Anyone in Cali that might be able to look at a car for me??

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 05:16 AM
FFR428
Needsmorecoffee.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anyone in Cali that might be able to look at a car for me??

Hey guys. Is anyone in the Santa Barbara/north LA area that could look at a car for me? I'll pay gas/mileage and whatever you need to cover to get there. The car is in Rompoc (sp)? and I just need to confirm the car is as described. To keep it FE related the car has a 390 LOL. Please send me a PM for details if you can help.

Russ you know anyone in that area?

Thanks guys!

Glenn.

Last edited by FFR428; 03-01-2007 at 05:45 AM.
Old 03-01-2007, 07:50 AM
RapidRuss
FE "Freakin Expensive"

Originally Posted by FFR428
Hey guys. Is anyone in the Santa Barbara/north LA area that could look at a car for me? I'll pay gas/mileage and whatever you need to cover to get there. The car is in Rompoc (sp)? and I just need to confirm the car is as described. To keep it FE related the car has a 390 LOL. Please send me a PM for details if you can help.

Russ you know anyone in that area?

Thanks guys!

Glenn.
Yeah G, I sure do...I have an Aunt that lives up there....In Santa Ynes and one of my cousins if the Fire Chief there..In Santa Barbara...But he is a chebby dude...So I warn you he may not know what he's even looking at?

And the Town is Lompoc....LOL... If you Like I'll email my Aunt and ask here to ask Terry...Or My cousin Mike who owns a Upolstery shop right there in Lompoc.....But He only knows interior? Maybe Mikes shop is in Buellton? anyway there close...I'll seewhat I can find out on my end...But Like I said I dont know as I would really trust there Findings?? I love em..but there not the sharpest knifes in the drawer when it comes to cars!! LOL.. Now if it were Boats...there good..they have built and modified many over the years!!

RJ

Old 03-01-2007, 11:24 AM
Redmanbob
Logistics Pro
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I dont mind the drive if your pickn up the gas. I need to put a few miles on the ole f100 anyhow Russ I have a good friend in Lompoc [works for Lockheed's 3D engineering] Of course it would be +- 50 miles for them, 133 miles for me @ 9mpg & 2.56 gal-reg LOL If yoiu just need some Picts of it for details I could ask Mr. Bell to swing by with his digicam. Can give you his email info etc..

Last edited by Redmanbob; 03-01-2007 at 11:28 AM.
Old 03-01-2007, 04:24 PM
FFR428
Needsmorecoffee.

You guys are da best!! Either way is fine. I just need someone to confirm the car,person,address and that everything is cool. The people selling the car are really nice. I'd just like another set of eyes to see it in person. I've seen lots of pics of the car and it's a 68 Cougar XR7 with a 390. And it's a project car so it's far from perfect. Not running but no biggie. So Russ if yer cuz would do it...or Robert if yer up for the drive I'll cover the expenses plus money lunch/beer etc...either way. You guys would be doing me a BIG favor!!!

I got a few really good quotes for shipping. 2 from Dependable and Auto Transport for $1150 and one from Cosmos's Trucking (LOL) for $850.

Can't thank you both enough for stepping up. If I can ever return the favor just ask.

Thanks!

G.

Old 03-01-2007, 04:35 PM
Redmanbob
Logistics Pro
Russ's folks would be the easy route, but if need be I'll glady go for a joy ride. Gas and lunch would be fine, hell the truck needs the miles. Whats your schedule looking like on it ?

Old 03-02-2007, 04:43 AM
FFR428
Needsmorecoffee.

Well anytime someone could get there is fine. I can find out the best day and time and see if that works for you. If not let me know the best days and times you could get there and we'll go from there. There is no set timeframe.

Thanks,

G.

Old 03-02-2007, 05:57 AM
RapidRuss
FE "Freakin Expensive"

G, no favor needed in return.. you have allready done enough for me Bud!! Robert hold off for a day or so and let me try and get ahold of my Aunt, So she can get ahold of one of my cousins there... I would call the Fire Station to get ahold of Terry, But his Girlfriend ruined that...they Monitor the calls now!! LOL Damn Perverts!! LOL

G send me an email with the addy..and I'll see what I can get going on this end? And if that fails or there to damn lazy..then Robert can take a nice drive up the Pacific Coast Hwy..and check out all the hard bodies in the bikini's !! Hell I wanna go now!!

RJ

Old 03-02-2007, 06:10 AM
FFR428
Needsmorecoffee.

Ok bud thanks.

Old 03-02-2007, 06:19 AM
RapidRuss
FE "Freakin Expensive"

No Problem!! Anytime!

Old 03-02-2007, 08:37 AM
Redmanbob
Logistics Pro
will watch for updates...

Old 03-02-2007, 09:32 AM
FFR428
Needsmorecoffee.

Ok Robert thanks!!

Old 03-03-2007, 05:29 AM
RapidRuss
FE "Freakin Expensive"

Ok G. I tried getting ahold of my Aunt that lives in Santa Barbra, last night, and she wasnt home? Strange!! Anyway I called her duaghter!! And she will get intouch with her for you..and she'll get back with me and I with you....LOL...

Well I'am heading outthe door for the MDA Car Show and sawp meet over in Roanoke this morning...I'll see if there are any FE Parts to be had in the Valley?? LOL

RJ

Last edited by RapidRuss; 03-03-2007 at 05:35 AM.
Old 03-03-2007, 05:43 AM
FFR428
Needsmorecoffee.

Cool thanks!

Have fun at the show. Hope you see some nice stuff. Check in later and let us know how it was.

G.

Old 03-04-2007, 06:45 AM
RapidRuss
FE "Freakin Expensive"

Well G, I talked to my Aunt last night....She said she wasnt home for a couple of days, as she took the boys down to Long Beach SoCal....to get on a Ship too Porta Viarta<-sp.. Mexico for 2 weeks on a winter cruise to different Islands?

She did tho in fact get ahold of Terry and Mike on the ship..(cell phone) and Mike said that he would be more than happy to look at the Cat when he got back.. "IF" you can wait....He said he knows alot about interior's..But he is no Mechanic..

And his shop is no longer in Beullton...Its now in Santa Ynes...But its still only a few miles away from where the car is at...and Terry said he couldnt do it...As when he comes back..He has to put on a trainning program for the new Grunts coming aboard the Fire Dept.. and he'll be working 30 days straight and about 12 to 14 hrs a day...

And of course I got my *** chewed out by my aunt for not staying intouch...LOL..she said the last time you stoped by was when you wanted Mike to put new interior in your boat one weekend before you went on vacation..LOL..It was cool tho..I droped off my boat on a friday night..got a motel in town..Saturday I picked up the boat with all brand new Carpet and interior.. Cost $250 for materials!! Oh I did give him an extra $50 to take the wife to dinner!! LOL..

So this is where we sit..as of now..I'am trying to think of anyone else I know that knows more about cars in that area...I used to run around that area quite a bit when they first moved up the from L.A. some 35 years ago...

RJ

Old 03-04-2007, 07:05 AM
FFR428
Needsmorecoffee.

Russ thanks very much bro. How long before he'll be back? A month or less?

Quick Reply: Anyone in Cali that might be able to look at a car for me??