Fuel pressure/injectors

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 10:37 PM
ReAX
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fuel pressure/injectors

So I am trying to plan out my latest shelf mod, billet fuel rails. I am reading around but nothing specific yet, so I am looking for a couple of answers. Our injectors should be rate 24 lbs/hr, yet they are run a pressure that seems to make the 19 lbs/hr. Does anyone know what the fuel pressure is set at stock?

I think I maybe coming close to a high duty cycle on mine at 19 lbs/hr. So I am trying to figure out if I need to just turn the pressure up when I get around to installing my fuel rails/adj reg, or if I need to budget in a set of FMS 30lbs/hr injectors.

Old 03-19-2007, 11:44 PM
LxMan1

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
I personally do not see any mods requiring more fuel. Just a CAI , tuner, and cat back system is not goign to tax the fuel system. Now if you had a supercharger or a turbo, then you would want to upgrade.

Old 03-20-2007, 09:20 AM
ReAX
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My a/f ratio gauge doesn't go all the way to rich, it's not a wideband yet so I don't have the best picture of what's going on. Forced induction isn't on the menu for aleast a few years, but a new throttle body and MAF shouldn't be too far out. I would like to find a decent set of heads and cams soon as well. I would just like to get most of the fuel system down first and then get more air in. I've got some calculating to do, I am just thinking out loud for now.

Old 03-20-2007, 11:11 AM
Johnny Langton
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Ford's OE pressure spec is 40 psi with no vacuum on the pressure regulator port. 19 lb/hr injectors are good for around 300 crank hp safely. 24's are good for approx 350 hp at the crank.
JL