2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tech help?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2006, 09:13 AM
mik369
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tech help?

Hello to all,
Is there any tech's here that may have an answer. I'm the person who had the metorite crash through my truck back in july maybe some of you remember.
Well in august while on vacation my truck was acting weird so I took it into the dealer and after having it 3 days they put a new pcm and tbp sensor in it.
Haven't had any problems till recently. It started to stumble from a stop and then one day the wrench light comes on, now I do have the evolution but no radical settings, so I put stock program in it and every once in a while it will stall from a stop. I also put update in edge and put it back in but this time it idled rough so I used the edge and pulled the code and it had a miss in # 8 cylinder so I return it back to stock sent edge back for a checking out and put truck in shop. They had it 3 days and said it pulled no codes and found nothing wrong.After I picked it up it stalled 3 times from a stop and stumbles from stop but not all the time , so now it goes back in on monday and wouldn't you know my mileage is at 34,458 This is a 2005 s/c 4x4 5.4 motor any Ideas. Thanks in advance. Mike.

Old 12-08-2006, 09:26 AM
NELawnCare
New User
Originally Posted by mik369
Hello to all,
Is there any tech's here that may have an answer. I'm the person who had the metorite crash through my truck back in july maybe some of you remember.
Well in august while on vacation my truck was acting weird so I took it into the dealer and after having it 3 days they put a new pcm and tbp sensor in it.
Haven't had any problems till recently. It started to stumble from a stop and then one day the wrench light comes on, now I do have the evolution but no radical settings, so I put stock program in it and every once in a while it will stall from a stop. I also put update in edge and put it back in but this time it idled rough so I used the edge and pulled the code and it had a miss in # 8 cylinder so I return it back to stock sent edge back for a checking out and put truck in shop. They had it 3 days and said it pulled no codes and found nothing wrong.After I picked it up it stalled 3 times from a stop and stumbles from stop but not all the time , so now it goes back in on monday and wouldn't you know my mileage is at 34,458 This is a 2005 s/c 4x4 5.4 motor any Ideas. Thanks in advance. Mike.
I can't help on your question but I'd be VERY interesed in seeing pictures of the Meteor damage

Old 12-08-2006, 08:52 PM
xtrm1stang
Senior User
I would suspect an throttle body concern, The wrench light is related to a throttle body concern, and since you TB control idle and acceleration fucntions, I would assume that would be your problem, could also be a pcm or wiring to TB from pcm.

Old 12-09-2006, 12:51 PM
FS-150
Senior User
Originally Posted by NELawnCare
I can't help on your question but I'd be VERY interesed in seeing pictures of the Meteor damage
The Search is your friend. https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/5...or-anyone.html