Sponsored by: DP Tuner

got my AE straiten out

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 07:41 PM
ron's power stroke
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
got my AE straiten out

I had to reset it..he told me not to enter the vin# on my truck cause some vin messes it up.jay walked me though it and all is good now..now for that test Alan..what was the 3 sensors I need to get my hpop pressure?? jay also told me a lot and I mean a lot of new ford feature coming soon for AE we will be able to make adjustment with it like tire size change and things like that...sounds like I bought mine just in time..

Old 12-18-2006, 07:50 PM
Uzumati
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
It is gona be sweet if we can recal the speedo.

Engine RPM, Injection Control Pressure (ICP), and Injection Control Duty Cycle % (IPR)

Old 12-18-2006, 07:58 PM
ron's power stroke
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by amiller93
It is gona be sweet if we can recal the speedo.

Engine RPM, Injection Control Pressure (ICP), and Injection Control Duty Cycle % (IPR)
yes it will be nice there is one other up date befor that but he said it is just about done and ready for us..he will e-mail us letting us know that its ready..

now all i got to do is bring them 3 up in live data..then start start my truck and run it at about 3k rpm for 3 minutes right??? then what???...just wach what it does or does it tell me after the fact??

thanks for your time alan

Old 12-18-2006, 08:09 PM
Uzumati
Post Fiend
At WOT for 3 minutes The pressure should not drop below 1800psi and IPR duty cycle should stay below 65%.

Also do some road testing, just drive around and "watch" ICP it should respond quikly and the lower the IPR the better (to a point) as long as it is maintaning enuff ICP for the pedal pressure you apply. Dont be suprised it ICP spikes over 3000psi on a hard acceleration.

Old 12-18-2006, 08:13 PM
ron's power stroke
Post Fiend
At WOT for 3 minutes The pressure should not drop below 1800psi and IPR duty cycle should stay below 65%.

Also do some road testing, just drive around and "watch" ICP it should respond quikly and the lower the IPR the better (to a point) as long as it is maintaning enuff ICP for the pedal pressure you apply. Dont be suprised it ICP spikes over 3000psi on a hard acceleration.
good deal thanks alot alan..if i can get this thing to record i will then i could show you whats up but it will half to wait till tomarrow..its 9 pm here now..how and where do you find how to run these test alan??

Old 12-18-2006, 08:33 PM
Uzumati
Post Fiend
Reading through the shop DVD me and Tenn01 have it explains how to do it with the Ford NGS tool so I just have to translate that into AutoEnginuityiese.

To record a data log Click where it says Data Logging File and type a name in the next window. Then click Open or Save (Can remember which one either will work).The default location should be "My Documents". When you are ready to start the log click the Red Square and it will start recording. It will save it in a ".csv" format that can be read in any spreadsheet program or reloaded in AE for viewing later.

Old 12-18-2006, 08:40 PM
ron's power stroke
Post Fiend
Reading through the shop DVD me and Tenn01 have it explains how to do it with the Ford NGS tool so I just have to translate that into AutoEnginuityiese.

To record a data log Click where it says Data Logging File and type a name in the next window. Then click Open or Save (Can remember which one either will work).The default location should be "My Documents". When you are ready to start the log click the Red Square and it will start recording. It will save it in a ".csv" format that can be read in any spreadsheet program or reloaded in AE for viewing later.
thanks alan...ill try this out tomarrow...i should have asked jay if they had one for for the ae...maybe ill e-mail him on that..he is great guy to deal with...very friendly..

Old 12-18-2006, 08:40 PM
sgrol
Laughing Gas
You are going to run the engine at WOT for 3 minutes just in park or neutral? That can't be good huh? What problem are you looking for? Trying to learn my AE tricks too!

Old 12-18-2006, 08:45 PM
ron's power stroke
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by sgrol
You are going to run the engine at WOT for 3 minutes just in park or neutral? That can't be good huh? What problem are you looking for? Trying to learn my AE tricks too!
just want to see if my hpop is up to snuff..i was worried about holding it at wot to..but alan is a good guy..very wise..he wouldnt let you hurt your truck...i trust him and ill give this a try tomarrow..

Old 12-18-2006, 08:48 PM
Uzumati
Post Fiend
It is part of the oil airation test and HPOP health test. In park with E-brake applied hold pedal to the floor for 3 minutes. These engines are built to run at WOT for there entire life. Ron has an early 99 with a 15* swashplate and he's just making sure it is keeping up with the DP tuner.

Old 12-18-2006, 08:49 PM
sgrol
Laughing Gas
Would never do that with a gasoline engine. Am fairly new to diesel and am still learning.

Old 12-18-2006, 09:07 PM
Uzumati
Post Fiend
A wise old man told me once that a gas engine has to be made to run, a diesel has to be made to stop running. Been in love with diesels ever since.

Old 12-19-2006, 08:26 AM
crack
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
woah, so you can hold it to the floor in park for 3 minutes....that sounds scary

Old 12-19-2006, 08:55 AM
Flywest
Senior User
Plain Dumb if you ask me

It sounds plain dumb if you ask me (and yes, no one did, ask me that is, butheres my 2c anyway!) to keep a Deisel engine at WOT under no load for 3 mins just to test a HPOP.
OK it might test the pump, but at what cost to the longevity of the engine?
Something non of us can escape, is the simple laws of physics!
As far as big end bearngs go - the centrifugal force load on those big end bearings at WOT unladen, increases by the square of the RPM's!

1000RPM's ^2 = 1,000,000 units of centrifugal force!

4000RPM's ^2 = 16,000,000 units of centrifugal force, or a 16 fold increase in reduced lifetime wear for a period of 3 minutes!

Increasing loadings by 1600% for no real gain doesn't sit well with me, not for one minute let alone 3 minutes!

RPM's are the enemy of engine longevity, to be avoided wherever possible IMHO...the simple laws of physics demand it for any thinking individual!!

Not for this little black duck!

Cheers!

Old 12-19-2006, 09:13 AM
crack
Elder User
this makes sense I guess...but I have often heard that diesels like to rev or or made to work at peak RPM....I'm a diamond driller and our drills are just 6cyl detroit and 4cyl deutz and they run WOT all day..24hours..for months on end.....and last forever.

Quick Reply: got my AE straiten out