I was about to go crazy waiting for it. It made a heck of alot of difference in my truck from the very start. It felt like a ton of bricks was lifted out of the back. I would not hesitate at all if you are thinking about one. I also saw those one eBay but for a couple dollars more I wanted to buy from someone I know was going to do it right.

Old 03-15-2007, 09:27 AM
FXForistell
Senior User
What's tha part number for the edge, and how does it compare to the flashpaq?

Old 03-15-2007, 01:55 PM
BACKWOODSFAB
New User
I bought my Edge about a month ago from discount power parts, and I love it. I have a 5.4, and have run all three tuning levels. Shifting, horsepower, and torque all greatly improved at level 2, and I wear a big blue oval grin when I've got it set to level 3. Thanks to the guys at DPP for quick shipping and for helping out guys like me on this forum. You have made a lifetime customer. It's just too bad you're not in Washington, or I'd stop by your shop and have a beer with you.

Old 03-15-2007, 06:57 PM
fordtrkpuller
FTE *******
For the 97-03 F-150 it is EEF-2100
For the 94-07 F-150 it is EEF-2400

Old 03-15-2007, 07:04 PM
fruth04
Senior User
correctioni thhink he means., 04-07 f150 is EEF2400

Old 03-15-2007, 07:12 PM