Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Ford vs The Competition (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum17/)
-   -   Ford's Fields says F-Series will stay #1 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/566249-fords-fields-says-f-series-will-stay-1-a.html)

Red Star 01-09-2007 10:31 AM

Ford's Fields says F-Series will stay #1

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/01/09/f...s-will-stay-1/

linkinluver07 01-11-2007 03:38 PM

Not with out any serious updates they wont. THANK GOD Toy can only build 200,000 of those Tundras ( i dont like it, looks too much like a catfish IMHO)
Ford has got to step up and fast otherwise the will DRASTICALLY lose marketshare

DOHCmarauder 01-11-2007 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by linkinluver07
Not with out any serious updates that wont. THANK GOD Toy can only build 200,000 of those Tundras ( i dont like it looks too much like a catfish IMHO)
Ford has got to step up and fast otherwise the will DRASTICALLY lose marketshare

WOW!!! Good post............If I get the Tundra, I'm tossing that grill for a billet piece.........even if I have to make it myself!!!

IB Tim 01-11-2007 05:42 PM

He can talk the talk....lets see how good he can walk the walk

T-B_MN 01-11-2007 06:17 PM

There sure were a lot of whiny chevy fanboys making comments. Probably because they didn't want to be out driving in their truck and seen by someone

linkinluver07 01-11-2007 06:26 PM

lol you sure are right brother:-X22 . I havent even thought about what GM is doing and neither do i care.. i pretty much agree with this guy!:-drink

orginally post by numberdummy
What a crock!!

I call BS on that GM press release. Since when is Toyota afraid of GM? And what would you expect GM to say? Think about it...don't you think that Toyota would love to have the Tundra on the market now ?

The quality issues have cost Toyota 1000's of lost sales...worried about the new GM trucks is the last thing Toyota cares about.

Who's afraid of the new GM trucks? Not Ford, nor Dodge, or Nissan. What does anyone have to fear from the new GM trucks? Who cares about the new GM trucks? No one. But all are afraid of the Tundra..and with Toyota having huge amounts of cash to spend..it's gonna be a dog fight over who gets to be Numero Uno. The winner will be the company that steps up to the plate and spends....spends millions for marketing.

And which new truck will be the first to fall by the wayside when Ford and Toyota go head to head? Not GM or Dodge...so who's left?

No, it's not the Ridgeline..that's no truck. But you're on the right track......

J..D 01-11-2007 09:15 PM

Wrong buddy whenever a new truck comes out it worries the competition just keep telling yourself it doesn't Ford is redoing to F-150 to keep it # 1 because of the competition. Remember GM owns the truck market and have for some time but will they keep it who knows Toyota is finally figuring out how to make a competitive truck.

linkinluver07 01-11-2007 09:18 PM

yea but you still have to admit THEY ARE ALL worried about TOYOTA.. Hell i am too:-X16 . Thats the LAST segment ruled by DOMESTICS!

Red Star 01-11-2007 09:31 PM

Yeah, they are all worried about Toyota. Just check this competition forum. Nobody is even mentioning new Silverado anymore, its all about Toyota.

460k&n 01-12-2007 04:42 PM

i hate all foriegn vehicles with a passion. Some may be put together in america but they are still made by Japanese, i will never own or drive a foriegn vehicle, some may say this is a strong opinion but its my opinion and im stickin to it.

The End.

DaMole 01-12-2007 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by 460k&n
i hate all foriegn vehicles with a passion. Some may be put together in america but they are still made by Japanese, i will never own or drive a foriegn vehicle, some may say this is a strong opinion but its my opinion and im stickin to it.

The End.

PREACH IT MAN!
AMEN!

BigF350 01-12-2007 08:06 PM

Lets remember we are here to post factual information...

Not spout off with our own preduces. ESPECIALLY racial ones. :-X22

Chris1450 01-12-2007 10:18 PM

Remember GM owns the truck market and have for some time
______

so selling vehicles for a loss (fleet sales) to make the numbers look good is being #1 ???? I think not. get real gm trucks are behind.

______

Not spout off with our own preduces. ESPECIALLY racial ones

There is no racial comments there. There was a comment there, it was removed, when a Mod or admin ask you to do something, there IS A REASON. AdminThe FACT is that toyota is working at dominance in OUR country. How about a little national pride here. The profits go back to japan when you buy an American built toyota. japan has severe restrictions on our products going to there shores. The trade is not fair. As Americans we need to support AMERICAN interests first beyond our own selfish desires. American companies have gotten the hint. We are building better vehicles than ever before. American made toyota's aren't any better. Blame the unions. That is a big problem when gm has to pay a laid off worker a full years salery. That is bad business. But the point is that America can not become a nation of only service workers. We need to accell at manufacturing. Buying toyota products does not help our nation. Apathy will get us to third world status very quickly. It is time for national pride and make trade equal at the very least. Notice to all you japanese vehicle lovers... I did not bash the quality of japanese vehicles...so take your chop sticks and shove it. I am American and proud of it. I will not apologize for it. If you don't like it, LEAVE my country.

DOHCmarauder 01-12-2007 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by 460k&n

The End.

Darn shame that is...........I hear people say them furrin' made Fusions and Lincolns with dem Japanese undrpinnins' are durn fine automobiles............too bad yur 'pinion hates on dem furrin' car....(spit)

IB Tim 01-13-2007 05:32 AM

I am American and proud of it. I will not apologize for it. If you don't like it, LEAVE my country.
Understanding global economy will help a tremendous amount.