General Automotive Discussion

Ford vs Dodge Essay

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 04:19 PM
brandon_wyer
Junior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ford vs Dodge Essay

Alright, I'm supposed to be doing an essay on a controversial subject. We're supposed to pick a subject and then take a side on it. Without any thinking, I chose the Ford vs Dodge debate. You can't just come out and say that Ford rocks and Dodge blows, even though it is that simple. You have to get facts, sales figures, etc. This is why I came to you guys. If you guys have any good links or knowledge, help a Ford man out. Thanks.

Old 12-05-2006, 04:28 PM
lariat97
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ford trucks have out sold dodge by about 4 to 1 for the yrs since 94. Before that I think it was about 10 to1. Dodge only sold about 250,000 trucks a yr before the 94 model yr. Ford holds its value better than a Dodge.As for quality I have had some great Dodges. I've had 2 that I put almost 300k on with almost no repairs other than normal maintence. I can't flame Dodge for this reason.

Old 12-05-2006, 07:13 PM
Mil1ion
New User
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Watch for this thread in the General Automotive forum.

This one is for NON-automotive discussion.

Old 12-05-2006, 07:42 PM
brandon_wyer
Junior User
My bad, man. I should've known that.

Old 12-05-2006, 10:46 PM
jake00
FTE is my crack
I'm not too sure how this is controversial

Old 12-06-2006, 01:06 AM
MisterCMK
Fleet Owner
Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by jake00
I'm not too sure how this is controversial
Its hard to argue with facts. Ford > Dodge

Old 12-06-2006, 09:06 AM
wendell borror
Post Fiend
Ford has become a truck company that sells cars, where as dodge is a car company that sells trucks. Ford has put alot of it's resources behind it's truck line over the years to maintain thier reputation for built ford tough. From the super duty to the ranger, ford trucks are rugged, dependable and a great value for your dollar. Ford trucks are an american icon, from the model A on the Waltons to the big foot monster trucks, ford trucks are americona. Dodge only recently with the newer redesigned rams have had any real success. Ford builds the trucks america wants.

Old 12-06-2006, 04:51 PM
I6power
Posting Guru
Dude, if you do this right, this will be one hell of an essay. The key words are "if you do this right."

Remember, to keep you, and all of your FTE brotheren from looking like jackasses you have to do this smart. Heres a few things that come to mind:

1)Dont be biased in this essay.

2)You may want to target one aspect rather than just ford vs dodge. I mean, f vs d in work trucks, race trucks, longevity, sales figures, etc. This way you dont have to look up a bunch of stuff and then right a page on it. Like if you look up sales figures, you will have to elaborate on why you put those numbers there. For example, if you look up sales figures and say ford sold more than dodge, tell them why. It dosnt really mean **** if you say ford sold more than dodge cause dodge sucks. Ford sold more cars than ferrari but thats because not everyone can afford a ferrari (sp?) and id sure as hell rather drive a ferrari than a taurus. See what i mean?

3)dont be biased

4)Give hard facts, rather than common assumptions/myths. I assume you wouldnt do this but it needs to be said. Dont say something like, "in my experience every dodge i raced was slow." You should be more along the lines of, "if you look at the numbers, a stock ford puts out this much power, and the stock dodge puts out this much. Clearly weaker than ford." Then dodge would have no argument, no question. Which, come to think of it, was my 3rd point, which leads me to my 5th point:

5) dont be f-ing biased! I see this all the time in the automotive world and on this website and it makes me angry. I realize im getting into a rant and am getting off subject but still...If you chose your ford over dodge, give facts. Dont use ignorance.

Hope this helps, and good luck with your essay. You should post it when your done.

Old 12-06-2006, 05:22 PM
MisterCMK
Fleet Owner
A persuasive essay will have a bias.

Old 12-06-2006, 05:28 PM
I6power
Posting Guru
Not really.
Definitions of bias on the Web:

influence in an unfair way; "you are biasing my choice by telling me yours"

Maybe i misunderstand, im on no sleep and drove 6hrs from atlanta, my brain stopped working a while ago.

I guess what i mean is dont argue with ignorance

Last edited by I6power; 12-06-2006 at 05:32 PM.
Old 12-06-2006, 05:34 PM
Krochus
Elder User
<center> An essay on Ford vs Dodge debate</center> In this essay I will consider the social, economic and political factors of Ford vs Dodge debate. In depth analysis of Ford vs Dodge debate can be an enriching experience. Given that its influence pervades our society, it is impossible to overestimate its impact on modern thought. It is an unfortunate consequence of our civilizations history that Ford vs Dodge debate is rarely given rational consideration by global commercial enterprises, obviously. Relax, sit back and gasp as I display the rich tapestries of Ford vs Dodge debate.

