Missouri Chapter Join Chapter , Leader:77&79F250

Fund raising for the chapter?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2006, 07:52 PM
slmann
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Fund raising for the chapter?

I haven't been able to come up with anything for this. Does anyone have any ideas on how we could raise money for the chapter to use towards meets and such.

Also does anyone know of anyone that might want to sponsor a banner for us?

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Old 12-29-2006, 08:17 PM
Century Coronado
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, since Christmas is over, there are openings in front of stores where we could set up with blue kettles and ring bells. We could say we were members of "Slmann's Army".

Last edited by Century Coronado; 12-29-2006 at 08:29 PM.
Old 12-29-2006, 09:20 PM
pintoches
Postmaster
Hot girls in wet t-shirts at a truck wash!

Old 12-29-2006, 09:32 PM
tcbofade
Hotshot
After our recent successful Christmas party, maybe we should just have all of our meets at the chapter leaders house...and he could send us all gift cards from QT so that we can afford to drive there....

Sounds like a fine idea to me....

Old 12-29-2006, 10:05 PM
6L PWR
Postmaster
Bake sale? I don't know about the others, but I think I could rake it in.

Old 12-29-2006, 11:48 PM
FghtinIrshNvrDie
Postmaster
I can, uh...

If I knew how to raise money, I'd be doin it.

Ryan

Old 12-30-2006, 08:00 AM
slmann
Postmaster
Wow, look at all these great ideas pouring in.

Old 12-30-2006, 09:56 AM
mrfixit64857
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by 6L PWR
Bake sale? I don't know about the others, but I think I could rake it in.
I heard that about you.... but I thought they said "shovel" instead of rake....!
OK here goes.
We set up an early meet at frogfest, and at out booth we could have Todd's cookies, buy some harbor freight tools and resell em, Sell some of Rattlecan's artwork, Meg could wash trucks (terry'd donation, since we don't have a liquor vending license) and make a killing off of our "cast-off" parts from mods....or SLMANNS adventures....

Old 12-30-2006, 10:14 AM
Century Coronado
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by mrfixit64857
I heard that about you.... but I thought they said "shovel" instead of rake....!
OK here goes.
We set up an early meet at frogfest, and at out booth we could have Todd's cookies, buy some harbor freight tools and resell em, Sell some of Rattlecan's artwork, Meg could wash trucks (terry'd donation, since we don't have a liquor vending license) and make a killing off of our "cast-off" parts from mods....or SLMANNS adventures....
Years ago there used to be a liquor chain here in the St. Louis area called 9-0-5. My brother and his buddies used to load up their car with their house brand 9-0-5 beer and go to the Indy 500. They would set up at the flea market outside the race track and drink the beer and sell the empties to beer can collectors for $1.00 a can. He claimed people were standing in line for them to drink the beer to get the cans. Needless to say, they made a nice profit, (that crap was cheap to buy) got more snockered than Cooter Brown, and think they had a good time.

Ya think that might be an idea we could build upon?...

Old 12-30-2006, 10:40 AM
mrfixit64857
Posting Guru
With something like that in place, I think Todd could Fund us ALL.....
But now all that "house brand" falls under the "microbrewery" label, doesn't it? that jacks up the price right there.... Then again, I could see something called "FROG FEST" a great place to get drunk

Old 12-30-2006, 11:17 AM
bobf100
Freshman User
Not sure how practical these ideas are....

Throughout the summer there are tons of car shows. Perhaps we could cut a deal with some of the show promoters to allow us to set up a tent and sell food and drinks. Not sure what would be involved with selling beer - my guess is we would need a liqueur license but we might be able to sell soda without a license. We could also set up a display of our trucks to get people aware of our group. The downside of this idea is most shows already have people selling food so I don't think our chances are good.

A second idea is to have Ryan bring a bunch of his college coed female friends to St. Louis for a car wash. Of couse they would have to be willing to work for beer so that we could keep the profits and we could use the pictures for promotional purposes for our group.

Last idea is to put on our own show however I don't think we have enough people to make that happen. It's a lot of work and takes a bunch of planning.

Old 12-30-2006, 12:01 PM
mrfixit64857
Posting Guru
See, bob, that is the beauty of what century SAID.... " They would set up at the flea market outside the race track and drink the beer and sell the empties to beer can collectors for $1.00 a can"
This would allow US to have the beer, drink and not sell it, and since we all know the girls all get prettier at closing time, ALL the pretty ladies would FLOCK over to us and clamor at the chance to join our Truck wash.
As for the "SHOW", well, that's just a bonus to the whole deal.... our, trucks, our show, our awards! LOL....
Trouble is most of these family-type deals frown on IMBIBIN' AN' ALL....

Old 12-30-2006, 12:16 PM
FghtinIrshNvrDie
Postmaster
you know... in all that madness... I think the money might turn up missing by the end of the night. That's just me thinkin out loud, though.

Ryan

Old 12-30-2006, 12:29 PM
j&bsuv
Senior User
two words .... Beer cans . Who wouldent want to buy a poorley casted Mo Chapter paper weight made from beer cans we drank . I have a forge. I will make the prototype ASAP.

Jeff

Old 12-30-2006, 01:01 PM
mrfixit64857
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by FghtinIrshNvrDie
you know... in all that madness... I think the money might turn up missing by the end of the night. That's just me thinkin out loud, though.

Ryan
Making PLANS, are we??? at least now we know WHO to keep an EYE on... better yet, I'll treat you like TERRY.... YOURE in charge of the MONEY!
'sides, how plastered can YOU get on cans of sparkling grape?

Quick Reply: Fund raising for the chapter?