Ford vs The Competition Technical discussion and comparison ONLY. Trolls will not be tolerated.

Ford's Fields says F-Series will stay #1

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2007, 09:16 PM
linkinluver07
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
no because of all the UAW family members. I CANNOT AND WILL NOT BUY A TOY. and i happen to like ford i dont know how toyota is as i have never owned one and i seriously doubt i will ( i'd buy a honda if anything it is a much better built car. you couldnt give me a toy there almost like our Gm ) and plus im in the landscaping business what the hell would i look like pulling up to the jobsite with a tundra? That would be a serious joke indeed i feel like some kind of homo or something

Old 01-13-2007, 09:38 PM
BigF350
Hotshot
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Admin
Name two that do with the US
I know Australia has a fair trade agreement with the US - oh you were after two???

Originally Posted by NumberDummy
Almost twice? Last time I checked, it was almost three times the price!

Meanwhile some Japanese cars sell for less here than they do in Japan!!
There is a complex issue there - Japan being LHD causes the first one.

Thier automotive taxes causes both of them

Thier home production costs cause the last one.
The USA has by FAR the cheapest of cars/trucks of any country in the world.

Old 01-14-2007, 06:22 AM
moldman7n
Senior User
I have no problem with the Japanese. I have a BIG problem with the US government. The governments of many countries, most especially Japan and China work WITH thier industry to help compete in a global marketplace. The US government seems to be hell bent on DESTROYING ours. Our trade policies are idiotic. Why do we let other countries walk all over us in trade agreements? Because we have a government that is for sale to the highest bidder, bought and paid for by Japan and China. How else can you expalin what happens to US goods shipped there vs Foreign goods shipped here. It's infuriating.

Old 01-14-2007, 08:12 AM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 58 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by BigF350
I know Australia has a fair trade agreement with the US - oh you were after two???
Woops...I counted you anyway....

Old 01-14-2007, 11:57 AM
T-B_MN
Senior User
What i do not understand is why whenever someone makes a post saying that they would rather purchase an american car/truck than a japanese one, why do so many ppl get offended by that. All these ppl start calling you racist and arguing with them even if all they say is "I would rather buy american " Why do some of you have problems with ppl that love their country and choose to show it by buying products from their country? What is so bad about always wanting to buy ford or gm and not toyota or honda? Some of us working class ppl still have some pride in our country and still like its products.

Old 01-14-2007, 02:06 PM
moldman7n
Senior User
Originally Posted by T-B_MN
What i do not understand is why whenever someone makes a post saying that they would rather purchase an american car/truck than a japanese one, why do so many ppl get offended by that. All these ppl start calling you racist and arguing with them even if all they say is "I would rather buy american " Why do some of you have problems with ppl that love their country and choose to show it by buying products from their country? What is so bad about always wanting to buy ford or gm and not toyota or honda? Some of us working class ppl still have some pride in our country and still like its products.
There is nothing wrong with it. If some don't like it, the heck with em. We have millions of Japanese Americans. The key word is Americans. Looking out for Americans of all nationalities is a good thing and a smart thing. That doesn't mean you hate ciitizens of other countries, it means you look out for America first. Do you actually believe people of other countries don't do the same? If you do, you are naive, and probably more than a little bit stupid.

Old 01-14-2007, 02:15 PM
SMIGGS
Posting Guru

Yah that's right just because you just want to buy "american" products we are labeling you as a racist.

The problem is when people are ignorant to the fact that when you purchase a so-called american vehicle ( Ford & GM ) that they think that they are in some way helping their country when in fact it is proven that alot of the vehicle manufacturing is farmed out to "foreign" countries thus providing jobs for other people and boosting the countries economy.

At one time the big 3 were "all american" but not anymore.....

Old 01-14-2007, 02:15 PM
DOHCmarauder
Postmaster
I think it's the chicken and egg syndrome.........which came first???

The comments defending "foreign" purchases are in defense to people always coming on here blabbing about ruining the country and being unpatriotic.

My stance is, and always will be, that Ford and GM are a global company and are actually deferring a lot of jobs to other countries, building factories in other countries (including China) and actually own stake in Asian companies.

You are not any more patriotic or have anymore pride by buying a Mexican built Ford as you would an American built Toyota...

If people can't understand this.............well, someone used the word stupid already.

Last edited by DOHCmarauder; 01-14-2007 at 03:01 PM.
Old 01-14-2007, 02:19 PM
DOHCmarauder
Postmaster
Originally Posted by SMIGGS
Yah that's right just because you just want to buy "american" products we are labeling you as a racist.

The problem is when people are ignorant to the fact that when you purchase a so-called american vehicle ( Ford & GM ) that they think that they are in some way helping their country when in fact it is proven that alot of the vehicle manufacturing is farmed out to "foreign" countries thus providing jobs for other people and boosting the countries economy.

At one time the big 3 were "all american" but not anymore.....

Hey!!! You must type faster than me....

Old 01-14-2007, 02:20 PM
moldman7n
Senior User
I have a 2004 Honda Accord. I bought it because I liked it. I have no dillusions about it being an American product though. That would indeed be stupid.

Old 01-14-2007, 02:23 PM
SMIGGS
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by DOHCmarauder
Hey!!! You must type faster than me....
LOL, just barely as soon as hit the submit reply your comment was already up there.

Old 01-14-2007, 02:30 PM
DOHCmarauder
Postmaster
Originally Posted by moldman7n
I have a 2004 Honda Accord. I bought it because I liked it. I have no dillusions about it being an American product though. That would indeed be stupid.

Fair enough..........but the Mexican made Fusion on a Japanese chassis is an American product???

Does it reallly matter???

I'm actually surprised you would admit to owning a Honda. The "haters" may label you un-American.

Old 01-14-2007, 02:35 PM
moldman7n
Senior User
Originally Posted by DOHCmarauder
Fair enough..........but the Mexican made Fusion on a Japanese chassis is an American product???

Does it reallly matter???

I'm actually surprised you would admit to owning a Honda. The "haters" may label you un-American.
That's because

#1 I won't lie about ALMOST anything.
#2 I'm old enough now where I don't give two [edited: BigF350] what anybody thinks.
#3 If someone wants to buy only from Ford or GM that's their business and I can respect that.

Last edited by BigF350; 01-15-2007 at 04:20 AM.
Old 01-14-2007, 02:44 PM
DOHCmarauder
Postmaster
Originally Posted by moldman7n
That's because

#1 I won't lie about ALMOST anything.
#2 I'm old enough now where I don't give two [edited: BigF350] what anybody thinks.
#3 If someone wants to buy only from Ford or GM that's their business and I can respect that.

Then you and I differ on #3..............if someone calls somebody un-patriotic for buying that "jap crap" or my dear old grand-dad died in WWII, I'm gonna call 'em on it.

(and your #2 is suspect............otherwise you wouldn't be here commenting)

Last edited by BigF350; 01-15-2007 at 04:21 AM.
Old 01-14-2007, 02:49 PM
moldman7n
Senior User
Wrong. If I gave two [edited: BigF350] I would have said I own a 500. But I don't so there you go............................ There is nothing funny about the sacrifices of WWII vets. I don't hate present day Japanese because of it.

Last edited by BigF350; 01-15-2007 at 04:21 AM.

Quick Reply: Ford's Fields says F-Series will stay #1