Social Factors

Society is a simple word with a very complex definition. The immortal and indispensable phrase �honesty is the best policy� [1] must have been referning to Ford vs Dodge debate. Difference among people, race, culture and society is essential on the survival of our world, however Ford vs Dodge debate raises the question 'why?'

Our post-literate society, more than ever before, relies upon Ford vs Dodge debate. Society says that every man must find their own truth. While one sees Ford vs Dodge debate, another may see monkeys playing tennis.

Economic Factors

The preceding section may have shed some light on society but to really understand man you must know how he spends his money. We will study the Fish-Out-Of-Water model. For those of you unfamiliar with this model it is derived from the Three-Amigos model but with greater emphasis on the outlying gross national product.

<table> <tbody><tr> <td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top">
</td> </tr> <tr><td>oil
Prices
</td><td colspan="2">

</td></tr><tr><td>
</td><td bgcolor="#d0e6fe" width="10">
</td><td> Ford vs Dodge debate</td></tr></tbody> </table> There is no longer a need to argue the importance of Ford vs Dodge debate, it is clear to see that the results speak for themselves. The question which surfaces now is, how? Obviously oil prices looms over Ford vs Dodge debate this cannot be a coincidence. Supply Side Economic Tax Cuts Tax deductions could turn out to be a risky tactic.

Political Factors

Politics has in some areas been seen to embrace an increasing ananiathesis of intergovernmentalism leading to neo-functionalism. Comparing international relations since the end of the century can be like observing the two, equally popular approaches to Ford vs Dodge debate. If the reader is unaware of these, they need only to turn on the television, or pick up a newspaper or popular magazine.

In the words of nobel prize winner Noah Woodpecker 'You can lead a horse to water, big deal.' [2] One cannot help but agree when faced with Ford vs Dodge debate, that this highlights an important issue. If Ford vs Dodge debate be the food of politics, play on.

The question which we must each ask ourselves is, will we allow Ford vs Dodge debate to win our vote? Conclusion

We can conclude that the Ford vs Dodge debate deserves all of the attention it gets. It inspires, invades where necessary and statistically it's great.

I shall give the final word to star Mariah J. Fox: 'You win some, you loose some, but Ford vs Dodge debate wins most often.' [3]

<hr size="1"> [1] Traditional - possibly first said by King Arthor... but probably not.

[2] Woodpecker - Serving The Greats - 1990 Palmerston House Publishing

[3] Weekly Ford vs Dodge debate - Issue 54 - Rhino Media

Old 12-06-2006, 10:14 PM
MisterCMK
Fleet Owner
Originally Posted by I6power
Not really.
Definitions of bias on the Web:

influence in an unfair way; "you are biasing my choice by telling me yours"

Maybe i misunderstand, im on no sleep and drove 6hrs from atlanta, my brain stopped working a while ago.

I guess what i mean is dont argue with ignorance
Originally Posted by dictionary.com
2. a particular tendency or inclination, esp. one that prevents unprejudiced consideration of a question; prejudice.

9. to cause partiality or favoritism in (a person); influence, esp. unfairly: a tearful plea designed to bias the jury.
There will always be a bias in persuasive writing as the author is attempting to tell the reader why they should agree with the author's views.

Old 12-06-2006, 10:16 PM
MisterCMK
Fleet Owner
Krochus - Nice use of big words but you really don't say anything in that article.

Old 12-06-2006, 10:48 PM
I6power
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by MisterCMK
Krochus - Nice use of big words but you really don't say anything in that article.
I was gonna say the same thing, but i figured if he wanted to argue with me my little words would be no match.

I still maintain what i was saying earlier though. You can give an argument and try to get someone to agree with you without being biased. The definition i gave earlier, the first few words are: an unfair comparison. Take this example:

Person A is a self proclaimed truck expert. Person B is ignorant, and is refering to A for advice on which truck to buy. B was asking about different types of trucks. A says, "Chevy makes a good truck, and so does dodge, but i still would go with a ford." B asks, why, and A says simply, "because they are better than those crappy chevys." When asked, how so, A "says because they suck." When asked what he means, or if he has proof or evidence of why they are no good, he says, "just trust me, they are terrible." (see where im going with this?)

Take the same example, but have A reply with "i would chose a ford because it has been proven to have more power, i have the papers right here with dyno charts."

The first example is a biased opinnion, whereas the second one is an unbiased opinion. The comparison is fair.

Sraighten me out if im wrong, but i think i am correct on this one.

Old 12-07-2006, 12:30 AM
MisterCMK
Fleet Owner
There will always be personal preference in a persuasive essay which means there is a bias.

What you are talking about is strictly opinion without any basis on fact.

Quick Reply: Ford vs Dodge Essay