Washington Chapter Washington Chapter
Join Chapter, Leader: Yahiko
View Poll Results: Which Branches Did You Serve In?
Army
25.17%
Navy
41.61%
Airforce
12.24%
Marines
12.59%
Coast Guard
3.50%
National Guard
9.09%
Army Reserve
3.85%
Navy Reserve
4.20%
Airforce Reserve
1.75%
Marine Reserve
1.40%
Seabees
2.10%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 286. You may not vote on this poll

Military Branch Poll

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 09:52 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Stand by - if the Chiefs have their stuff together - NAVY is about to go ALL AHEAD FULL!

Then again, I always figured a Chief was someone with an unfortunate passion for a knothole in his desk...

Old 04-16-2007, 10:01 PM
RexB
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bigredtruckmi
Uss Warrington DD-843 first tour. Hit our mine in N. Vietnam waters. Decommissioned from extreme hull damage. Walked across the pier upon decom to USS Santa Barbara AE-28. Became the LPO on that ship - they headed right back to Nam BUT I was off the coast by 20 miles. They don't like ammo ships being shot at.
Yeowch bigred, our own stinkin' mine. Two tours in a row...what a treat. I got there as you were leaving and it was winding down -- '73-'74 cruise on USS Kitty Hawk 30-50 miles off coast too, Yankee station. They don't like bird farms getting shot at either lol.
-

Tom, as ex-Ranger you're making a valiant effort on the board here, but your 5.56'er is outgunned by our 16-inchers. Oops, none of those BB's in service anymore....the Tomahawks will do.

Old 04-16-2007, 10:02 PM
RexB
Posting Guru
Wh-Wha-What's wrong with knotholes???

Old 04-16-2007, 10:05 PM
nubeee1
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by RexB
Wh-Wha-What's wrong with knotholes???
What do you think keeps us Rangers bizzy in the jungle???

Old 04-16-2007, 10:10 PM
SuperSnake
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by nubeee1
What do you think keeps us Rangers bizzy in the jungle???
That was more than I needed to know.

Old 04-16-2007, 10:27 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Strange - I never thought "TERMITES" would be listed as an STD.

Then again, most Chiefs look like they are made out of WOOD - so go figure....

Old 04-17-2007, 03:53 PM
bigredtruckmi
Lead Driver
Received 218 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by RexB
Yeowch bigred, our own stinkin' mine. Two tours in a row...what a treat. I got there as you were leaving and it was winding down -- '73-'74 cruise on USS Kitty Hawk 30-50 miles off coast too, Yankee station. They don't like bird farms getting shot at either lol.
I figure you was coming to Nam when I was leaving. We was the first ship to leave after the peace treaty was signed HA! That was a joke we swallowed.

I was transfered at PI. As we had to be towed there from Nam.
What is funny now - is when we arrived in PI we all got on a bus from the ship. They forgot to tell us we was going by the gunnery range! First kablooi and we was all on the deck in the bus. Bus driver thought we was nuts. Until we explained what we had just been thru.

Old 04-18-2007, 12:03 PM
Eric C.
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK, now from the peanut gallery, 20 and 3 months and only made it to PO1, I was the example of how not to behave everywhere I went. Got into Gas Turbine school when they split from Engineman. Plank Owner 1979, Shell Back and Realm of The Golden Dragon 1981. I took way to long to learn my lessons and start acting right but the damage was done by then. Made the board 8 times but it was my fault. Still had all the fun though, Subic back in the 80s, Panama in the early 80s, Korea, and all over the orient. I don't regret it though. I now do industrial turbine work for GE now and still get to travel the word and make a lot more money doing it. By the way the only Marine I ever disliked was my own baby brother, did 3 years at ACU 5, The Swift Intruders (NO BEACH OUT OF REACH) at Pendleton. Well got a turbine calling my name. I"ll be back.

Old 04-18-2007, 06:08 PM
71dusterdan
Postmaster
nubee/ Tom, when did you go through jump school? any seals in your class? we had a blast in jump school, there were 12 of us and we had been through everything together. we were pretty rough on the army. we would be in the back of the formation for p.t. all together and we would clown around and give the army a really hard time. our antics always resulted in being dropped down to push' em out. hell we had to get our exercise somehow. we were getting fat, loved hearing army personnel telling us to shut up through gritted teeth, as the struggled through what was a warm up to us. then when we went for runs they used to make us form up in our own formation and run around the army formations, as they did there run. man what a hoot! those were some fun times. any of us a'holes in your class? no offense man not trying to bring you down or slander the army, airborne, or rangers. it was just our experience with the army and jump school. gotta remember at the time we were basically just low paid athletes with some wicked training. we were expected to run, swim, jump, hop, pop for however long it took and and be ready to fight when we got there. let me tell you swimming a few miles loaded down for grizzly , then crawling onto a hot beach fighting was..... well lets just say exciting.
glad and proud to see that is still navy blue, and the chiefs mess is well represented.
HOO YAH! Dan

Old 04-18-2007, 07:10 PM
nubeee1
Postmaster
[QUOTE]
Originally Posted by 71dusterdan
nubee/ Tom, when did you go through jump school? any seals in your class?
I went though Jump School at FT.BRAGG back in 1976

any of us a'holes in your class?

Man those DI's put us though so much crap!! Did you have to run the "hill"?
We use to clown some, but they pretty much kept us in line!! I was mind set on being the best I could. 3 years in ROTC (high school) It help having my old man doing 3 terms in Nam on LCU up the river so I was raised pretty Gung-ho!! I'm no angel we did our share after jump and before Ranger training.

no offense man not trying to bring you down or slander the army, airborne, or rangers. it was just our experience with the army and jump school.

No offence take what so ever!! Glad to see you on the military post!! I like the reading here and sharing with military personnel. I've learned a lot about you Squids!!!!

Old 04-20-2007, 12:00 AM
NavyMIDN08
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
hmph, looks like the navy is once again the tip of the proverbial spear, leading the way. why is it no surprise that the best engineers in the world are working on the best engines on the planet.

Old 04-20-2007, 12:15 AM
kermit
Laughing Gas
AT2(AW) Carver reporting as ordered Senior Chief.

I have been in VAQ-129 in Whidbey Island, and am in VAW-113 in Pt Mugu CA now. in fact i didnt get into this at the beginning because we were on cruise out on the Reagan.

glad to be here now though.

edit: by the way, just for the record : Golden Shellback

Last edited by kermit; 04-20-2007 at 12:32 AM.
Old 04-20-2007, 05:28 AM
rsylvstr
Cargo Master
Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts
Thank you for showing up shipmates.....this will reflect on your next eval (rep points!!!)

R/
SC

GO NAVY

Old 04-20-2007, 09:24 AM
shellback86
Trailering
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kwob
Anybody know where that ohhrah got started? Had to have been after 1989 when I was discharged...don't remember it at all.
I served in 1stBn 1stMarines at Camp Pendleton from 1984-1989 and WTC for Desert Storm. OOOHRAH must have started before that. I remember saying that every day. I've been out for 16 years and still say it today.

That time of my life had a positive affect on me that will last forever. Every day I think about the Corps and the brothers I served with. And every day, I pray for all our service members currently fighting.

May they come home safely and quickly.

Old 04-20-2007, 09:29 AM
rsylvstr
Cargo Master
Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts
Good to see you here (I should be a recruiter)....

I belted it yesterday at a meeting....luckily my boss is a Marine door gunner from 'Nam.... LOL

Quick Reply: Military Branch Poll