2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fuel additives

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2007, 10:24 AM
kywildcat103
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fuel additives

I have 2004 f150 with 5.4 engine, according to owners manual it says not to use any fuel additives, other trucks i have had i have always used ejectors cleaner several times a yr, just wandering if anyone else has used any in their ford trucks 2004 and up. thanks for the comments guys.

Old 02-12-2007, 06:45 PM
baitmaster
Posting Guru
I noticed that info in my '05 manual too. So I prob wont dump any in there, but I always buy a quality fuel, not the cut rate stuff. A few yrs ago I read an article about an independent lab testing different brands of gas. They had no axe to grind (not done by one of the major co's), and tested about everything there is to test when it comes to what gas does to your vehicle. As you would expect, the cut rates did the worst. Have you seen the Discovery channel program on how gas is produced and gets to market? Very interesting stuff, and I will continue to buy the gas with additives in it. Pay me now, or pay me later, as the old saying goes. If you're someone who trades every few yrs, it prob dont matter, but I keep my vehicles a long time.

Old 02-12-2007, 10:25 PM
doocrue
Junior User
I call BS to not using a fuel additive to today's poor gas. I use a fuel additive every time I fill my truck and do notice a difference. I am a little biased since I do sell the fuel additive. My '06 Screw has a nice little BP emblem silkscreened to the gas cap and with this type of great advertisement do you think BP would want you to use anything that would help your truck get better mileage? I say no to that.

Old 02-12-2007, 10:33 PM
exiled
Posting Guru
I use lucas in my gas burners. My wife has an 04 w/ 67,000 miles on it now and she puts lucas in at least every other fill up. It does alittle more than clean the injectors it also lubes the valves. Our gas burners run perfectly. I cant proof that its cause of the lucas but it does proove that it wont hurt it.

Old 02-13-2007, 02:24 PM
KevinM
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I use Techron a couple of times a year. Fuel today is very prone to carbon as by product.

Old 02-13-2007, 02:40 PM
airborne89
New User
You can't guarentee you're getting good gas just because you go to a major company. I used to use BP sold by a station close to my house until my truck started stalling out and I found out the local police stopped filling up there cars their for the same reason. I also travel a lot and have seen all the major companies, mobil BP Exxon all sold in run down stations that look like their stuck in the 70's. I try to stick to the newer looking major brand stations, never go after they fill up there tanks since that stirs up all the settled crap and I use lucas about one a month or so in my 2006 5.4L Screw. I also use a consentrated injector cleaner whenever I fill up before a long trip when I know I'll be driving through the full tank. Just my opinions and have had no problems since doing this. We'll see in a few years.